07th Expansion Birthdays

This may sound mean considering all the work you’ve put into this and how amazing it is, but if possible it would be nice to add the year of birth for those characters that have a specified age, which I know is not everyone.

Amazing work in any case.

Thanks!

Well hmm, that would be difficult. Ryukishi only provides the month and days on his pages. If you have any ideas, let me know! xD

For some characters that would be impossible, but there’s many characters whom we know the age of. From that point on could be rapidly calculated by their birthday.
At least for Umineko I think I could do it if you want ^^;;

Sure that would be great thanks! :smiley:

Cool list. I did notice one character missing from the Umineko section which is (Massive Spoilers)Ushiromiya Beatrice. It’s likely that they would have a ??? birthday though.

Wow, I have the same birthday as Okonogi. Awesome :smile:

1 Like

Ugh? I have the same birthday as… Amakawa Jeanne lol…

At least Amakawa Jeanne is better than Gabriel Kaburaya. xD

I’m closest in birthdate to Kinzo!

1 day off Numata Youko… Damn, they’re luck enough to be on Anzac day.

so shannon and i were born on the same day nice… (ง ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)ว
:smirk:

Interestingly, Ryukishi recently revealed the ages he imagined the club members in Higurashi to be.

He said the older club members were in middle school, so that would make Keiichi 14, Rena 13 (almost 14), and Mion and Shion 14 (almost 15).

And Rika and Satoko are in 6th grade, so they’re 11 (almost 12)

So how close were you in guessing their ages? I was right about the older club members, but I got Rika and Satoko’s ages wrong (I was off by a year).

2 Likes

I still find that really interesting.

I’m really glad that the xx’s are finally revealed. It bugged me reading the VNs. xD

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember some discussion from the Higurashi VN (it was from Onikakushi, maybe?) where Keichii and Mion talk about birthdays. And apparently they’re born in the same year, only Mion is months older, thus in a higher grade. Besides, wasn’t Mion in last grade and supposed to have some big exams soon? Wouldn’t that make her and Shion a bit older, since they’re closed to graduating high school? But then, I am not really sure what the average age for graduating would be in 1983 Japan…

I think the big exams are entrance exams for high school. Therefore, would be Mion in the last grade of middle school, which matches up with her age.

1 Like

Happy birthday, Rika!

3 Likes

Meh, I’m closest in birthdate to Hideyoshi, though it’s really cool that I share a star sign with Beato. :sagittarius:

(The spoilered individual birthday is from the Umineko list of birthday’s)

I find it odd how (Umineko Episode 3 spoiler) Lambdadelta, Miyo and Tanashi Meryl all share the same birthday. I suppose it’s another red herring though. My birthday’s in between (Umineko Episode 4 spoiler)Ange’s and theirs, and I won’t say which is closer since that would make it a simple question of deduction as to when it is.

Additionally, that Rika’s​ birthday falls on the Higurashi anniversary, and that Takano dies just one day before her birthday.

(Higurashi spoilers)

Is it possible that the creation of ‘Takano Miyo’ from ‘Tanashi Miyoko’ is just a result of fate, since her birthday is just two days after the Watanagashi festival, so is it possible that Hanyū played a role in all of this

Why do I feel like I’m spouting the obvious facts in a rather tactless manner?

@epika Might you be so nice and either unspoiler the Umineko characters that have appeared in the first four episodes or mark in which episode a character first appears in? As I’m only up to ep 4, I’m afraid of checking each line myself.

1 Like

Are you aware of Lambdadelta and Takano’s connection?