07th Expansion Birthdays

@epika Might you be so nice and either unspoiler the Umineko characters that have appeared in the first four episodes or mark in which episode a character first appears in? As I’m only up to ep 4, I’m afraid of checking each line myself.

1 Like

Are you aware of Lambdadelta and Takano’s connection?

(Umineko spoilers)

Well aware, in fact I for a long time supported the Lambdadelta-Takano connection, but after reading that Ryukishi07 intended the connection between names as a red herring, supplanted by other indirect evidence mentioned somewhere in this forum. Even so, there’s a lot connecting the two, but that’s for another thread. Long story short, I’m looking for other connections, but I’m​ pretty sure Ryukishi07 wasn’t using the red there. I asked the question to see if there were any alternative theories for that connection.

1 Like

I actually went looking awhile back to see if any happened to share my birthday.

It’s a bit frustrating that there are two that have one the day before.

It is done!

Thanks for the reminder.

At least you don’t share a birthday with Dr. Nanjo… (I do, lol).

Well, it’s not the worst birthday to share.

At the risk of repeating myself, has anyone noticed Miyo Takano’s, and Lambdadelta’s, and Meryl’s birthday is the day after Watanagashi?

(Higurashi spoilers)

So I guess in some sick way, Tomitake’s induced suicide would be her birthday present, since he dies around the midnight of the Watanagashi festival

2 Likes

I never noticed this! I’m certain it’s intended though. Since, (Matsuribayashi spoilers) The fruition of Takano’s plans would be the perfect birthday present. In one day, Takano is able to kill Tomitake, as well as stage her own death. These events help kickstart the paranoia around Hinamizawa, which eventually tears apart Rika’s friend group. Without her friends to protect her, Rika will always die, usually at Takano’s hand. As we know, this is the cause of The Great Hinamizawa Disaster, which is really just Takano testing her grandfather’s theory. After all, Takano really just wanted to validate the theories of her grandfather, since everyone thought he was crazy. She knew he was right, and she was determined to have everyone else see this. Come to think of it, the fruition of the disaster, no matter how cruel it is, is the perfect present for Takano. She gets everything she’s ever wanted. She’s finally able to play God, and prove that her grandfather wasn’t the crazy person society painted him as.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it for a while, but why does Flauros, a character I don’t even recognize (and as I recall doesn’t even have a sprite), have a birthday, but Evatrice doesn’t? Does she have the same birthday as her human identity? Ryukishi, you have weird priorities for characters with birthdays.

Here’s some context on (Umineko spoilers) Flauros@WitchOfGames! So Flaros only appears in the bonus material called “Our Confession”. This confession is basically Yasu crafting a new story (one without the magical bits yet), and she is showing it to Dlanor. It’s basically the two of them talking about mysteries verses fantasy, and it gives a little bit more on Yasu’s perspectives on magic. Our Confession can be read in full here. Flauros was meant to be be demon like Ronove or Gaap. Like them, I think she was meant to be a duke of hell. Also like them and Beatrice’s other demons, she appears in the Lesser Key of Solomon. I’m not sure if Flauros was meant to have a human form either. Unlike Ronove and Virgilia, there isn’t an easy human to connect her with. Makes me wonder if she’s like Gaap and doesn’t have a human form. Or, was there another human that was scrapped from the story? Or, am I missing something and there is a human to connect her with after all?

That said, I agree that Eva-Beatrice should be added to the list… I’m curious whether or not her birthday is technically the same as Eva’s…

1 Like

On the topic of birthdays, does anyone do anything for the birthday(s) of your favorite character(s)?

Last year, I drew an image for Kanon’s birthday, as well as (Umineko Chiru spoilers) Lion’s birthday. If you’re interested, you can see it here!

(Please be mindful if you want to look through other posts on my blog, as there are definitely Chiru spoilers throughout!)

1 Like