A Rondo of Fate and Mystery [Solved]

The reason why I’d assume Nitorcis would shout soon after opening the door is because she could only wait for so long in the corridor before Battler would get suspicious. I’d expect it’d take some ten seconds to get to the door, a moment to unlock it, and then some fifteen seconds for Ritsuka to go upstairs quietly enough to be unnoticed. If Nitocris just waited in the corridor for half a minute before doing anything, I imagine Battler would’ve started wondering about what’s up with her. If they were already finished with examining the bedroom, Battler would’ve followed sooner. If they weren’t done already, Battler would wonder why she’s going outside and spending any extended amount of time there. The narrative didn’t mention Nitocris saying anything to Battler about going ahead to the room they agreed to meet on, which could’ve explained this.

Well, if Robin was murdered, it more or less has to be Mashu who killed him. Let’s try a couple of things. She had no reason to blame Robin, but she did so anyway. She was acting irrationally. She needed to blame someone, and Robin was there. Alternatively, the whole murder mystery thing was Mashu’s idea, and thus Robin blamed her for Ritsuka’s death. Robin attacked her, and Mashu killed him in excessive self-defense. Or perhaps Robin did not attack her, but blamed her for Ritsuka’s death, and Mashu wanted to shut him up because she couldn’t take it. She didn’t really intend to kill Robin, it just happened.

Ritsuka’s corpse was not moved after death? Mashu carried him away, but he wasn’t actually dead until she’d already brought him outside the mansion grounds. Or perhaps Ritsuka walked out of the mansion grounds himself, before finally succumbing to his wounds.

That’s what I was waiting for. XD

Ritsuka’s death was instantaneous.

Come on, there is not much of a trick involved. He is neither inside the mansion, nor in the rose garden. But in the first chapter there was a throw-away line about a certain part of the mansion’s layout.

I have to confess I mostly skipped the first chapter in any rereads I did of the story. Well, in any case, I believe this will be the end.

Ritsuka’s corpse fell on the small roof covering the front entrance.

Also troll solution: Ritsuka actually faked falling down the attic to his death just to screw with Mashu. Mashu carried Ritsuka’s supposedly dead body outside the mansion grounds to bury it, and accidentally dropped it down in a way that broke Ritsuka’s neck, killing him instantly.

Congratulations then! Because yeah, that’s it!^^

And now you are just ruining your run… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve already put up the ‘Hidden Teaparty’ with the conclusion to the story. I thank you very much for sticking with me… and telling me how much of a lengthy monstrosity my ‘gameboard’ is. Good thing I am not trying to translate my Detective Conan crossover I did a few years ago. Because that thing is supposed to be its own Umineko episode in its own right. Though it wouldn’t be much of a game since Shinichi already solves 90% of riddles during his stay on Rokkenjima…

I’m also thanking all the silent lurkers, whoever you are! I hope you add any opinions of your own!

1 Like

Thanks for hosting. I hope my failure to pinpoint where I actually struck true, instead opting on focusing on entirely wrong theories for the most part, was not too infuriating.

This was not quite five posts long, but I enjoyed the ride, nonetheless.

Nah, it was quite a cool battle. And it showed me that playing the witch might not be quite so hopeless a position as I initially thought.^^

This seemed like a fun discussion. Apologies for not participating. In my case, it wasn’t really the length that stopped me from chipping in, but rather the crossover aspect made it a bit hard for me personally to follow along the story smoothly. But that’s just kind of my thing with crossovers in general, I suppose.

I suppose that since I was already familiar with Fate (and Umineko, obviously), it was easier for me to start thinking about things. There weren’t any outlandish new fantasy concepts for me to try to understand.

Speaking of crossovers, this gameboard inspired me to think about how Servants could be used in a murder mystery - especially their “special abilities”, Noble Phantasms. For example, I believe Robin Hood can use his to become completely undetectable, with certain restrictions? I feel like there’s a lot of stuff you could do with them, so I’m kinda interested in trying to craft a gameboard using Servants, myself. I have an idea or two, but it might be a long time before I have enough time to seriously try to write down anything. And I have one other gameboard I’ve been thinking about occsionally that I’d probably make first, if I do find the time and motivation.

It was fun to follow along. Good job midsummer.
I knew Fate so the servant concept wasn’t too confusing, although not playing Grand Order made it hard to get a sense for the characters. And by the time i was ready to battle you had already done so much I didn’t really find a good point to jump in.

About how servants could be used in mysteries - let’s not forget command spells.
The whole time I was thinking about how those could be used to force soemone to give false testimony etc.
Well, I figured they weren’t important here since they weren’t mentioned, but it was delightful to think about the potential. Heh.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I guess I am being a bit crossover happy recently. Though the meta-nature of Umineko of course easily allows for something like this.
In my defense, the gameboard was intended for people playing Grand Order, because I thought people already liking Type Moon visual novels could get baited easily into Umineko. Posting it here was a last resort to get some kind of conclusion for it.

Yep. For simplicities sake I didn’t point out that Robin just had to be the one hiding there thanks to his invisibility cloak that also hides its presence. Because Servants according to lore can sense each other and if Elizabeth and Ibaraki had come closer to the crime scene, they might have easily pointed out that there was still a hidden Servant lurking around if not for that cloak.

I would gladly join you when you do.^^

Admittedly, I have another rather megalominiac idea on my desk, though it is unlikely I make a ‘gameboard’ out of it. A few years ago after I finished Umineko I thought it cool to apply its narrative devices on a Star Trek fanfic in which Picard and a young trainee diplomat get caught up in a murder mystery on a space station, only for Q to turn this whole mess into his own ever repeating gameboard. I had already scripted enough of a story to make it a four-episode arc. I just have to wrap up my current stories, but then I think I’ll give it a go.^^