Announcing the Umineko Tea Party! Commencing with Episode 1 on the 8th of July

Announcing the Umineko Tea Party! Commencing with Episode 1 on the 9th of July

That's right! The Rokkenjima Tea Parties are back, and this time we're getting together to read Umineko Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch together as a community to commemorate its launch on Steam! To finally see Umineko receive an official localisation is a huge occasion, so we can only hope to commemorate the best way we know how; gathering together to read and discuss it.

The Umineko Ep 1 Tea Party will take place from the 8th to the 30th of July, giving you guys a bit of extra time to acquire the game. Once it's in your possession and you've found the time to read it, we invite you to share your impressions and join the discussion over on our forum topic. At the conclusion of the Tea Party a select few members of the community will join together to record a Podcast, collating all the forum discussion and sharing our own thoughts on the Episode we've just read. You can get a feel for our Tea Parties by checking out our Higurashi Onikakushi Tea Party here. (Watanagashi is next up!)

The Tea Party will be 100% spoiler-free, and we're hoping for people new to the series to push discussion forward. If you've had an interest in Umineko but have yet to take the plunge, I can guarantee that now's the best time. Nothing beats the experience of discussing these stories with others as you read and having an audience to bounce speculation off. You won't wanna pass this opportunity up!

I'm very excited to sit down with Umineko and discuss it with you all. I hope you'll consider joining us when the time comes!

Feel free to use the discussion below to ask questions and share feedback on the Episode 1 Tea Party.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/announcing-the-umineko-tea-party/
7 Likes

Seriously hype for this. Just hearing so many talk about it for the past couple years, and to an even greater extent now with this community, this is one of the most excited Ive been for any VN.

Are there any plans at this point for how spread out the Tea Party are gonna be? Ive heard plenty of people say its best to leave plenty of time in between chapters, but I dont know if we even have a time frame for when the Answer arcs are gonna be released on Steam, which would obviously affect this.

2 Likes

Yeah the simultaneous release kind of changed the original plan which was just, to do it as they’re released. There will be a gap between episodes for sure. My plan is to alternate between Umineko and Higurashi Tea Parties (while juggling Kaza Bookclubs in between). That would put Episode 2 at mid September - October, depending on when Little Busters comes out. (Bit of behind the scenes talk there)

3 Likes

Well, here’s more to add in to my VN backlog, then ^^; Having already read Umineko once, (and already learned about most of the secrets) I figure I can use this bookclub as an excuse to look at everything from a different angle. As they say, “Without love, it cannot be seen”

1 Like

The Umineko Episode 1 Tea Party has now officially begun! You have from now until the 30th of July to read through Umineko and share your thoughts in our Episode 1 Discussion Topic.

Our creative types are also encouraged to contribute fanworks of Episode 1 in our Umineko Fanart Topic.

Let the intellectual banquet begin. Will you surrender to the witch or not?

2 Likes