Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to Rokkenjima! We always enjoy meeting other fans of Higurashi and Umineko who love/have endured the series and I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here :joyful:

1 Like

Hello everibody, I’m Giuseppe, I’m 17 and I’m from Italy (so sorry if I can’t speak english very well). I wached higurashi anime and I loved it (and it seems that none else know about when they cry here in Italy). I also watched umineko, but I think it’s not as good as higurashi. I hope to enjoy here :+1:

4 Likes

That is certainly true for the anime, however I do recommend you to read the VNs. Because both are amazing and I haven’t even finished both of them. Anyway, welcome to Rokkenjima! Hope you’ll enjoy it here.

Thank you very much. I am going to read them during this summer

1 Like

Hello; I’m Arcavius. I live in the United States.

I discovered Umineko sometime before the release of Episode 3 and have enjoyed it ever since. I found Rokkenjima.org when I stumbled onto one of the podcasts on YouTube while watching other Umineko-related videos. I’ve read the Higurashi Question Arcs and thought they were a good read, but Umineko really captures my imagination. I read the demo of Rose Guns Days but it wasn’t my style.

My interests outside the game board include history, roleplaying, strategy games and historical strategy games with roleplaying elements.

7 Likes

Welcome @Arcavius, I hope to see you posting around here often in the future! You’ve read Higurashi up to Chapter 4, right? Why not go and discuss the story up to this point over at our spoiler free discussion topic for that chapter?

It might also be nice to see if you have anything you want to add in any of our numerous Umineko threads.

2 Likes

Thank you. Do you know of anyone currently working on an Umineko fan episode? If so, do you know whether they want any help?

I do not know of any fan episodes, but there is a fan visual novel going on! Feel free to join us there if you are interested! Also, if you’re into singing, there’s a communal chorus, which is singing “You” from Higurashi. There are a lot of ways to get involved here, so enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m a huuuuuuuge 07th Expansion fan. I first discovered Umineko through the anime and have needed like-minded people to discuss the story with for so long. I’m a lonely goat lol.

I’m from Eastern US. Umineko is honestly my favorite story of all time. I love Ryukishi’s ability to show characters with many many different sides to them without losing their core identity at all. They feel like real people.

2 Likes

[quote=“GoldenBugHunter, post:341, topic:64, full:true”]How did you find Rokkenjima?

I was googling aroung, wondering if there was an inspirational island for Rokkenjima in Umineko the same way Hinamizawa was blatantly copied from a real village in Japan. If there were, I would totally want to visit it in early October, just to say that I did.[/quote]
I don’t know where the island of Rokkenjima is based (if it is based on a real island at all), but the Ushiromiya’s mansion is based off of the Kyu-Furukawa Gardens.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that is really close to my way to school. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

1 Like

Welcome @KarasuInoue! You’ll be finding yourself in good company here when it comes to Umineko fans. Please take the time to check out all the different forum topics we have and jump on in!

@GoldenBugHunter Awesome, we finally have a member living in Japan! Have you been participating in any of the 07th Expansion events happening in Japan lately? I might need to call upon your help for getting some coverage of these events in the future! If you’d be willing of course~

I definitely recommend all of you work toward earning that Witch rank as soon as possible! It’ll grant you many privileges in our community, such as access to exclusive forum topics like the Rokkenjima World Map! Soon Witch Rank will be a requirement for joining our Discord Chat, so don’t delay! I hope to see you all there!

1 Like

I only just arrived at the beginning of April this year, so I believe I missed all the 15th anniversary fun. If there is anything still coming, let me know and I will try to pull it off. As a student, my Japanese is still very bad so it is hard for me to really comprehend what is on the 07th Expansion web page or subscribe to Ryukishi’s twitter and actually know what is being talked about.

That said, when you hear something, tell me about it and I will try to make things happen, because I would love to actually get involved with these things and make contact, get autographs etc. Anyone who calls themselves a witch hunter has a blue truth or two they want to someday throw at the territory lord, right? I have come so far, fixated on my desire. :kinzo:

1 Like

Well Umineko Sou is happening in Tokyo in October, might wanna look into getting a ticket~

Vladislav aka Scorch or Кто-то там is glad to see living WTC community. Well, I’ve arrived after a long journey through imageboards where I received information about your forum. I’m from Zaporizhia (don’t even try to pronounce it correctly :wahaha: ), it’s rusty industrial city in Ukraine. Unfortunately, you can’t see large number of Russian-speaking Umineko fans here, but I want to assure you that our fanbase is quite big.
I’ve read only Higurashi and Umineko. Did you know that Russian translation of the answer arcs for Cicadas was completed in 2016? Really shameful display, probably our people lost their attention after so many years of waiting.
I’m an artist who left everything to study traditional art and I will do all I can to attract more people to the works of 07th Expansion.

7 Likes

Welcome to our community, Vladislav! It’s really nice to see another Russian-speaking fan joining Rokkenjima. I hope you like it here!

@Scorch Welcome to Rokkenjima!! Since you speak Russian, I’m guessing you’ve heard of Umineko Project? It’s got a Russian translation and an English translation.

Yeah, it’s well-known project. They advertised themselves on Russian-speaking imageboards 5 years ago.

Welcome to our humble community @Scorch! I hope this can become a place you enjoy being a part of.

Greetings, everyone! I’m Aurarcane. I live in the southern part of Germany and have become quite a big fan of 07th expansion works in the last 2 years. Well, I first watched the Higurashi anime (I believe that’s how most people in the community discovered 07th expansion) after which I’ve read through Umineko.

As it turns out the latter has become my favourite piece of fiction and I wonder if I will ever stumble upon anything that comes close to it. I also started reading through the visual novel of Higurashi (which, while the anime is well-done, is in my opinion the best way to experience Ryuukishi’s works) and finished Meakashi a few days ago so I’m currently waiting for the steam releases of the last 3 answer arcs. Of course I’m also planning on reading through other 07th expansion works like Higabana and Rose Guns Days.

I discovered this forum after searching for a place to discuss WTC a while back but I’ve remained a lurker for quite some time, haha. Well, I have to say the Rokkenjima community seems very welcoming so why not join in? :smiley:

I’m really looking forward to discuss the 07th expansion works and mostly the WTC series with all of you! I’m also very excited for When They Cry 5 as it will be the first time for me (and probably many others) to be able to join the discussions about the episodes as they are released.

6 Likes