Introduce Yourself!

Hello! I’m italktowalls, and currently in the U.S.A. i found both higurashi and umineko through their anime series which caused me to fall in love with them. I own all of forms of both higurashi and umineko, including the anime box sets for umineko. I came because of my love for horror and stayed for the amazing story.

5 Likes

Hey there all!
I’m Xavier, but I’m usually just called by my nickname, Star. I’m 18 and live in Melbourne, Australia, and am currently an university student studying Computer Science and Japanese! I hope to use this knowledge of Japanese to read more 07th Expansion works in the future.
I’ve completed the Umineko visual novels (Chapters 1-8) and part of the manga for it. My favorite one would be the latter of the two VN’s, but if I were to pick a chapter, I’d have to pick the 5th. Umineko was an amazing read, which I blasted through in a few weeks, it’s kept me thinking about everything that’s happened, like I’m sure it has for most of you. It’s definitely my favorite VN and work to date. (Steins;Gate is close behind though).
I found Rokkenjima through a post on the subreddit r/visualnovels, and have been looking for an Umineko community to participate in, so it seemed like a great idea to join!
Outside of 07th Expansion, I have an avid interest in Gaming, Programming, and Japanese VN’s/Anime along with Japanese culture. I game a lot in my free time, as well as read VN’s and watch the occasional anime when I have time!
There’s not much to say about myself, but I can say a few random things, my personality type is INTP, my vision is garbage (-3.75 in both eyes shortsighted).
I tend to lurk a lot more than I post, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting, but I’ll do my best to participate when I can, hope we all have some great discussions going on!

8 Likes

Pretty interesting name. What the hell is a Funyarinpa!?

No, I won’t apologize to the Funyarinpa :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

• I’m EnDy_S (21, my other nick is gdfjhnwt) from Hungary, currently living in Japan, majoring in Japanese language and culture.

• It probably says all that my greatest regret in life is not following Umineko the time it was released and still actively discussed everywhere. I hope this forum with a fresh start can make that experience available again, to a certain extent at least. (I still plan to read back all the thousands of pages on animesuki sometime though).

• As for 07th Expansion works, I’ve watched Umineko and Higurashi anime about 10 times, read Umineko VN twice so far and I also play Ougon Musou Kyoku X even up to this day!
    Umineko is my favourite work of all time, to the level that I can’t even imagine finding something even remotely close to it. Still have big hopes for Ryukishi’s and Maeda’s new works though. Oh yeah and Kazamatsuri, I might seem like a new guy here but I’m actually following that site since it’s first day, It’s just that I usually don’t have time to take part in the conversations.
    I’ve also decided to make the most complete Umineko collection I can. I will post a picture of my treasure once I’m finished. What I’ve got so far is PC and PS3 version of the game, every single umineko related book from amazon (LNs, art books etc., about 30 I’d say), posters, limited edition goodies, all manga released in english, both Ougon Musou Kyoku aaaand the sign of Ryukishi from an auction.
    Also luckily I had the chance this year to visit the real life location of both Umineko and Higurashi.

• I’ve got here from VN reddit

• My interests outside 07th Expansion would be other animes and VNs. I’m a big fan of Key as a whole not only Maeda’s works. For example Rewrite affected my views on things just as much as Umineko and Clannad did. Also a Minori fanboy, oh all them dramas. And last but not least, I spent years with hardcore gaming but I had to give up on that to pursue my academic goals.

Yoroshikuonegaishimasu desu

6 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m Isae. I translate visual novels.

Higurashi is my all-time favorite work of fiction. I was somewhat into it “back in the day,” but for some reason I only really got into it the second time around, which was a few years ago.

I’m also a big fan of Ryukishi’s other works; I think I’ve read everything except Rose Guns Days.

My passions are good stories (in novels, movies, games, anything) and linguistics (although I only speak English and Japanese).

I guess something that people might find interesting about me is that I’m the official translation checker for the new Umineko releases. :smile:

14 Likes

@Isae Wow, one of Umineko’s translators is here! Thank you for joining us!

And thank you to everyone else! @AchroShana, @Funyarinpa, @EisenKoubu, @Bofu, @ghagler, @italktowalls, @StarTurner and @EnDy_S! It’s awesome to see so many new faces here. I hope you’ll consider joining our Discord chat as well!

Let’s prove to everyone that the 07th Expansion fandom is not going anywhere!

4 Likes

Hello everybody! I’m Aulin/Carlos. I found this page in tiwtter, from a rtweet and I found this to be interesting, so maybe I can have here good times talking about Umineko, Higanbana, Rose Gun Days and Higurashi that are some of my favourite visual novels. I’ve read all of them but the first of them was Umineko.
Well, I’m also from Spain, sorry for my bad english, somehow I’m trying to improve it. Outside of 07thExpansion, I really like TYPE-MOON, Steins;Gate, To Aru, Game of Thrones.
I’m really bad at introducing myself, but I hope I can have a really good time here

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Grey/Beatrice, 19, from the USA!
I tend to overshare and can be a lot of enthusiasm, and I hope to get to know many of you! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⌒●~*

My first exposure to the 07th expansion world was through Higurashi, which will always hold a really special place in my heart.

BUT the real reason I came to the Cry party and never left was Umineko.
I got into the series in 7th grade and it’s sustained it’s role as my favorite series of all time / hyperfixation since. I personally identify deeply with\as Beato, and it’s been my goal for years to champion Umineko into everyone’s lives, wether they like it or not. I cosplay Sayo and Shannon and i’ve been enjoying my year long celebration of the Rokkenjima murders by memeing about Umineko 24/7. I’m cosplaying every Sayo fragment and getting my golden eagle tattoo in October! Needless to say, Umineko has my heart and is my home and is a ridiculously large part of my identity and my life.

I also enjoy Higanbana and Rose gun days, and look forwards to anything Dragon Dad Ryukishi offers and I love nothing more than talking with other people who enjoy his works! I got here from tumblr where I hide for seacats memes and I’m happy to join the other 50 umineko fans screaming into the void of the internet (or how it feels, at times).

My other interests include Star Wars, Pokemon, and general prop and costume making.

Please always feel free to say hi and scream with me or @ me when you want to talk about Beato or Sayo! I can’t wait to get to know everyone.

10 Likes

Welcome; glad to have you! :smiley:

That’s pretty awesome. I’ll admit that my love for Umineko is more for the mystery and locked rooms, but Ryukishi certainly poured an immense amount of depth into the reasons behind those mysteries and Beato. It’s really fascinating stuff; I look forward to discussing it with you on those topics! Though I need to go find said topics first, haha.

1 Like

And same to you! I came for the mystery and stayed for the Ushiromiya family soap opera. Ive always found it interesting how those two aspects played out.

4 Likes

And I thought I was the only one with a Golden Eagle tattoo! I bet it’ll look awesome

Eyyyy! I bet it looks awesome : D
My friend Jessica and I are getting ours on the 5th,
I’m getting mine in Beatrice’s thigh tattoo placement.

A mass welcoming to @Bofu, @italktowalls, @StarTurner, @EnDy_S, @Isae, @Aulin, and @Beatrice! Old habits die hard, I guess… :sweat_smile:

[quote=“StarTurner, post:33, topic:64”]
my personality type is INTP
[/quote]Last I checked, I’m INFP, so I guess our personalities are somewhat similar. :slightly_smiling:

[quote=“EnDy_S, post:35, topic:64”]
Oh yeah and Kazamatsuri, I might seem like a new guy here but I’m actually following that site since it’s first day, It’s just that I usually don’t have time to take part in the conversations.
[/quote]We’ve got many such lurkers in Kazamatsuri, but that doesn’t mean anything here. We’re glad to have you regardless. :slightly_smiling:

[quote=“Aulin, post:38, topic:64”]
I really like TYPE-MOON
[/quote]Ay, me too. Fate/Stay Night, Melty Blood and Carnival Phantasm are cool. I’m currently reading Fate/Apocrypha, and I’m still waiting for that Tsukihime remake. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Beatrice, post:39, topic:64”]
My other interests include Star Wars
[/quote]Did you like The Force Awakens? I know I did. :smile:

2 Likes

@EisenKoubu Yeah, INFP is the tactician, and INTP is the logician! (I think)

1 Like

Same! I love it, because I really was raised in a Star Wars household.

I can’t say I’m not obsessed-- my kitten’s name is Kylo Ren :smile:
And I’m also super obsessed with Phasma.

1 Like

Hello everyone I’m Erika Furudo :laughing:

I was brought here by @tanasinn and 07th Expansion is what made me start my Visual Novel spree, but before that I was introduced to this lovely circle by the Higurashi anime in 2007 and once Kai aired it instantly became one of my favorites. It wasn’t until years later that I would finish the Visual Novel alongside with finishing Umineko.

After the Higurashi Kai anime ended I started reading Umineko curious with Ryukishi’s other works and oh man was I hooked from the start. Reading Umineko as my first Visual Novel in 2008 was so life-blowing for me it made me start reading novels again. Though Higurashi still holds a special place in my heart.

I can’t wait to read Iwaihime/Hotarubi whenever they do come out. I loved reading Higanbana, Rose Guns Days, and Rewrite.

Last July I went to Anime Expo with @Bofu and fangirled so hard when I saw Ryukishi. I was so happy when I gave him a drawing of Beato and he commented that he was going to show it to the staff. He even answered two of my questions at the panel, one in which I was hesitant in asking but did it anyway because YOLO.

My other interests include POKEMON, Steins;Gate, TYPE-MOON, KEY, Infinity Series (Never7/Ever17/Remember11+I/O), Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Sword Art Online.

Ever17 was my first interactive VN. I really can’t wait for Root Double to come out sometime this month since that’s by one of the creators of the Infinity Series. I even asked Takumi Nakazawa who his favorite character in Umineko was and he replied that it was Beatrice.

It’s nice to meet you all! :smile_cat:

12 Likes

I was introduced to Umineko by being hooked on the VN. From there I became pretty obsessed, especially with Ougon Musou Kyoku. I was upset that so few seemed to care about the fighter, since it looked gorgeous and was a lot of fun. (Not to mention the plot.)

Since no one seemed interested in doing a translation, I opted to do it myself.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&action=images&id=2057&imageid=3

Looking forward to Umineko’s official release, and maybe one of Ougon too. :wink:

8 Likes

Hi there!

@cj_iwakura Oh nice, you were responsible for OMK’s translation? Very glad to have you join us! Looks like we’ve already gotten quite a few of the translators among our ranks already!

And welcome also to @Aulin, @Beatrice and @epika! Our numbers are growing quite quickly! Be sure to check out our Discord chat too!

1 Like

Hey there! My name’s Mr. Dent, I’m an 18 year old kid from North America, and I was first introduced to 07th Expansion through a piece of Umineko fanart. One summer, I decided I was going to get into Visual Novels, and I saw fanart by hanokage, who drew the Madoka Magica manga, and after reading through some brief synopsis and stuff about Umineko, I thought “Wow, this looks just like Ace Attorney, but with magic!”

…I was told that it was actually a sequel to another Visual Novel, Higurashi, and as soon as I hopped into MangaGamer’s original TL, I found that my impressions were totally and completely off-base! Haha, but it was probably for the best that way. I fell in love with the characters, the universe, and, my god, the wonderful atmosphere and immersive environments. Fantastic stuff, really!

My favorite 07th Expansion game is Umineko, but I have played Higurashi, Higanbana, and Rose Guns Days. I found Rokkenjima from Tumblr, actually, a friend of mine reblogged a post about it and I hopped right in. (My Tumblr’s here, if you wanna follow me.)

Anyway, my other interests include: Zero Escape, Satomi Tadashi’s Persona, and Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. Currently, I’m been trying to develop my own Visual Novel! It’s coming along… Rather Slowly. Anyway, I came here… Because I love 07th Expansion, and I want to meet more friends who do!

8 Likes