Introduce Yourself!

Hello everybody! I’m MagusVerborum (or just Magus) from Australia, I’m 21.

I’d watched the Higurashi anime back in 2013 and loved it, but it took me a while to jump on Umineko (which consumed most of the last month of my life) I’m currently digesting it and thought this site looked like a cool place to chat about it.

I found the site through the Youtube video you guys posted about a week ago, I was looking at doing Youtube-content with a friend of mine involving Umineko (he’s never played it before and I’m super excited to be his gamemaster through it :stuck_out_tongue: ) and wanted to see who else was Youtubing Umineko related stuff. And now here i am!

Right now I’m mostly into TTRPGs, I’m running a game of Blades in the Dark and 90& of the characters are based off of the characters in Umineko. Where my fellow nerds at?

Something interesting? @Five real talk Goat-Kun is amazing. Best goat hands down. <3 Also my username is a latin translation for ‘Magician of Words’ I liked the name and I’ve never really felt the need to change it.

5 Likes

Which state? :sneaky:

New South Wales. Is this where it turns out I’ve actually known you all my life? Are you Andrew from down the road?

Dohh. I’m Victoria, but @Rabla is also from NSW.

Welcome to the community, glad you could find us! Which Youtube video were you referring to? At the moment we’re in the middle of discussing Higurashi Meakashi as a community for our Tea Party, so if you want to hop on board the discussions we’d love to have you!

I’d love to hear more about your Umineko-themed campaign. We have a few tabletop geeks around here, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in!

Also you should definitely get yourself an avatar so we can identify you easier :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome! I’m looking forward to getting to know the rest of you guys. The video was ‘What is the Rokkenjima Tea Party?’ I haven’t gotten around to listening to all the teaparty podcasts yet, it’s crunch time for the semester. As soon as all my assignments are over I’ll jump on them!

I’m looking for a proper avatar now, figure it’s gotta be Keiichi-themed (cackle cackle). As soon as I’ve done that I’ll gravitate towards the tabletop people.

Also @Rabla waves

@MagusVerborum Feverisly waves from the other side of the planet

Glad you found us through the youtube videos! It’s a shame you haven’t gotten around to the actual teaparty podcasts themselves though, as they are quite a treat! As Aspi said, our current tea party is Meakashi. You can hop in and follow along in just a few minutes (it’s much faster than listening the two hour podcasts!) and maybe win some prizes along the way!

I’m glad you’re loving Umineko! After all, without your love, it may not be seen! We have lots and lots of places to talk about all the crazy things that happen in the golden land. They are separated per episode, and there are spoiler free sections and full spoiler sections.

I can guarantee that Rokkenjima is full of nerds. You’re gonna fit in just fine~

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @Sapphire.
I’m looking forward to get into discussions with everyone here too.

@MagusVerborum yeah man no joke, Goat-kun is the best.

2 Likes

Even though we can only reply to each other every twelve hours (unless one of us stays up far too late) thank you for the warm welcome!

I’ve been meaning to read the updated Steam translation for Higurashi for a while now so I’ll do that and jump on the podcasts asap, I always enjoy a good theory discussion and it’s really inspiring to see that new people are finding Ryukishi’s work. I intend to help as many people to see it as possible.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Ive been on here for a little bit, but forgot to properly introduce myself.
I’m SmileyPers0n, I live in Ohio (hi other Ohio peeps). I first got into 07th expansion because of a friend who introduced me to Umineko then Higurashi. They then sent me the first arc of Higurashi over steam, and I loved it. I’ve read all the Higurashi arcs that are on steam, and the Umineko Question arcs, and I’m somewhere in the Higanbana First Night visual novel.
I found Rokkenjima through the same friend who recommended Higurashi to me.
Besides 07th expansion stuff, I love listening to video game music, and audiobooks (not at the same time) while crocheting. I also really like playing video games, though I’m not good at them.

8 Likes

Waves arms to make an O-H-I-O

I live in the buckeye land too!!! And you crochet? I thought I was the only one who crocheted! I get excited when I find out other people live in the same state. Since you’ve been here for a bit you probably know all about the tea party that’s currently going on (if you participate in it, you can win fun things!) If you are an artist, we’d love it if you shared your art with us! The art might even appear in our podcasts (which you can participate in) You can also express your love for Higurashi, Umineko and Higanbana! We love all kinds of discussion here! Of course, there’s plenty to do outside of talking about 07th Expansion, like talking about hobbies, pizza, music, video games, books, writing, cooking, even sleeping!

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima fellow Ohio peep. It’s nice to find out there are other interesting people living in this state. I wouldn’t mind meeting a few of you if the time and opportunity ever comes up, depending on distance. I see you’ve been here for a while so I’m sure I don’t need to give you a warm introduction, but thank for being here regardless, I know some of us appreciate it.

2 Likes

I crochet all the time, my Big Project I’m working on now is a blanket thats almost bigger than me, and I still have lots of yarn I wanted to add to it. I like to start crocheting during class or in longish car rides because it gives me something to do. Do you like to crochet one type of thing over another?

2 Likes

Maybe if some of us are going to Matsuricon in August we’ll see each other? (Im going as Maria)

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it literally till now, but I’m not one for going to events. It’s possible that I might be able to go depending on whether it’s something I can make or not.

1 Like

I make just about anything, but I usually stick to scarves and small blankets! When I’m making giant blankets I prefer to knit as it’s generally faster. One of these days I’m going to teach myself how to quilt so I can make giant quilts for myself. There’s nothing quite like being wrapped up in a warm quilt with a good book!

1 Like

Hello everyone ! I’m Pennoz, I’m 16 years old and I live in France.

I have read Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana and the first season of Rose Guns Days. I’ve started to read the 07thExpansion works with Higurashi, and since i’m really passionate about the works of R07, i cannot decide who between Higurashi and Umineko I love the most. :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh, and my favorite characters are : Beato, Battler, Rena and Bern. ( Rosa i love you too… )

I found Rokkenjima with onto one of the tea party podcast on YouTube.

My interest outside R07 are… Anime, Manga, Novels, Visual Novels and Video Games. Yes, it’s really original. I have a myanime list for anyone who is interested : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Pennoz13

Something interesting about myself… uh, i’m a huge fan of Magikarp, and more generally, of fish.

I also apologize for my English, I have not problem for reading English, but i don’t know how doing sentences without mistakes. Sorry i’m doing my best and I really try to improve myself.
Thanks !

8 Likes

Even the tiniest Magikarp will eventually evolve into a mighty Gyarados! We have a whole topic deticated to Pokémon! We also places where you can share the things you love, like sharing your VNDB list, your MyAnimeList, your music, your fanart, your favorite video games, even your favorite book!

You mentioned coming here from one of our tea party podcasts? Our current tea party is Meakashi! Participation in the tea parties can win you prizes. You can also participate by joining the podcast! Of course, there are other ways to involve yourself on Rokkenjima! You can talk about Higurashi in either the spoiler or spoiler free sections for each arc. The same goes for Umineko, there are spoiler and spoiler free sections per episode! If you are interested we also have a place to discuss Higanbana and Rose Guns Days! And to top it all off, there are are places where you can talk about your favorite characters, like Beato, Battler, Rena and Bern! (Sadly, no Rosa!)

Welcome to Rokkenjima! Things can get a bit fishy here, but that’s just due to the fishy aroma :cackle:

3 Likes

@Pennoz However, once you’ve been here long enough (like, about a week) and have used the forum in that time, you’ll most likely have witch rank and then you can make a topic for discussing Rosa specifically yourself.

2 Likes

More than a Gyarados, I hope that one day, I will become a magikarp who is stronger than the mightiest of the Gyarados… after all magikarp shiny has the golden color mixed with him. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, thanks for this beautiful welcome ! I’m More a reader than Someone who participates actively at the conversation, However if the opportunity presents to me, I would not hesitate to speak with you-all haha.

3 Likes

Where in the world do you live?
California, USA

What 07th Expansion series’ have you read/watched? Which was your first, and which is your favourite?
So far, I’ve read Umineko episodes 1-6 and a little bit of 7. Currently rereading from the start, and once I finish that, I’ll get started on Higurashi.

How did you find Rokkenjima?
Was looking at Umineko stuff online and just happened across this site.

What are some of your interests outside of 07th Expansion?
Big fan of Shonen manga, visual novels, and mystery stories of any kind. I’m also really into computer programming; I’m about to graduate HS and head off to college as a CS major.

BONUS OPTIONAL QUESTION:
Tell us something interesting about yourself, something about our website that interested you, or something funny.

I never learned how to read analog clocks.

6 Likes