Introduce Yourself!

How’s it going everyone? I’m Twizzlers-Sama. I come from the USA and am studying to be an English Major. As of writing this i’ve only read Umineko. I’ve seen a bit of Higurashi but not enough to have a solid opinion on it yet. Umineko is probably one of my all time favorite things out there. It just incorporates everything I love about fiction into this stir pot of ideas/philosophies/etc. that just come together to create something that has affected me unlike anything i’ve ever read. I found Rokkenjima just by searching around online whilst looking for a place to chat with people about Umineko/VNs in general.

Outside of Umineko I enjoy Japanese media just in general. I love reading/watching it and just love having people around to discuss it with. My favorite VN besids Umineko would have to be Muv Luv.

So with that said, I eagerly await being able to discuss with all of you about this awesome franchise! :smiley:

10 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
If you wanna talk about Umineko, we have threads for each arc both in “spoiler” and “nonspoiler” form. We also have a discord server with lots of wonderful people on it, but you have to reach Witch ranking here first in order to gain access.
We also have some gameboards on here if you wanna partcipate in one! Everyone always keeps it interesting.
I hope you enjoy your stay here!

2 Likes

Hello all,
Finally got round to making an account on this impressive site :slight_smile: First got into 07th Expansion years ago, starting with Higurashi of course (anime). After playing the visual novel I was pleasantly surprised by how much it expanded on the anime’s universe, but only played up to Meakashi-hen on iOS. Intending on playing through the whole series when the rest are released on Steam.
Looking forward to what this site has to offer!

11 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I hope you’ll share your thoughts and theories with us! We have threads for each arc where you can post ideas and such. Maybe when we have future tea parties/podcasts for Higurashi, you’ll think about applying for them? New voices are always appreciated, no matter how they are heard.
Of course, we also have a discord if you want to more casually talk to others on here. You’ll have to attain Witch ranking on here first, but thats not difficult to do. We also have gameboards on here if you want to participate or speculate!
I hope you enjoy your stay~

4 Likes

Hi! I’ve been lurking for a bit and decided to introduce myself! I live in America. I’ve watched the Higurashi and Umineko anime (Higurashi first), and have read the first three visual novels of both. I’m currently reading Umineko in particular right now and am really into it. I might go back and read Higurashi some more some day though. I first got into the series in 2009 and 2010, but only got back to Umineko with the English release. I read the first couple Umineko visual novels on online playthroughs, but when they were removed I just kind of stopped. I was only 16 at the time and I couldn’t see my parents letting me get Umineko when it didn’t have a true English release. Since Higurashi got an English release on ios around the same time though, I got into that. I got back into Umineko with the official English release and really love it.

I found out about Rokkenjima from when I read somewhere that there was a spoiler free Umineko podcast. I kept that in the back of my mind, and wanted to see if I could find it just by looking up “Umineko spoiler-free.” And that led me here. Since I’ve been so into Umineko lately, I really wanted to read more about it, but have been terrified to look up stuff about it. A mystery series seems like the worst thing to get spoiled, so I’m really grateful to have found a place I can go without worrying about spoilers. I need to get out all my excited energy, so this will be perfect. I haven’t been into forums for a long time, so I might not post too much. But I’ll definitely browse the forums a lot and might at least give some thoughts on Umineko after I finish each chapter.

I like video games, anime, animation in general, and I enjoy to write a lot.

Edit: Oh frick, the site’s closure was announced after as I make my first posts basically. As long as the forum archives are still available, I’ll still be happy to enjoy the thoughts after that. And I’ll still look forward to having an enjoyable time in the last bit of time that the site is open!

10 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Even though the site is closing, I’ll still welcome you here officially!
I hope you’ll have fun browsing through the threads! There’s definitely alot to read, and it should keep you entertained while going through them. Maybe you’ll add a bit to some? Maybe you won’t?
Which ever one happens, I hope you’ll find enjoyment here on our forum!

10 Likes

Props to you welcoming me and everyone else to the server on everyone’s behalf and making us feel right at home of the past few months :heart: @smileypers0n

11 Likes

Yea, huge shout out to @smileypers0n for holding down the fort here in the Introduction thread. Your efforts are thoroughly appreciated :ryukishi:

8 Likes

Hello, I’m new. Big Higurashi / Umineko fan here. I haven’t quite finished chiru yet but Higurashi was 10/10

6 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Unfortunately this site is closing soon, but you are more than welcome to join us until then!
As a fan of Higurashi and Umineko, maybe you’ll talk about them in the threads we have for each arc? Theres always lots to talk about and lots to read if you’re ever bored. And, might I recommend you try reading Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni once you’ve finished Chiru? People who like Higurashi and Umineko tend to like it as well.
I hope you enjoy your stay here!

3 Likes

Of course I will read Higanbana. Probably much later though. Thank you for the warm welcome!

3 Likes

Hey I’m uni. Even the site’s going to close soon. I will look forward to meeting new people. english’s not my first language. I first got into the Umineko in 2015. It took a bit of will power to read Umineko for me. But it’s enjoyable ride so far. I really want to read and discuss a lot of about Umineko.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community uni, I hope you enjoy your time here in the remaining weeks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello! I just found the forum by accident, but it was a happy one if you don’t count in the fact that the forum is closing. Anyway. I was introduced to Umineko in 2013. It was a translated project after which I later found the anime, and fell even deeper into the rabbit hole that is Umineko and 07th Expansion. I know it can be said that the anime is bad, but it was something that I really enjoyed watching -seeing Beato move and gaggle around.

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I hope you’ll enjoy yourself on here and do all you wish to. We have discussions for a ton of things, don’t be afraid to add to them if you want! We’ve also got a discord server if thats your kind of thing, but you first need Witch ranking (which isnt difficult to get).
I hope you enjoy the month left here!

2 Likes

Hello i know that the forum is going to close but i just made this account to say thanks for reviving the community! i never registered because i didn’t have time to do it but i always watched the discussions, now that im in holidays i can contribute in the forum i guess.
About me , im a big fan of Umineko since the end of 2010, i like RGD, Higanbana and Higurashi too. (I don’t know what more i should say).

6 Likes

Welcome aboard! Glad you’ve enjoyed reading things over the life of the forum, hope you have fun participating in our farewell activities and other discussions :ryukishi:

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I’m glad you’ve been enjoying the forum! If you havent, maybe you’ll consider joining the new discord server?
I hope you’ll enjoy the remaining month here!

3 Likes

Thanks,yes sounds cool i want to join!, Cuyi#5152

4 Likes

The new server details are here, or if you get the witch rank in time (which is still completely possible), hit the discord icon on the top right of the website to join the original server.

3 Likes