Our First Gameboard: "The Author's Banquet"

I write down a few details in my notebook again before looking back at @tanasinn.

"The beach was pretty much barren, nothing of interest in sight except a view of the mansion and that tree. "

After hearing @EisenKoubu whisper in my ear I slightly jump up in my seat before turning around to stare for a moment, before rolling my eyes.

“Ahem… Yes, let us be friends… And please try not to frighten me, that’d be nice.”

1 Like

“I hear you’re looking for a partner…I’d be willing to help, and on no condition save that I take as much random junk as I want to everywhere you go. What do you say?” :wink:

3 Likes

“I think I can accept those conditions… As long as my belongings aren’t in that category, then I accept.”

2 Likes

(Pepe and I are a team)

1 Like

「No tables specifically, but there were chairs and a fireplace seemingly ready for use.」

Oh yes! My apologies, I thought it was made apparent in the posts we made haha.

So uhhh…
Members:
Pepe
Funyarinpa

I should probably do so, too, with consent from @StarTurner.

Our team name will be Little Busters Loli Witch Hunters! :smile:
Members:
StarTurner
EisenKoubu

3 Likes

Alright, discussions seem to have stopped. (If you’re awaiting a response from me please let me know and I’ll send it along. If I haven’t responded it’s a mistake on my part.)

Let’s get back to the investigation!

Chapter 1-2 Investigation

The discussion has concluded, and we will now be investigating until lunch, which should be ready at about 12:00.

Available NPCs

• Battler
  • Shannon
  • Rosa
  • Maria
  • Kanon
  • Sabakichi

Available Rooms/Areas

First Floor

• Breakfast Room / Kitchen
  • Dining Room
  • Kitchen for Dining Room
  • Pantry
  • Foyer
  • Basement (technically below the first floor)

Second Floor

• Guest Rooms (Give the name of the NPC or player who’s room you wish to visit)
  • Hachijo’s Office
  • Hachijo’s Bedroom
  • Attic (technically above the second floor)

Outside

• Tree where Hachijo’s body should be. (Barely visible from Breakfast Room.) It’s to the west.
  • Forest to the north, east, or west. (Spend one extra investigation point to go inside the forest.)
    • There’s an unusually dense cluster of trees in front of the forest to the east.
  • Grass patch to the southwest, where Battler and Maria left to go play at yesterday.
  • Garden to the north.
  • Beach to the south, or the dock at the southeast.

I’ll make another post just after this one for the player statuses.

4 Likes

Chapter 1-2 Investigation Status

This investigation will conclude on 2016-04-28 at 00:00 PST (UTC-8). Extra time might be given if there are significant scheduling issues between players. It will conclude earlier if all players have exhausted their investigation points for this round.

Team: FunPapa

• @Funyarinpa: 2/3 investigation points used.
    • 09 - ???
  • @Pepe: 2/3 investigation points used.
    • 07 - Spoke with Kanon.
    • 10 - Investigated Hachijo’s bedroom.

Team: Loli Witch Hunters

• @StarTurner: 1/3 investigation points used.
    • 13 - Spoke with Shannon.
  • @EisenKoubu: 3/3 investigation points used.
    • 01 - Investigated garden.
    • 15 - ???

Solo Players

• @Bowiie: 2/3 investigation points used.
    • 07 - Investigated grass patch (southwest).
    • 12 - Spoke with Battler.
  • @HeliosAlpha: 3/3 investigation points used. [done]
    • 03 - Investigated pantry.
    • 04 - Investigated northern forest. (2 points.)
  • @Karifean: 2/3 investigation points used. [done]
    • 14 - ???
    • Concluded his investigation.
  • @ctom42: 2/3 investigation points used.
    • 11 - Investigated northern forest. (2 points.)
  • @RedEspeon: 1/3 investigation points used.
    • 02 - Investigated garden, with EisenKoubu.
  • @tanasinn: 2/3 investigation points used.
    • 05 - ???
  • @ghagler: 3/3 investigation points used. [done]
    • 08 - ???
  • @Aulin: 1/3 investigation points used.
    • 06 - Investigated basement.
4 Likes

“Hmm…hopefully it’s not too hot outside.” I go outside and publicly investigate the garden.

2 Likes

I also go to the garden to investigate.

1 Like

I’ll investigate the pantry, and queue up an investigation for the northern forest as well.

1 Like

I go to investigate the basement

1 Like

I approve of this team name, since I couldn’t be bothered to think of one myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to talk to Kanon for my first investigation point.

“Thank you very much for your hard work, Kanon. The garden is quite beautiful and I wager you are responsible for that. Might I ask, did you speak with Hachijo recently? Was there anything off about her that you may have noticed?”

2 Likes

I’ll gather up my gear and go check out the grass patch.

1 Like

Glad you’re okay with the team name! Figured a name combination would have to work for now~ ^_^

No.

Well, alright. If you insist.

【Kanon】
「Hachijo?」

Shannon gives Kanon a reprimanding sort of look.

「Hachijo-sama?」

Shannon smiles. Kanon seems to be a bit bothered.

「No, I haven’t spoken with her recently.」

【Shannon】
「Hachijo-sama would encourage Kanon-kun to speak up more often. She was generally amicable with him, but…」

Shannon looks toward Kanon, but he seems uncomfortable.

「Kanon-kun is a bit shy around others.」

【Kanon】
「Hachijo-sama and I are… were on good terms. I prefer to be alone.」

【Sabakichi】
「That’s not good for you! Well, it’s just my opinion but I think it would be better to speak with others more. How else will they get to know? Never know how long someone’s gonna be around for, right?」

【Kanon】
「…」

It seems nobody broke the news to Sabakichi. Battler whispers something to him.

【Sabakichi】
「… Eh?」

He seems to have realized something.

「Sorry about that…」

2 Likes

I wish to investigate the exterior of the mansion itself if that is possible. Looking for signs of forced entry, footprints under windows, whether doors/windows have been in use recently, stuff like that. Anything that might indicate suspicious activity, or how Hachijou ended up in that tree.

1 Like

There are no such signs. (This did not cost an investigation point, since it’s more of a clarification.)

I can’t really think of anything else meaningful that I can do for the moment, so I’ll go and investigate Hachijo’s Bedroom

Also, I’m just wondering but… During the discussion intervals, it seems we are free to talk to players or NPCs at will. That being the case, it seems to me as if there is no sense in talking to them during the investigations? Because these would cost an investigation point, whereas the discussion period doesn’t charge you.

Of course, I’d imagine talking to them in private might yield more results, but that’d cost even more investigation points…

1 Like

Well, I’ll resist commenting on strategies specifically, but there is benefit in speaking with them during the investigation. Especially if players manage to trigger events that cause NPCs to move about the board. It’s possible that even speaking to a NPC during an investigation could trigger an event. Discreetly speaking with NPCs can be beneficial as well. In particular, building relationships with NPCs might bring about some unexpectedly good results or hints.

When you speak alone with a NPC, it’s possible that they can be more (or less) comfortable than if you spoke with them out in the open, or even during a discussion. During the discussion it’s possible that the NPC will feel more tense. Speaking to a NPC in private may ease some of that tension or increase it, depending on their character. If you can build trust between you and that NPC then that NPC may help you in unexpected ways later on.

On the other hand, trying to speak into a NPC in private may make that NPC, or other NPCs, suspicious of you. They might even feel threatened, depending on whichever set of events preceded that.

There could be adverse effects in never speaking with a NPC or another player either. If a player never speaks with any NPCs or other players in public, perhaps some NPCs will become suspicious of that player. “That person is antisocial… They’ve been suspicious since they got here!”

There’s benefit to not talking to NPCs until discussion either, of course. Primarily in the usage of investigation points.

I’m being a bit vague about the exact mechanics of NPCs, sorry. ^_^

6 Likes