Our First Gameboard: "The Author's Banquet"

Clarification on Teams

We (@Aspirety and myself) were discussing this earlier, so now I’d like to clarify a few things about teams for this gameboard.

• Teams can only be formed during the after-investigation discussions. (There is one discussion that comes per-investigation, after that investigation has completed.) During that time, players can discuss whether they’ll join a team or not.
  • Once a team is formed, you cannot break your alliance.
  • Forming a team should probably be done in-character so that it remains consistent with the nature of the gameboard.

At this point in time, I think I’ve addressed everybody’s investigation moves so far. If you haven’t received a PM from me addressing your post, please let me know!

Further, the following players are now out of investigation points:

(Listed in ascending chronological order of point exhaustion.)

3 Likes

I investigate my own guest room first before going anywhere.

1 Like

2 points to go into the dense forest to the east.

1 Like

I investigate Hachijou’s Bedroom

1 Like

After leaving my room, I search for and speak to Maria publicly.

“Hey, are you doing alright? Isn’t all this a bit scary?”

4 Likes

I’d like to investigate Hachijou’s office too.

1 Like

A player moved: @ghagler has also joined Hachijo’s office!

A-aaand another one! Man, this room is getting crowded! ^^;;

Clarification On Personal Belongings

Guests are allowed to define their own personal belongings if they so desire. Please PM me if you want to do so. I meant to note that, sorry if this has caused any problems for your investigation.

@EisenKoubu
Unfortunately, Maria isn’t in the list of available NPCs.

You did… trigger something though. You’ll receive another PM shortly.

To everybody wondering when I’ll respond to your moves: Soon! Lots of stuff happens through PMs, so it can be a while to appropriately craft responses.

I’ll make another post once I’ve caught up with everyone’s moves!

4 Likes

I’d like to investigate the Grass patch to the southwest.

1 Like

Rosa has left the breakfast room and began walking upstairs.

Rosa has returned, with Maria!

Maria is now an available NPC to speak with.

EDIT: At this point, I believe I’ve responded to everybody’s movements so far. If you’re still awaiting a response from me, let me know!

2 Likes

I publicly investigate Karifean’s room.

2 Likes

@StarTurner investigated the forest to the west, straight from his investigation of the grass patch to the southwest.

With my last investigation point, I publicly investigate the attic.

1 Like

I decide to investigate Hachijo’s room.

1 Like

I go to Battler’s room to investigate it

1 Like

I would also like to investigate the attic.

2 Likes

Alright everybody! This investigation is taking quite a while, so I’ll be ending it within 24 hours. (2016-04-16 at 00:00 PST (UTC-8).) Though I may end it earlier if everybody is alright with that.

I will also set hard time limits on the other investigations, as I’d like to keep this from dragging out too long. :)

At the moment, I still have to respond to a PM or two, and update the log post.

Sorry to everybody who has been waiting patiently, but hopefully this approach will speed things along moving forward.

4 Likes

@ghagler is checking the foyer.

1 Like

This first round of investigations is closed now, so let’s begin the discussion! @Bowiie, @HeliosAlpha, @Karifean, @ctom42, @RedEspeon, @tanasinn, @ghagler, @EisenKoubu, @StarTurner, @Aulin, @Funyarinpa, and @Pepe, welcome back!

Discussions will close in two days. (2016-04-18 00:00 PST (UTC-8).)

Chapter 1-1 Discussions

Shannon has set out breakfast for each of the guests who are likely quite hungry. There’s room for everybody at the table.

Once everyone has completed their breakfast (Maria looked especially pleased with hers), Battler decides to open the discussion.

【Battler】「So… has anybody found anything?」

2 Likes

「Afraid not, Battler-kun. Last night, after calming down of course, I wondered how Hachijou-sensei could’ve gotten into that tree, so that’s what I looked at. However, I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for it. Sensei would either have needed to climb it or make a rather impressive leap out of the office window.」
「The forest to the east didn’t yield much either. There’s a gazebo, and it looked like Sensei might have planned something like a surprise barbecue.」
「Do you know anything about that Sa-chan?」(Addressing Shannon)

Can someone who investigated the tree tell us if there was anything of interest in the tree? Blood marks, anything weird about the branches or leaves?