Our First Gameboard: "The Author's Banquet"

I decide to investigate Hachijo’s room.

1 Like

I go to Battler’s room to investigate it

1 Like

I would also like to investigate the attic.

2 Likes

Alright everybody! This investigation is taking quite a while, so I’ll be ending it within 24 hours. (2016-04-16 at 00:00 PST (UTC-8).) Though I may end it earlier if everybody is alright with that.

I will also set hard time limits on the other investigations, as I’d like to keep this from dragging out too long. :)

At the moment, I still have to respond to a PM or two, and update the log post.

Sorry to everybody who has been waiting patiently, but hopefully this approach will speed things along moving forward.

4 Likes

@ghagler is checking the foyer.

1 Like

This first round of investigations is closed now, so let’s begin the discussion! @Bowiie, @HeliosAlpha, @Karifean, @ctom42, @RedEspeon, @tanasinn, @ghagler, @EisenKoubu, @StarTurner, @Aulin, @Funyarinpa, and @Pepe, welcome back!

Discussions will close in two days. (2016-04-18 00:00 PST (UTC-8).)

Chapter 1-1 Discussions

Shannon has set out breakfast for each of the guests who are likely quite hungry. There’s room for everybody at the table.

Once everyone has completed their breakfast (Maria looked especially pleased with hers), Battler decides to open the discussion.

【Battler】「So… has anybody found anything?」

2 Likes

「Afraid not, Battler-kun. Last night, after calming down of course, I wondered how Hachijou-sensei could’ve gotten into that tree, so that’s what I looked at. However, I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for it. Sensei would either have needed to climb it or make a rather impressive leap out of the office window.」
「The forest to the east didn’t yield much either. There’s a gazebo, and it looked like Sensei might have planned something like a surprise barbecue.」
「Do you know anything about that Sa-chan?」(Addressing Shannon)

Can someone who investigated the tree tell us if there was anything of interest in the tree? Blood marks, anything weird about the branches or leaves?

After a short absence, Pepe returns to the dining room to await the other visitors, lighting his pipe to relax a bit

"sigh What a world we live in, where a meager celebration would turn into a murder. Old as I am, my bones no longer seem up to the task of walking around this vast mantion, finding clues as a detective would.

However, I would like to get into the heart of this incident. Who exactly was Hachijou, how did she live, who were her friends, and who were her enemies? With this in mind, I feel I would gladly appreciate the help of a trustworthy ally, one that would help discover the face of this crime, while I search deep into the heart.

Hachijou was a good woman, and near and dear to my son Battler. Seeing him as he is after her death is just too much for a father to bear, and I resolve to find out who is responsible for this. THIS I SWEAR ON MY DEATHBED!",

Pepe declares as he strikes his cane on the hardwood floor with gusto.

tl;dr I am willing to form an alliance, preferable with one of the characters that have been close to either Battler or Maria in the past. One that would be willing to figure out what happened, while I try to figure out why it happened. Naturally, with these two pieces, I believe the who of the matter will show itself in due time. Naturally, being Battler’s father and Maria’s honorary grandpapa, I wouldn’t be too inclined to people who are quick to suspect them of murder.

(copypasted from the post when I jumped the gun :x)

2 Likes

I am willing to make an alliance. I will find out the murderer for the sake of Battler, and for Hachijo-sama herself.

Perhaps, this is Hachijo-sama’s final challenge to her readers.

“Ah yes, Funyarinpa! It’s been a while since you last paid Battler a visit, hasn’t it? But, as his friend, I’m sure you care for him and his sentiments towards Hachijou as much as I do. Consider your offer accepted.”

“Now then, it has come to my attention that a certain @Bowiie had paid our dear Hachijo a visit late yesterday afternoon. Would you, pray tell, let us know what it is you had discussed with her? Considering the timing of your discussion, you may have been the second-to-the-last person to hear her speak. Of course, under the assumption that you are innocent.”

I’m allowed to freely talk with players now, aren’t I? Pressure’s on you, bowiie boy :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

「I did not find anything really special at all, just somepapers in her office, and some e-mails, it’d be good if some of you told us about what you found on the crime scene, perhaps some marks about how was Hachijo’s corpse moved? 」

I remain silent, letting my dry smirk and fixed gaze on Maria speak for itself. :smirk:

8 Likes

“Yes, a truly unfortunate event @Pepe. I do wonder how some one could have come to do this to such a treasure as Hachijo sensei… I investigated the tree and found that there were blood marks on the leaves and branches from where she was laying in the tree. The blood marks seem as if they were made from after she was killed. What I mean is, they were not blood splatter marks as if she was shot in the tree.”
“It seems that there was also blood on the trunk of the tree, as if her body was dragged out of it. It seems rather peculiar someone could have gotten her in and out of that tree… It looks as if it’s easy to climb, but it would have been difficult with all that rain last night…”
“I believe I have an idea of how they might have gotten the body out of the tree though, but I need to check if the tool is here or not. I was about to check the shed in the garden before we were all called for breakfast.”

“Likely the only thing of interest I’ve seen was in the foyer. Has anyone seen a lady in black with gold hair? Could’ve sworn I saw her pass me by, though I didn’t get a clear look or a chance to catch up with her.”

1 Like

" I never saw anyone like that…"

"I didn’t see anyone like that.

Battler, did you find anything interesting in Hachijo-san’s office?"

Still trying to calm down and purge the severe agitation I came to this room with from my mind.

As I look around, I take a mental note of @EisenKoubu’s expression.

But before anything else, I decide to bring up a point that’s been bothering me for a while now.

“I am also curious regarding Hachijo’s last known whereabouts. @Bowiie and Battler, if I recall, the two of you spoke with her around 20 minutes before we all gathered for dinner? When did she leave the two of you, and Bowiie, when did your little talk with that woman begin?”

1 Like

I enter the room looking dejected. I walk over to a corner and watch every talk, not in the mood for food.

“Yes I was with Hachijo in her office. We were waxing on about old times, we were a couple of old friends Hachijo and I. Oh the trouble we could cause when we were yet younger to think now that all I have left of her are those few precious memories… But at any rate during our conversation Battler entered to inquire about speaking about work matters, which Hachjio put off due to other matters. At that time Battler, and myself left the office together. For myself that was the last I spoke with Hachijo, I can’t attest for Battler though. As for the investigation Hachijo’s room as undisturbed from what I could tell.”