Pact of the Abandoned Witch

While it makes little sense narratively, I’ve noticed that you never used the red to state that Kanon went directly to the guest house after leaving the dining room, which is also supported by the text, given that he glanced into the parlor even though the parlor is in the opposite direction.

I repeat my blue truth that in this timeframe after Kanon left the Dining Room and before he left the mansion, he killed Rudolf. He then hid the corpse somewhere and constructed the closed room the next morning.

I direct you to this exchange:

Ah, damn it, sorry… too tired this early in the morning. I guess I’ll come back when I’ve refreshed my reserves…

One last question… does it count as being an accomplice when Rudolf had comitted suicide and someone just created the closed room to implicate Kyrie afterwards?

I don’t think so, personally. An accomplice is someone who willingly and knowingly assisted the culprit. They would only be an accomplice if they helped Rudolf kill himself, for example, if they provided him with a gun.

Well if they knew it was suicide and don’t say it they would still be covering for him in a sense.

Covering for what though? The initial definition of an accomplice states:

An ‘accomplice’ being defined as someone that willingly and knowingly helps with the execution of the culprit’s plans.

—but what if Rudolf had no plans at all? What if he simply killed himself? This other person is completely unrelated to Rudolf’s plans and merely took advantage of the situation, they didn’t actually assist Rudolf at all. How in the world can they be viewed as an accomplice? That would be really stretching the initial definition.

Since it got expanded with this I still feel like it would count. Only could work if they had no idea it was suicide but iunno if that isn’t a stretch.

They didn’t know about the suicide, sealed the room and were embarrassed about it so they hid? I don’t even know at this point.

I was thinking more along the lines of that the one who took advantage of Rudolf’s suicide is considered to be the culprit. Over the course of the day, Rudolf stole Genji’s key, took one of Kinzo’s guns and put the key back into Genji’s pocket. He then left his room at any given point between 11.00 and 12.00 and shot himself in the storage room. The next morning, after Genji unlocked the mansion and before Kyrie woke up, the culprit found Rudolf’s body and cooked up the plan to frame Kyrie. The culprit then stole and returned Genji’s key to return the gun and proceeded to create the closed room.

The culprit is a human being that kills though.

The culprit must be the one who kills. If Rudolf killed himself, he is the culprit. For simplicity sake, let’s say that if anyone had tampered with the scene to cover up the suicide becomes an accomplice. This game is a one-person show through and through, and I won’t have that changed over a little suicide.

Then you might want to add that to the first post. That only one person was responsible for this entire crime and that no other human beings played a factor.

I’d been under the impression “there’s only one culprit and no accomplices” implied as much…

Except you provided us with a specific definition of an accomplice thus giving us a reason to believe that a second person could be involved in a way that doesn’t contradict the provided definition. It’s only natural people will try to go around that. If you want people to stop doing that, give them a definitive red.

E.g. “No human beings other than the culprit played a role in the execution of the culprit’s plans.”

Use your red to make us believe that nobody but the culprit was responsible for the entire crime (the crime referring both to the murder and sealing of the room).

I mean, you assuming I was hiding under some loophole in the definition of accomplice is… well, kind of on you. I told you early on to take it at face value. I even clarified early on as explicitly as I could that covering up anything by any stretch would make one an accessory (assuming they weren’t the culprit).

I’ve not once not been upfront when it came to the basics. I’ve gone out of my way to make things as clear as possible. This is not a game about wordplay or loopholes or definitions. Where I’ve allowed leeway, I’ve done so mainly for my own amusement and see what you could come up with.

I’ve been as open as I can be and as clear as I can be. If after all that you still need the red to believe an ounce, then you will never reach the end. This is not a battle. I may mess with you, but I’m not cruel. My ultimate goal is for you to reach the end - sooner or later.

No offense, but this is the first time we’re playing your gameboard and we have no idea what kind of game master you are. We don’t know if you like to toy with people or not, or if you like to engage into worldplays or not. For all we know, anything you didn’t state in red could be you outright lying to us.

It seems like you’re expecting us to somehow know what your style is when we haven’t encountered any of your gameboards before (at least I haven’t). I hope this didn’t come across as rude, I’m just clarifying the situation.

The opening post and his responses paint a rather clear picture, in my opinion. Sure, it could be that he’s pretending this game is about a fair, orthodox-ish mystery when it is actually about dancing around reds, but that would just be annoying, considering how clear he has been about his intentions. I would think it’d be fairer to assume that he’s not just screwing around and give his game a chance in the way he means it to be played. If it turns out in the end that he was just wasting everyone’s time, that would be the time for complaints.

1 Like

(On phone, regarding the post above the one before this one)

So rather assume that it’s a dirty trick than fair play? Hrm. Suit yourself, then. This is no reason to get worked up, anyway.

One person and one person alone killed Rudolf. That same person created the locked room.

Okay, then let me try another variation of my earlier Godah culprit theory:

You said in red that Godah left immediately for the guest house, but assuming he shot Rudolf in the guest house, he still had 15 minutes to rush the corpse back into the main mansion before Genji locked it up!

So please clarify that Godah never returned before dawn!

After cleaning the dining room, Gohda left for the guesthouse and did not return to the mansion before dawn.