Pairings (Full HiguUmi Spoilers)

Looks like this somehow hasn’t been made yet! So, Rokkenjima, any 07th ships you’re particularly attached to or general thoughts?

For me, watching Higurashi ten years ago, I was ambivalent but have, upon reading the VN, become very attached to Keiichi/Mion/Rena. Watanagashi might be my favourite question arc for how it shows the development of Keiichi and Mion (albeit often played by Shion)'s relationship, there are some beautiful scenes in the manga adaptation. I’m also pretty fond of Jessica/Kanon.

7 Likes

Cruel Lesbian Witches are the best! Period!

7 Likes

Cruel Lesbian Witches ARE the best, though Beatrice/Battler is a goooood ship. Major spoilers: As is all forms of Batter/Sayo, so I guess I’d have to say I love Battler/Kanon and Battler/Shannon as well. I love Sayo a lot my guys. Erika/Dlanor is pretty fab as is Will/Lion and I’m pretty fond of Krauss/Natsuhi and Eva/Hideoyshi. And then my all-time favorite ship of Maria/happiness and decent parenting.

As for Higurashi, I like Keiichi/Mion. They’re pretty good for each other I think.

5 Likes

BernxLambda definitely is the best ship. This is known.

4 Likes

BeaBato, BeaBato, BeaBato…

Like everyone else, I too love the cruel lesbian witches. I also agree with @thesorceress, Krauss/Natsuhi and Eva/Hideyoshi are great.

It’s kind of a crack ship, but I saw some Takano/Ms. Chie fan art and now I really like that ship. (Although Takano/Tomitake is pretty good too!)

Alan/Meixue is beautiful, and Alan/Keith is pretty good too.

Gabriel/Butler is the worst ship. Makes me sick.

4 Likes

Going to have to say that my favorite ship in Higurashi is definitely Keiichi/Rena. I loved Mion but Rena and Keiichi are just right for each other, damnit.

Ever since Episode 3 of Umineko I’ve been a huge Beatrice/Battler fan. I just loved their interaction in that episode and the continuation of it in Episode 4. Aside from that, I gotta say that I’m sold on Rudolf and Kyrie. I know that it’s a little weird but I really think that they are fun to see interact as a couple.

2 Likes

Basically my stance is that all the canon pairings are really good and I like them (so there wouldn’t be any "die for my ship! shenanigans), and well, on top of that, Beatrice x Battler is nice, as well as Bern x Lambda.

For Higurashi, I’m honestly kinda ambivalent. Don’t yet have a preference for a partner for Keiichi.

1 Like

Cruel Lesbian Witches all the way. Though I do love all Umineko adult pairings, especially Krauss x Natsuhi, and I also like (Umineko Spoilers) Battler x Yasu.

In terms of Higurashi, I don’t really ship K1 with anyone. Tomitake x Takano is a really good couple though.

1 Like

BeaBato is the one true ship and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. :thinsmile:

AmaAnge is also good as is KeiRena

If I were to go outside WtC, Ozlice (Pandora Hearts) is great, and fuck Mochizuki for unironically insinuating that Ozcho is canon. Also I have a various number of Pokemon and Fire Emblem ships.

LambdaBern and EriDora(Dlerika?) every day of my life, I love them so much. Legit have Dlanor/Erika fanart as one of my playmats irl.

1 Like

I gotta say a lot of the ships I like have been mentioned here already so I’ll go ahead and just mention my favorite all time ship. Also I’m a multishipper so I ship a lot in fandoms.

Keiichi/Rika - after a certain point in the series, which I won’t go into due to spoilers, I just latched onto them and I’ve been shipping them ever since. If you’ve seen the merch thread, my collection is mostly of these two and I still plan on buying more. I love them so much I’m in the works of making a bag for them. I’ve also asked Ryukishi himself about them and that day is still one of the happiest days of my life.

2 Likes

I like K1/Rika as my number one although K1/Rena is a close second.

K1/Rika I find interesting because how both on the surface and under the surface fit each other well. Why that is is spoilers.

Looks up Anime Expo 2015 panel Woohoo!

3 Likes

I believe I’ve seen the video! Do you happen to have a tumblr? I follow a blog over there whose owner ships KeiRika.

2 Likes

I used to kind of ship Keiichi/Rena, but I was never enthusiastic about it. With Higurashi especially I never felt overly concerned with pairings - the series itself always felt more concerned with teasing Keiichi then if there was ever going to be or if there ever should be a romance plot.

With Umineko there are a lot of good pairings - but then romance is actually used in the story as a motive so it brings it to the forefront of the readers mind more. Battler x Beato is probably my fav pairing- though I love the twisted pairing of Lambda and Bern. And both pairings have good fan art which is a huge plus.

6 Likes

The only Higurashi ship I ever felt anything about was Takano/Tomitake and even that was kinda iffy.

1 Like

Well the obvious one, BeaBato.

I’m fond of all the adult couples in Umineko. Hideyoshi and Eva for being the most stable and mutually supportive of all the adults and Rudolf and Kyrie for sheer entertainment value since they’re both really bloody cool (yes I’m thinking of Episode 3).

Takano/Tomitake in Higurashi. I’m somewhat down with Keiichi/Mion too.

2 Likes

As somebody who loves primarily crack ships, my biggest Umineko ships are (tagging cause Chirus) Erika/Evatrice and Erika/Battler, along with Shannon/Jessica and Jessica/Kanon. The most popular ships in Umineko were long ruined for me due to people telling me I had to ship them. Uh, no, I don’t, homes. Also, a long time ago, I was on a WTC RP forum and Lambda/Erika was a thing I really kind of liked. And since I edited Battler/Kanon for a gift for somebody for Christmas, I’ve kinda fell into it. And Eva/Hideyoshi is really sweet. Probably the crackiest adult ship I like is Rosa/Natsuhi.

In Higurashi, Satoko/Rika is pretty much my OTP, followed by Natsumi/Toudou, Shion/Satoshi, and Rena/Mion. I do like Rena/Shion a lot and Keiichi/Mion, and also Rena/Hanyuu. KeiRika is pretty cute, too. I didn’t really see anything in Higanbana I shipped much.

I have a looong list of ships in other series I like, and I’m not called the Crossover Ship Queen for nothing. Ozlice in PH was so cute, even when Oz went into yanderu territory for Alice. In JoJo, Jonathan/Erina is literally so precious and they deserved better, I liked how Yukako cut down on her murderous urges enough to have a healthy relationship with Koichi, and Okuyasu and Josuke have that cute amount of “bro…” “bro…”.

6 Likes

Does anyone know where I can find some good BeaBato magacaps or transparent art? I’m in need of it. :sweating:

@Pandora There’s not many but here!

3 Likes

A quality ship that in my opinion deserves more attention: JessiSayo.

(Umineko spoilers up to and including EP 8) And I don’t mean like, Jessica being in love with Kanon and Kanon responding nicely, or Jessica realizing she likes Shannon and Shannon being all blushy about it. I mean Jessica accepting Sayo for Sayo, and the two of them having a stable, happy relationship. Jessica doesn’t seem to particularly care about gender or sex or even children, and she can be a pretty pushy person. I’d like to think that if things had been slightly different, there’d be at least one possible future where she keeps pestering Kanon about the “furniture” thing until she at least vaguely understands, and then they’re able to sort everything out and live happily ever after. It’ll only ever be a dream though, sadly.

Also I have a really odd fondness for Kyrie/Rosa and I hope I’m not alone here.

@WitchOfGames, I thought I was the only one who saw Rena/Shion as a ship! I feel so validated in this moment.

2 Likes