Rokkenjima Communal Mystery Visual Novel!

I hope I’m not too late to join as a writer!

I initially did want to join this project, but I dropped it due to other engagements that keep me busy until the first week of May.

However, looking at the way things are going, I think I can definitely contribute to this project.

Concerning the part where we try to weave the web of words to enmesh the meaning of the event, I think out of all things I can be useful in, that should be easiest to be useful in.

Of course, all this is meaningless without being accepted, so I hope you will accept me.

EDIT: I must admit though, that if the project really does start by the next week, then I can’t join. Sorry

Sounds good to me as well. Have my Yea.

You have my Yea!

We have a yea from almost everyone interested; as such, it seems we’re good to launch! I’ll see if I can set up a Discord and Google Drive space for us to get started; I’ll send out invites sometime this week.

In the meantime, programmers: start thinking about how to implement this. I don’t know much myself of how we’d reuse assets and the like, or the best way to go about this; better to get a good idea of our game plan early on. Programming can be a pain if we encounter annoying bugs late-game.

Sorry! Was busy this weekend. That’s a yea from me.

1 Like

Considering that there are four other programmers already on board, it seems unlikely you really need a fifth one. So, I suppose I’ll be enjoying this project as a reader when it is finished, instead of participating in creating it.

If people start dropping out or the programming team runs into other problems they feel they can’t properly handle on their own, you can always try asking me. I’m not that experienced a programmer and I might be busy, but I’ll help out if I can.

1 Like

I have the Google Drive and the Discord both set up; I’ll be messaging each of you the link to the Discord in the next hour or so. I’ll try to assign roles as you accept the invite. If you don’t use Discord, let me know; the initial plan is to use the channel to manage and discuss everything, but we can try to accommodate anyone who isn’t part of it.

As for what the initial plan is: I’m setting up some pages in the Google Drive concerning several elements (drawn from the Butcher live-journal series on writing I posted earlier) along with some discussion points in the Discord. That should give us a good start for discussing what we want to do with the project.

5 Likes

Oooh! This looks fun, if it isn’t too late to help out with writing and/or moral support, you have a reader in me!
I’m helping my friend out with a murder mystery musical set in Olive Garden currently. It’s pretty hilarious.

How’s the project coming along? I can contribute to writing and/or programming.

I an interested in art and possibly music. I’ve been drawing for years but have taken up music as sort of a pastime. I’m not super experienced with music, though.

As far as editing goes, I’m up for that.
If you need a beta-tester or grammar/spell check then I’m your guy! :push:

I’d be interested in art. Not sure if I’m good enough or available enough, but just putting it out there.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the project stalled and, in the end, has been shut down. Naturally, if anyone has a concept they’d like to present and get a team going, they’re free to do so.

Thanks for your support while the project lasted!