Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

I’ve got perhaps an interesting question for @pictoshark did you role PM included anything that gave you information about the color of other people?

In other words what I’m getting at there is wondering wether the use of green for humans is something thesorceress could’ve guessed at if she isn’t one, or essentially one but with a special whatever.

I can’t really speak for others who posted before thesorceress introduced herself but I guess I was holding back on the principle that it may just have been an unusual color enough that it wasn’t entirely impossible that a witch would introduce themselves in the far more typically used blue, and the fact that she was the first to introduce herself would kinda made me prone to view her as a human but that implies that no information about other teams’s colors are included in their PMs.

Otherwise it almost becomes the opposite and I would consider @thesorceress at the very least worth investigation if there’s any sort of detective out there.

The post showed up less than 5 seconds after I voted for him. Make of that what you will.

Well it did make me suspect that you and Flare had the whole thing planned beforehand via the Witches private chat, but I don’t see how it’d benefit you at the moment to make a fellow witch look suspicious.

While I disagree with you, I do want to point out he roleclaims the Warrior of Light which is a very safe roleclaim as it’s already been stated by someone (I forget who) that the Ff1 protagonist will be on the board and they used the name “Warrior of Light” iirc

I might be completely wrong, I’ve been away from thread for a long time

Upon hearing that comment the Sorcerer straightened his back before arcing over to scrawl something on a piece of paper.

He eventually tossed the completed tale up into the air, with the piece of paper growing and yet fading until it had become the space they inhabited.

“That should fill in all blank spaces, right?” the sorcerer asked, clearly somewhat proud of the scenario he had constructed.

1 Like

Sorry to say, Picto, but that’s rather inaccurate. I got out from school, went to go visit a former teacher with a friend, came home with my friend, checked the thread, left it alone for a while, and now I’m back with analyses. Please note that even before the game started, I said I most likely wouldn’t be very active due to school.

First of all, I know jack about Final Fantasy, so I’m not even gonna try to glean some meaning from our names or roleplay.
Secondly, I’m lowkey very overwhelmed about the amount of content that occurred while I was gone. It’s so chaotic, and it’s making me really have trouble reading everyone. The only thing that worries me is Kari. He seems to have a very overactive trigger finger. First voting Usagi in his first post, then the color text questioning, then going after me just because I hadn’t turned up yet. I don’t care whether he’s human or not, that kind of impulse can’t be good, especially in the late game when us humans have to make crucial decisions.
I’m inclined to trust thesorceress, but from what I’ve been told she’s a great actress, so I have no idea.

I kind of want to go No Lynch because of the reasons Pliskin listed, but based on my experience spectating last game and my gut, and the fact that I take things personal, I’m gonna do this instead.

Vote: Karifean
Can we get a vote count, Rabla?

Kari has said with little reason to lie that your post was 5 seconds after his.

On this forum both were posted under the same minute on the clock.

This means they were at the most posted within a minute of each other.

If Kari is speaking the truth…

Let’s just say that kind of post takes longer than 5 seconds to post.

Do you have a counterargument?

Also, Picto, I live in Ohio, so I’m in the same timezone as Pliskin.

Oh my god why is real life giving me such a rough start in this game

We literally just happened to be typing at the same time. I had to figure out how to quote a PM, and then I had to type the rest. We literally just happened to post at the same time. Nothing to it, it’s sheer coincidence.

Ugh. And to add insult to injury, I’m leaving to go to dinner with my family, so I won’t be able to get online for a little while to defend myself from the inevitable storm that’s about to come my way.

All I have to say is that our posts being posted at the same time was just a coincidence. I’m the humanest of humans, so please don’t make my first real Rokkenjima Mafia experience a bad one.

The sorcerer gave a dry look at the newcomer and said but one word.

“Disappointed.”

He stood up, circling around the table till he reached his seat yet again, likely as some kind of delay tactic.

"If you look at my ‘nametag’ the place where we put our real names here (that which was previously empty in my case), I changed it just before that post.

I changed it to: ‘J ibwf pof, boe J’n cbjujoh zpvs sfbdujpo.’

This is a Caesar Shift. When decrypted it reads ‘I have one, and I’m baiting your reaction.’ and is intended as a secret something to go on the end of my message.

I was testing you. One was to check if my absurd prior fantasy was true and you really were a witch, and the other test was to see if you were smart/eloquent enough to argue back."

He plucked a shimmering blue spear out of his cape and tossed it to who he was speaking to.

The message communicated by the spear was a simple one: “My later and very short post is the one that responded to Karifean, my post that occurred at the same time did not address him at all.

“I was hoping you would throw that argument.” the sorcerer continued.

"Then I’d know you were someone whose mental faculties I could count on as a useful ally to help win the game.

That’s why I said you disappointed me."

I have returned and if I’m counting correctly there’s still one person who hasn’t talked?

@Zepfur, where the heckety heck are you?

“Should I harass him on Discord once he comes online over there?”

Try and shoot somewhere lower than harassment.

Okay people, fellow mafia players, crew. I want a poll. I’ve got a few questions on my mind and I was wondering if others had opinions.

1. Do you think pictoshark (and partner) really can do what he is claiming and is what he is claiming true?

2. Do you think Kari’s a witch?

3. Would you be willing to No Death this first round?

Also, @Karifean and @King_Titanite_XV would you be willing to answer my questions as put above? Respectively: why shouldn’t you die? and what is your alternate theory on picto?

Sorry if I’m being annoying but–knowledge is power.

== Echo Chamber ==
A Player who can use an Ability when it is mentioned in the player discussion. They can not add abilities to their list from their own messages.

I’d like the gamemaster to specify if this phrasing implies talking about a specific ability in relation to a specific player, or if this is a generic thing. @Rabla If possible of course, this is one of the vaguest phrasing in your list…

Ah because I’ve been looking at that possible ability list written by Rabla in the OP and “assuming there is nothing in this game that lies entirely outside of this” then a mix of that I posted above and …

== Phantom Puppetmaster ==
A Player who can decide to “Kill” their Partner. The Player will die in the Narrative but can continue to use their ability at night. They can not Vote or participate in the games progress outside that. This Role is usually an additional part of a Third-Party Team, and the Players with this Role have another standard ability.

… could potentially explain all of pictoshark’s behaviour so far.

Any comment to make there?

Do you think pictoshark (and partner) really can do what he is claiming and is what he is claiming true?

“No, as I think Picto likes to keep his abilities secret~”

Do you think Kari’s a witch?

“I’m 50-50 on it.”

Would you be willing to No Death this first round?

“I was going to go for that as I didn’t think we’d have enough information to do anything other than wildly guess, but both Kari and FlareNetworkC seem kind of suspicious to me, so I wouldn’t mind a lynching…”

Aha!

So Kari would be my team member in such a scenario?

I don’t have much comment for now, thought that’s likely just my fatigue showing.

In case I have to connect the dots of what I’ve stated above this is how it would work.

The “puppet” would be able to obtain an ability if others talks about him, so he claims an ability and eggs on others to speak of it in relation to him.

That ability is so fantastic that he has a reasonable nightkill from witches, except that is actually the action of the puppetmaster turning his partener into a puppet.

Then he … well uses that ability every night as a undead while his partner lives on, adding up everything would actually lead to the story he came up with matching up.

Sorry if this is wrong picto but if this is right (and I’m going to have to make a gamble there) then I think the best course of action I can take is encourage everyone to kill you. I’ve tried to look up at something in that list that would match your claims but I can’t really find anything else.

If the Crimson tends to dig stuff up that isn’t in said list then I’ll need a bunch of people using to his games confirming me this because the wording up there seems to imply this is the list.

1 Like

So your theory has Picto and Kari as witches? Or as third party members? The latter seems to make more sense based on the description of the power but I’m not certain what their end goal would be, in this case, other than what has already been proposed. Maybe everyone other than them die?

In any case, I want to wait a day before acting on this theory, if we act on it. I do admit that Kari’s actions this game make considerably more sense if he is purposefully trying to get killed, though.