Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

“Pssh. I was talking to the dead before it became mainstream.”

@Zepfur
:stare::hocho:

Fair enough. As I kinda said, sometimes people do one thing outside and then act completely differently inside the game.
But about your no lynch vote, you said yourself in the post where you voted that you might just have been worried it’d look suspicious if you voted for another person there. That’s a fair worry for any alignment, so it doesn’t really speak for or against you imo.

Random, but rereading the rules and:

Man I always knew Higurashi was secretly a Final Fantasy crossover.:pukuku:

This is the kind of read that we ought to rely on on Day 1.

Is anyone else who was in that spectator chat willing to corroborate this read on Flare’s personality?

Well yes that’s actually one thing I’ve been worrying for a while…
Like, did midsummer and me’s actions proved to be inspirationals for witches this time around. Of course, that would imply they at least watched the game.

Still it’s definitively something to keep in mind.

An older woman traveled the ruins of the battlefield they had found themselves in, and were so taken in by the mysteries of the island that they didn’t notice the clinking of the armour worn by the one following them, noting their moves.

A cheerful young man was accompanied by one even younger, the latter keeping watch over the former to ensure their safety. Nothing of note came their way, so the pair chatted away into the night.

The soldier stood at the shore, staring out at the moon reflected in the water. His thoughts of what memories of home he was allowed to keep here, he waited silently on the sands of the beach. A man watched him from a distance away, and after consideration, took hold of his blade and dashed forward at the man. The soldier, in his experience, heard the approach and took his great weapon in hand. As he spun around to face his attacker, the reflection of the moonlight off the culprit’s blade caught his eyes, and he faltered as a dark memory assaulted his mind. Before his focus returned to the fight, his attacker was gone and spilt blood was all that was left with him. Alone in the silence, he turned back to the ocean and on his knees, closed his eyes.

Much work done, the older woman decided she was satisfied with what she’d seen and decided to head back to where the group would convene. However, a flash before her eyes shot past through the darkness, and curved to piece towards her. Laughing to herself, she shot off a few spells in an instant, but the assailant tore through them with magic of his own. In a clash of blinding light, the man took into the dark and threw himself forward at her, and while the bursts of energy shook his armour to the limit, he held fast and felt his weapon pierce flesh. When the dust settled, however, he found a cheaply made doll of his target stuck to the end of the blade. Looking around, he heard a laugh in the distance… and then she was gone, never to return.

Wonderlander is dead, they were Shantotto, Human Aligned Legendary Mage
SleepingPliskin is dead, they were Cloud Strife, Human Aligned Lost Soldier

You have 48 Hours to decide on your votes, with the phase ending at 1:30AM UTC, on Monday the 21st of August.

With 11 Players remaining, the majority lynch is at 6. If majority is achieved, the vote will be frozen and the player nominated will be killed as soon as the Game Master is available. If majority is not achieved during the Phase, the player with the most votes at the end of the time limit will be killed.

Enjoy your day.

@UsagiTenpura @King_Titanite_XV @akafa123 @Blackrune @Wonderlander @EternalMagician @VyseGolbez @SleepingPliskin @thesorceress @pictoshark @FlareNetworkC @BunnyAdvocate @Zepfur

ay lmao

“Three humans down already? How’d two humans die when we chose not to lynch? Are we totally fucked now if the witches can take down 2 humans per night? Also my luck at detecting witches has not gone well so far, Karifean, then Wonderland… oops

I guess they killed tracker…

Okay… we’ll have to try making sense out of this.

I guess I had to google it but the old woman is Shantotto most likely, thus wonderlander?

But this is pretty odd, the description makes it sound as if the attacker didn’t really manage to kill her. And now a doll… I’m getting kinda not the best of feeling about this.

I’m a bit confused tho by some of this narration and I nearly just woke up, let me coffee before trying to make more sense out of this.

“To explain my actions: I hit Wonderlander after making a motion to hit Flare under the hopes of deceiving the Witch Team into suiciding if Flare was a witch.”

The Sorcerer shrugged. "I’m also thankful that myself being the most obvious target therefore made it unthinkable to attack me, causing the Witch Team’s eyes to drift elsewhere.

Do you understand why I exposed myself to such blatant danger now, @UsagiTenpura?"

Both killers are male. Going by my limited FF knowledge, that should rule out Terra and Lightning.

So someone redirected your action?

“No. Please reread my post and if you still don’t understand then I’ll explain it.”

No, from the way I read it, it sounds like the older woman was tracked herself before she got killed.

Just keep in mind what sapphire did from our pov, tho the protector had already been shot by that time. But I guess I need to try to make sense out of this before anything else. At the very least it seems my puppet idea about you is wrong, but I’d like to understand if you have any idea why the old woman was not really killed and a doll was left there instead? I mean that sounds really weird to me.

In any case, I can safely ignore you for the time being or at least will chose to do so and look more into what the hell just happened.

Oh also, “Usagi is alive, weird, let’s gut her let’s gut her”.
I guess it was unlikely pliskin would be targetted by anyone so he made a safe bet there.

*Protected nor targeted.

NOT

Okay, coffee.

Whaaat :sweating:

The older woman refers to Shantotto, so Wonderlander, which we can verify through the death later. The person in the clinking armor, this would be someone wearing armor, obviously, so possible suspects for this would be Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, and Cecil.

A cheerful young man, hmm, this could refer to Bartz, Zidane, Tidus or Vaan. The one even younger could be Onion Knight, as he’s described as a youth usually, and also Bartz, Zidane, Tidus and Vaan as well, since they fall in the usual youthful JRPG protagonist trope.

The soldier is obviously Cloud, the assailant is any male person that uses a blade, which is basically any male person, since JRPG protagonists use swords.

This is Shantotto dying, and the description of how she was killed fits with @pictoshark’s claim, as this assailant is described to use both light and darkness, something that Cecil does in the Dissidia games, as he has a gimmick changing between his Dark Knight and Paladin form in that game.

Now for something else:

And yet you are muddling up things yourself. You do hint at your identity at several places, yes, but why do you still keep it hidden?

As someone whose savvy in Final Fantasy stuff (and with this being the last one missing), I realize that you are actually Squall Leonhart, but still, why the hide and seek? @Zepfur