Umineko Episode 6 Full Series Spoilers General

To add on my own question on the ones piling up:
Umineko When They Cry Episode 6: Dlanor Cucks Gaap - The Movie.
Wtf was with this part?
I don’t know why, but for some reason this part sticks out to me more than any other scene in episode 6.
For those of you who don’t remember, Gaap was totally about to solve the logic error in much the same way that it ends up being solved anyway, but Dlanor forbids reasoning on the window that Kanon eventually ends up escaping out of - and completely cucks Gaap, like I said.
And, although this question should probably take place in a different topic, I’ll ask it here since the answer would have impact on my earlier question: Who is Gaap? Ronove is Genji and Virgilia is Kumasawa, so is Gaap supposed to be anyone in particular? I remember being under the impression for some reason that Gaap was another “manifestation”(or whatever) of Yasu, but I don’t know how I reached that conclusion. When thinking about Yasu’s allies that aren’t already taken, the only one that comes to mind is Maria.
The point is, if she actually was another manifestation of Yasu, she would even know the truth of the world, and be able to pull that dumbass Shkanon swap trick that Beato ends up pulling.
And even if she doesn’t know, sure she’d have to admit that Kanon was in the closet, but at least she’d get Battler out of the logic error, which is really more important at this point.
And Dlanor pulls this bullshit. She’s generally portrayed to be a fair character, but here and in the Kinzo’s Body case in ep 5, she’s not being fair at all. And if she’s allowed to do that, why doesn’t she do it more often!?

2 Likes

Regarding your question on Gaap, in Answer to the Golden Witch, Ryukishi said, “She is just a personification who became a witch, symbolizing the notion of ‘things often vanish’,” that’s as much of an answer as I think we’ve been given.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. My immediate reaction was that Dlanor might’ve prevented reasoning to stop Gaap specifically, since she’s not an actual character in the mystery or any of that jazz. But then I remembered that Ronove and Virgilia were right there with her, and already knew what she was getting at, so I suppose that rules that out. Interesting info though, maybe you should put it on Gaap’s character discussion topic too, for anyone curious about her.

EP7 Yasu’s Past
Yasu: “I want to become a witch. I want to become Beato.”
Gaap: “But I am already Beatrice.”
Yasu: “You’ll still be a witch and my friend. I’m modifying the world so that Beato is me.”

Gaap: [color=blue]“You were talking about the seals blocking Kanon, the ones on the windows of the cousins’ room, right? Then what about the windows on the next room over? All you’ve done is shown that the rescue would have been impossible for Kanon. There’s still a chance for the humans in the next room over…!”[/color]

Gaap is about to be removed by the Siesters for not having a stamped invitation
Gaap: “Wait there Dlanor respond to my blue truth”
Dlanor: “If you want the opinion of the Great Court of heaven, please fill out an application in accordance with court PROCEDURES”

Dlanor: “Multiple submissions are forbidden, so the blue truth you just spoke will be unusable during this wedding ceremony…”

I think the answer would be as Beatrice realized, the witch’s side is supposed to be giving the questions not answering them.

This part is fishy to me. Shanon escapes the next room over, then proceeds to rescue Battler as Kanon. But her method of escape was still the window, which means the blue truth Gaap spoke did end up being used during the wedding ceremony. Yeah, Erika agrees to remove the seal, but Beato still needed it to be removed.

As for this part, Beato still needed to solve the logic error before presenting her own mystery. Although Lambdadelta was the one it was presented to, she was still required to have solved it.

Edit: I just thought of another question, though this one’s up for interpretation more than anything else: Did Erika arrive at the truth at the end of episode 6? After she loses the dual with Beato, her last measure of resistance is to introduce herself as the [color=red]detective and the 18th human.[/color] Why would she say that if she had no doubts on the number of people on the island? She asked this after realising that multiple truths can exist in tandem and has a realisation about the nature of the world. I think she said that to clarify, at the very end, if what she’d just come to realise was the truth, and Battler and Beato confirmed it.

1 Like

If that was the truth wouldn’t she have won the duel?

What she said was what she’d believed up until this point. The narration was very clear that she’d already lost the duel and that this part was just Battler and Beato showing respect to their opponent. I was getting at the idea that she said that expecting to lose, because I don’t see what other reason she had to insert her self introduction - in red - at that point.