Umineko - Kanon Character Discussion (Spoiler-Free)

Discussion topic for Kanon, servant of the Ushiromiya family.

Please spoiler tag any reference to events from beyond the question arcs and any major question arc spoilers with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context in parenthesis.

We are just furniture

2 Likes

Can’t even tell the difference.
Perfect.

1 Like

I havent really gotten through Ep2 yet, so this is based on just Ep1:

Of all the Umineko characters who play a primary role in Ep1, Kanon might be the most intriguing to me. Battler kinda plays off Kanon’s attitude and personality as “being a self-conscious teenager”, and perhaps that is true in part. But he reminds me of someone who has suffered in the past. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that he was an orphan?

Of all the servants, Kanon seems to be the closest to Kinzo after Genji. Kinzo trusts him to spy on the family, and confides in him his thoughts on the situations. But even more important to me, Kanon is the only one besides Kinzo to mention “the roulette” in Ep1.

In fact, upon mentioning the roulette, Kanon’s personality seems to change. He’s no longer the shy furniture. He has feelings that he’s been concealing, and he stakes a stand against the culprit by himself: perhaps one of the most courageous actions in the entire episode. Did the Kanon who was dropping things out of the wheelbarrow in the garden strike you as “the brave one”? Thats why I can’t wait to see more of him in the future episodes.

2 Likes