Umineko Tea Party Podcast 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch

As the curtain closes on this fragment, we return one last time for our final podcast, sharing our thoughts on Umineko Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch. I Aspirety am joined by Jokrono, KyuuGryphon, and our very special guest Chronotrig, lead translator of Umineko. With a mix of fresh and old perspectives, we offer up our final thoughts on the story of Umineko, closing the book on this Tea Party. We hope you enjoy what we’ve prepared.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/umineko-tea-party-podcast-8/
5 Likes

Once more unto the breach my editing strides :ryukishi:
Hope you guys enjoy the podcast, there was some super fun discussion here and I think we really spoke well for the value of Episode 8, given how divisive it’s known to be.

4 Likes

I know I said it on the podcast itself (and like, six times during the setup for it), but I’d just like to say - thanks again for having me on board for these last two Episodes, Aspi, especially this one. Being able to discuss Episode 7 with everyone (shout-outs to @mimsy and @Thehoennhippo, and Jokrono of course) in-depth was a blast, and getting to come back for this final farewell really, truly means a lot to me (I’m actually getting choked up just thinking about it - I’m a sap, what can I say?). Getting to come away from the podcast and reread with a new appreciation for Episode 8 was an added bonus.

While there are definitely things I feel like I could’ve done better (all of my fumbling for words and microphone peaking, oof!), this podcast was a lot of fun. To everyone else - I hope you guys enjoy listening to this as much as we enjoyed discussing it. I might be kinda quiet and spend most of my time on the Discord as opposed to the forums, but it’s been a blast. Jokrono says as much in the podcast itself, but the fact that there’s still so much room for discussion, theorycrafting, and reinterpretating Umineko almost eight years after its conclusion is a testament to Ryukishi’s storycrafting skills.

…I, uh, don’t really know how to end this post. It might be kinda trite, but let’s just go with this: I love y’all. Even if it was only for a relatively short while, getting to be a part of this community and being able to give back to it with the podcasts was really special. Thanks, everyone. :hearts:

7 Likes

It’s really over huh, this was certainly a ride. Listening to the podcast was an absolute joy and I don’t think I’d have gotten as much out of Umineko without it, along with having the forum to read. I still can’t believe I got to be on an episode. See you when something else cries!

3 Likes