Episode 5: End of the Golden Witch - Spoiler-Free / Spoilers
Episode 6: Dawn of the Golden Witch - Spoiler-Free / Spoilers
Episode 7: Requiem of the Golden Witch - Spoiler-Free / Spoilers
Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch

TIPS Discussion Topics
Memoirs of the ΛΔ (Higurashi Spoilers)
Anti-Mystery vs Anti-Fantasy

Character Discussion Topics
Battler · [Kyrie] (https://forum.rokkenjima.org/t/umineko-kyrie-ushiromiya-character-discussion/120) · Rudolf
Kanon · [Shannon] (Umineko - Shannon Character Discussion (Spoiler-Free)) · Gohda · Kumasawa · Genji
Dr. Nanjo · Kinzo
Beatrice · Bernkastel · Lambdadelta · Featherine
Ronove · Virgilia · Gaap
Ange · Erika · Dlanor
Will · Lion

Miscellaneous Topics
Umineko Spoilers General
Umineko Quotes & Screencaps

General discussion topic for the Umineko When They Cry / Umineko no Naku Koro ni franchise. Refer to our specific Chapter and Episode discussion topics listed above for more specific discussion, or feel free to make your own topic if you have something specific you’d like to talk about. If a conversation here ends up flowing in a certain direction, don’t be afraid to continue it in your own topic! Keep the “reply as linked topic” button beside each post in mind.

When posting here, please use your own discretion to tag significant story spoilers with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context for the spoiler in parenthesis.

I wasn’t around back then, but wasn’t writing Umineko a pretty taxing experience for Ryukishi? As far as I know he got a lot of hate after Episode 8 and his popularity took a dive.

I think I heard something about that, people didn’t like elements of the ending and he got exhausted after it all from what I know.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Umineko Chiru: A natural progression?

Hello everyone, I didn’t know where to post it but the concept was too funny (to me) to not share.

Now, we could all agree that the events of Umineko are highly dramatic. A lot of emotion, a lot of feelings, a lot of rage, sadness, and so on. Umineko takes place on an island. Therefore…

Umineko no naku koro ni is Total Drama Island.

(I will accept any punishment for making this dumb post, I just had to get it off my chest)

1 Like

So, I just finished the Umineko no naku koro ni anime and in my personal opinion, it wasn’t as bad as how some people told me it would be. If I had to pick one major flaw in the anime, nothing and I mean Nothing is revealed until the last episode of the anime (26) and even with some of the things revealed, that last scene after the ending sequence (the one with Lambdadelta and Bernkastel on the bed It’s not what you’re thinking) pretty much brings up more mysteries (and it was supposed to be the last episode…).
Also, it felt like too many new ideas were brought up too fast which instead of making the story interesting, it became a total disaster for my brain in the latter half (Better read the VN I guess :bern:).
But those aside, I pretty much enjoyed everything else :
There’s a good opening song and ending song (two things I really look for in an anime) and it was interesting how the opening animations changed for each arc.
There were also a lot of interesting characters even apart from Battler (too bad his story is not revealed properly) and Beatrice.
For example :
Ronove : Probably the most interesting character I found so far. Is he evil or is he a good guy? His behaviour was calm and collected in contrast to his master, Beatrice making him quite interesting as a character.
Bernkastel : Literally my favourite character in the series (Just look at those emotionless eyes). I was sad she didn’t get much screentime though.
Maria Ushiromiya : Creepy but definitely one of the most important characters to the plot. And that moment when she (Umineko spoilers)killed Rosa hundred times :shock:
Also, the graphics were good for a pretty old anime as well.

Those were my thoughts on the anime as a standalone, I plan to complete the VN as well and make another post comparing the two as well as the VN as a standalone

2 Likes

May I ask, did you know that the anime had bad reputation and that people recommended the VN? Or did you only find out after you began watching the anime?

I heard that it has a bad reputation before starting it but I started it nonetheless. When some people like Aspirety and Karifean got to know that I started watching it, they also commented that the VN is infinity times better and thus, ensuring me that I must read the VN as well.

3 Likes

The release date for Umineko When They Cry - Answer Arcs has been announced.

17 Nov, 2017

http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1034

3 Likes

Can I get a roll call for everyone who hasn’t yet read the answer arcs and is looking to follow along with the Tea Party?

Let’s start with @seraphitic and @VyseGolbez

3 Likes

Of course!

Like, help me figure out who else is on the list

Ohhhh! Sorry.

@pik3rob @Exalt @Yerian @mimsy @BirdWords are who come to my mind right away.

1 Like

I volunteer @Jokrono as tribute. :gohda:

2 Likes

I kinda went ahead and finished Umineko. I figured I’d be rather busy for a while and I just needed to finish it when I had the time. Sorry, but I can’t participate.

I’m interested but I can’t make any promises since I don’t know if we’ll be able to keep up with 1 entire episode every 2 weeks for our recording.

What about @NotKyon and @soggysadboi

1 Like

And since he entered the giveaway, @EisenKoubu

1 Like

Assuming I am able to read Episode 5 before the podcast, I can jump in for some wacky analyses. I’ll actually have a little more time to do stuff by the end of November, so I could definitely set aside some time for it, provided I stay on top of classwork. :wahaha:

1 Like

Yeah that may just be the death of us… I look forward to the challenge!