07th Expansion wish list

If you could have anything come out 07th Expansion-related, what would you want? For the sake of the thread, just assume that no matter what you asked for, it wouldn’t suck. We can dream, can’t we?

Here’s the things I would want:

-Higurashi anime remake (closer to original/manga, with different animation style), possibly with new 8th arc written by Ryukishi
-Some kind of Higurashi sequel written by Ryukishi (People complain about Higurashi stuff coming out all the time, but really the only things Ryukishi himself wrote were the question arcs, Kai, Rei, and Hou, and aside from arguably Saikoroshi, only the question arcs and Kai are canon).
-New When They Cry (preferably in VN form)
-Umineko Chiru anime
-Higanbana anime
-Rose Guns Days anime (I haven’t even read the VN of this, but I get the feeling it would make a good anime anyway)

Hmm, that’s all I can think of for now. More things might come to me later.

5 Likes

These two are my top wishes. A new Umineko anime would also be neat, but eh, it’ll never live up to the VN anyways.

2 Likes

I’ve said this many times before, but I think Studio BONES should adapt Rose Guns Days, it’s right up their alley. They’re brilliant at action anime, and Rose Guns Days is a property with a lot of potential cross-gender appeal, which is something BONES is always good about.

I have no idea what the show would look like, structurally. Part of me thinks it would have to be multi-cour, but what if we actually got a twelve episode season for each in-game Season? Or maybe we’d have a 51 episode count, like some of BONES other longer shows, I think they’d be able to fit the whole story in.

I’ve only read the manga adaptation of Season One, but it had a lot of new scenes and really stellar additions- I think it’d be great if they integrated those into the anime. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like them to mostly adapt from the visual novel (the manga glossed over Claudia’s arc, and it cut out every Julie and Jeanne scene except the first one!) but I’d love it if they could integrate some of the more visual storytelling the manga had, especially in regards to Miguel.

Uh, so yeah. Rose Guns Days anime is something I’ve fantasized about for a long time, and is at the top of my wish list. An official English release of TRianThology and Iwaihime are on that list too.

5 Likes

Like others, I’d like any studio to redo Umineko (mostly for video editing purposes on my part), and a Chiru animated adaption (since the Pachinko animation only goes so far!)

Maybe an animated adaption (or straight up actual VN version) of the Higurashi arcs that are manga exclusive or in the Alchemist adaptions. I’d love to see the characters in those arcs in Ryukishi’s style or the Steam style (God, I hate the Alchemist sprites). Especially Natsumi’s arc!

And I’d like a lot more merch for stuff that isn’t Higurashi, like I would personally like a figure of Ange, Erika, or EVA Umineko wise, any of the Youkai from Higanbana, or somebody from RGD. I like figures. I know they make PVC keychains of the Umineko characters but it’s really hard to find them on sites. Or even actual Nendoroids! Lambda would be perfect as a Nendoroid!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I would also like to see an Iwaihime anime. I guess most of my wish list consists of anime adaptions.

A much better anime adaptation of Umineko and Chiru, I suppose. It is quite unlikely to happen and it may of course not work well again, but I think they can maybe make all eight Umineko episodes into movies rather than a TV series. That would give all episodes space to develop, make them all memorable, make viewers notice clues more, be involved with the characters more and they would devote much more time to the animation and music too, of course. They also don’t have to make the films very long, maybe 70-90 minutes so they can release two per year and finish releasing them in four years or something. And adapt the Higurashi manga short side stories too, of course, that would be interesting.

3 Likes

I would honestly probably purchase a new When They Cry. It’d be really cool.

3 Likes

-a New When They Cry
-a remaked Umineko (+ Chiru) anime with many many many episodes and animated by ufotable
-a Good Higanbana Anime
-Umineko EP8 Spoilers: The Fight Auaurora against Lambdadelta

I was really happy with how Kira left things off but I’d still love some more stuff about the club just having fun together and being happy post-Matsuribayashi, especially if it were to take the tone of the last scenes of Kira - basically about everyone healing from what they’ve been through and showing how it would’ve even further deepened their relationships.

New WTC that takes place in a sci-fi setting, or some sort of cosmic horror setting.

Remastered and localized ports of Umineko and Higurashi to Vita. Probably never happening but let me dream. (I know Higurashi Sou exists haha)

My main wish list has been spoken (like new WTC and RGD anime and merchandises), so my last wish is: Williard’s side/extra story. I think I saw somewhere Ryukishi07 wanted him to be some kind of “dark piece” in EP8. I would like to see how that turns out (Umineko fanfiction community is almost dead by now, basically). Also, his back story. What happened that made him change his beliefs?

3 Likes