07thexpansion English Dub

ITT we suggest hypothetical voice actors for a hypothetical scenario in which various 07thexpansion VNs receive English Dubs.

Yes, I know I’m a heathen for listening to english dubs, deal with it. :happy: Anyway…

Umineko
Battler-Ray Chase would be an excellent choice here. Dude has fantastic range and I feel like his Noctis voice would suit our amateur detective just fine.
Ange-Lauren Landa might be a good fit, like Ray Chase she has great range and I think she could pull off Ange’s cold personality well.
Krauss-Jameison Price
Beatrice-Michelle Ruff maybe??

Rose Guns Days
Leo-Matthew Mercer

Higurashi
Rika-Laura Bailey
Keiichi-Sam Reigel or Cam Clarke
Akasaka-Brad Sawlie

I feel like Colleen Clinkenbeard would be better as Beatrice- just listen to her as Yuko in xxxHOLiC. (Another Sayaka Ohara role too.)

I do adore Michelle Ruff, but I think she’s more suitable for Eva. She’s basically mastered the art of condescension from years and years as Fujiko Mine.

I also think Michelle Ruff would make a good Stella, for Rose Guns Days? Or perhaps Meixue.

Oh, and Jerry Jewell as Gabriel, for sure.

The lack of Crispin Freeman in this thread disturbs me.

Notable Roles:

• Jeremiah Gottwald (Code Geass)
  • Alucard (Hellsing)
  • Kyon (Haruhi)
  • Shizuo (Durarara)
  • Sundowner (Metal Gear Rising)

I mean I don’t know who I’d cast him as, but his vocal range is impressive, so why not just go for a random Rudolf or Ronove pick?

Also I like Ray Chase as Battler is EXCELLENT (I loved him as Cinder in KI) but holding Matthew Mercer in reserve for him could work if this hypothetical dub has difficulty getting Ray Chase on board.

1 Like

English dubs, done right with the proper voice director so it’s not the cringy Meguca dub (a fine example of many good VAs on a project but a terrible voice director), are A+. Particularly NISA games.

I second the Eva with Michelle Ruff. Somebody cast a certain aspect of Eva as Etna from Disgaea for a long-lost Umineko Hell entry and I’ve been unable to shake it ever since. Just so long as Vick’s-Vap-o-Rub Mitochondria isn’t cast in this, I’m chill with everything else. And though I’m of the belief that Miyuki Sawashiro characters should be voiced by Laura Bailey, I think to keep the Rikas aligned, all Rikas and Rika expies should be voiced by Laura Bailey. (I know my friend who loves Laura Bailey would love this casting.) What about the obligatory Johnny Yong Bosch as Amakusa? And this is a joke casting, but Beato with Rozalin’s voice from Disgaea 2 and Battler with Adel’s voice since RozAdel was basically prototype Beato and Battler, but less angsty.

1 Like

Necroing threads appear to be my specialty.

Ok, but what about Luci Christian as Beatrice? I think she’d kill it. I think Maryke Hendrikse would also slay the role of Gaap. Also, we need either Greg Ayres, Josh Grelle, or Bryce Papenbrook as George because they all make me want to punch their characters IN THE FACE
J. Michael Tatum as Kinzo please
Also can we get Jamie Marchi as all seven of the seven stakes pls

1 Like

Yuri Lowenthal as Battler.
I have no other ideas at the moment, and I will edit this post if I do, but I’ve been thinking for a long time that, if I were to cast someone for the dub role of Battler, Yuri Lowenthal would be that person.

So after listening to Alexis Tipton as Lucina, I realized just how perfect she would be as Ange.

You cannot convince me to believe that this isn’t the perfect dub voice for Ange.
Also Ray Chase is wonderful as usual

I also think Amber Connor-who played Laphicet in Tales of Berseria would make a good Sakutaro as well.
Also, I think Cristina Venezuela would make a good Lucifer or Ange
Kate Higgins would also make a good Lambadelta I believe

Oh dang, you right.