9 to the power of 16 [SOLVED]

1 Like

i have no real contribution to this thread

2 Likes

So zetta slow.

The answer is

So yeah, Iā€™m out again, I have no idea, especially because the whole angle approach seems to be wrong anyway because of that 01 - 00 thing.

One thing Iā€™m curious, though: Is the meaning of the s hinted at anywhere else or is the s the only thing we get? Furthermore, would the correct approach make the meaning of the s obvious?

Right now I have the feeling that the answer to the first question is ā€œThe latter.ā€ and the answer to the second question be ā€œNo.ā€, and that just isnā€™t even fun.

Ok let me try again

Itā€™s not either of those.

In my opinion the correct approach would make the meaning of s obvious.

In addition, a minor hint.

I could reconstruct this puzzle with a different random number as the answer (as long as it didnā€™t include any zeroes) and I would only have to change the hyphenated number on the wall.

I tried something like this idk if its right or wrong, Iā€™m stupid
http://imgur.com/wV2j9xS

i just noticed, picto described this puzzle as cute
trapping people in the room is not cute!

@pictoshark I got another question. Is this puzzleā€™s solution unambiguous?

We need a color for user questionsā€¦

Did someone say colored text?

[color=pink]**Did someone say colored text?**[/color]

That pink is so ugly tho.

This is a better pink.

FF99CC
I need to petition aspiā€¦

2 Likes

I suppose it does look quite good, but when they are held side by sideā€¦

Hm. I suppose your one does look a little bit more Umineko. Iā€™ll leave it up to @Aspirety and @technololigy to decideā€¦

1 Like

So I guess all I can think of is that the starting position is 5, the middle of the set of dials, and the numbers in the sequence are supposed to make us move from that to other points in it. So the 5 (which lacks a zero) is the starting point, which fits with it being the first number on the answer, and what comes after is in a way or another numbers that determines the movement from that point to another point.

And 00 probably refers to staying in place, thus pressing the ā€œlast dialā€ another time.
And I canā€™t think much more than s referring to a a negativeā€¦

ā€¦ the only other thing I have in mind that I have no idea what to work out with and is probably entirely off is that 16 is 4 to the power of 2 and 9 is 3 to the power of 2, so perhaps some sort of conversion but I have no idea how to even approach thatā€¦

Otherwise the idea of degrees/angles bought up earlier sounds decent enoughā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure what to make out of it.

I guess I should read that tau manifesto thing.

Skimmed through the Tau Manifesto, didnā€™t seem to include anything useful other than the definition of tau we already knew, which was tau=2*pi. There was a figure number 16 there, but it appears irrelevant.

So, we know what tau is. What eludes me is what ā€œsomething over sixteenā€ is supposed to mean. The phrase itself does nothing to me, and neither can I think of anything that should be over sixteen, or why the number is sixteen in the first place. The angle idea sounded reasonable at first, but it appears itā€™s a dud, so Iā€™ve got nothing.

Hmmā€¦
All that comes to mind is pretty visual.

X

A fraction expressed that way where X is ā€œsomething over 16ā€ (literally).

Yes it does refer to a fraction with 16 as the denominator.

So basically the numbers are fractionsā€¦

Or at the least, it could be said that the numbers are part of a maximal value of 16 as I said earlier.

Now I dunno if that maximum value is 15 (00 to 15) or 16 (meaning the 00 is an extraā€¦) but itā€™s a start.

Iā€™m going to assume option B for now.

Hmmm so I guess for instance if I had a ā€œcodeā€ that made me move from 5 to 7 (meaning southwest), a possible of the ā€œsā€ would be the same thing going from 3 to 7 instead (meaning doing it twice, thus ā€œsā€ as plural).
Thatā€™s not the only thought in mind but Iā€™ll keep that in mind for now.

Now the problem is more that there are 16 possibilities (or perhaps 17 technically) but there are only really 8 normal cardinal moves possible from the optimal point, being the centerā€¦

Here goes nothing.

No.