A brand new nugget of mystery [GAME 5] [SOLVED]

What did he decide to go through with? Anyways, The narrator died as the thing he touched while walking on the floor was the bladed murder weapon. Thus the murder weapon is not in his sister’s room anymore. Someone removed it from there.

Also, just to clarify, repeat it in red: The sister’s death was a homicide.

“That’s quite the intricate and elegant theory you have there Yerian! Still, the downside of intricacy… is that it’s often paired with fragility!” the Sorcerer exclaimed as he swung his red coated fist towards the incoming theory.

Your theory fails for a simple reason! Such an absurd solution would require foreshadowing!

He chuckled to himself as the fragments of the shattered blade flew through the air.

“I think I’ll still destroy your theory on another level too, just to make it feel a little more fair.”

At the sound of these words a dozen muskets seemed to appear around him, and each one aimed shooting down a different fragment of the already ruined theory.

**None of the tricks in this game involve windows! In fact if I were to deny the existence of any windows in the red it would change nothing!**”

“Neither of this theories pierce my mystery, so there’s no need for me to respond to them.”

“Feh, she was killed by someone else, no? That’s from one of the reds spoken in the narrative if I remember correctly…”

Please repeat in red: the sister’s death was not an accident, nor some form of assisted suicide. She was killed deliberately by another person.

The sorcerer wordlessly drew red script in the air with his finger in response to that request which read:

She was killed by someone acting with intent.

Hmm, how did he know she was killed? The narrator was an accomplice. He did not kill his sister, but he helped the killer get inside the house. Something about the differing narratives of crushing the key in the beginning and trying to reach out for it in the end ties in in some way I don’t know yet…

Regardless of the nature of the sister’s death, the narrator’s death was an accident. He was killed while he was lashing around: managing to injure himself in such a way that he died from his injuries before anyone could help him.

Something else that points in the direction of the narrator being an accomplice is that he thinks that ‘he decided to go through with this’.

The device our host introduced us to before even beginning the tale is what gave the narrator knowledge he shouldn’t have.

“C’mon! That would just be lame!”

The sorcerer rolled his eyes as he plucked out a blade to get rid of that boring theory.

The narrator did not die from an accident.” he lazily mumbled as he shattered the theory.

“Alas, I’m sorry to tell you but, this device does not affect tales, it merely shows me their truths.

“And how did he do such a thing? Need I remind you that the doors were locked?”

“This particular blade is dull, as it actually doesn’t rule out assisted suicide.”

I am grateful for your fairness, Sorcerer; it is likely I would have wasted a good amount of time forming some semblance of foreshadowing out of nothing.

But I have brought many many more blades with me to your territory! It is true, “there are only two people in this house.” However, the sister was not murdered by a person! She was murdered by an animal! An animal whose teeth were bladed weapons. This animal was “someone” else in the room with an intent to kill. The thing knocked off the table is the leash that was restraining the animal. The narrator knew his sister had been killed because he was in the same room as her. The animal then killed the narrator.

I’m not sure yet about that but, the pointless knick-knack the narrator touched before his death was the same thing he knocked off the table earlier.

Please repeat in red: the sister and the narrator were in different rooms when both died.

1 Like

The sorcerer smiled to see such a bizarre theory. He chuckled to himself, continuing to laugh at a gradually increasing volume as he walked towards his armory, at the back of the room.

He suddenly stopped a good distance from the door, his laughter suddenly ceasing.

“Bizarre ridiculous theories like that really do fill me with pleasure. It was such a wonderful thing to see.”

He held out his hand towards the door, and something began clattering around on the other side of it.

“Since you gave me such a pleasurable time, I think I’ll respond with a red that matches my feelings.”

The door suddenly sprung open with a colossal lance flying out of it. It was at least twice as long as the sorcerer was tall and looked like something a king might wield, with gold trim and all kinds of jewels prettying up the glowing red blade.

The sorcerer caught it, spinning around to then hurl it at the theory, which must have stopped in mid air out of respect for the craftsmanship of the blade that it had known was coming.

All deaths within this narrative are caused by the serial killer mentioned in the newspaper article near the start who, before you say it, is a person and is neither the sister nor the narrator!

The sorcerer was now completely lost in the moment and let out a cackle towards the repetition request that he heard next.

“There’s no neeeeed for me to! Come back with a more complete blue, then we’ll talk, okay?”

1 Like

Boy, Picto sure is increasing the flair this time around huh?

1 Like

Not for long, Antra.

Hmm, the narrator and his sister were both in the same room, and she was killed in front of him, thus explaining the ‘knowledge tinged in red’, being his sister’s blood oozing out of her and from that the narrator gained the knowledge of her being killed.

While the narrator might not have killed their sister, the sister killed the narrator. She tried to defend herself from the serial killer, but, in the dark and the commotion, accidentally killed her brother instead.

The death is still technically caused by the serial killer because it would not have occurred without his presence.

Well now isn’t that an interesting bit of information? That does seem to reduce this riddle down to a ‘how could someone have entered the house in spite of the conditions set in place’, doesn’t it.

Please confirm “are caused by” to be synonymous to “killed personally”.

Actually Karifean, that makes me think of something.

Repeat it in red: After the narrator woke up from passing out, there were more than two people in the house.