A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

…The assassin arrived on the boat only after midnight. Perhaps he entered from a separate boat, or parachuted from the sky.

In this entire gameboard, No-one has set foot on this boat who was not on the boat as it set off from the harbor when the boat on the first day.

1 Like

Someone call a exorcist, I think Beato has possessed Picto. :wahaha:

-insert laughter here-

I have a compassion rating of 1. Good luck with that.

We can do this all day.

The assassin was there when the boat left the harbor on the first day - that is, the first day of the first cruise, not this one.

Alternatively, The assassin was there on the boat when the boat left the harbor on the first day of this cruise. However, he left the boat immediately afterwards

…But I suppose this is getting a bit pointless. Then again, it’s an anti-mystery, so all is fair. You could always just deny the existence of a third party assassin who is not among A, B, C, D, E or F and isn’t the victim.

I wonder if there’s anything to be gained from reading the (EP5 spoilers) Anti-Mystery vs Anti-Fantasy Tip

What do you meeeeeeeeeeeeean, @Antra? This is my normal personaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaality!

The excitement of a gameboard. The tea boiling through my body. It brings out my true self! I hope all of you are prepared! My gameboard is sharp as a diamond saw. And it spins at RPMs you couldn’t even begin to measure.

Your dull shoddy blues are going to need to be stronger than that!

Go! Turn your brains. Feel the sparks. Do you have the circuitry necessary to win? @midsummer might be spinning fast enough… Can one of you strike it before him?

On every one of the official company holidays, which occur every other year, exactly 7 non staff members have boarded the ship.

The culprit has never worked as a member of staff on this ship.

and to pull something from the narrative…

The 7 employees of this company have been on this cruise on this boat, every other year for the last 9 years.

1 Like

Well, then. On one of the previous cruises, one of the company members was pulling double-duty, and was a member of the staff. This means that even though he was on the cruise, there’s room for a bonus assassin in “7 non staff members”. Since the bonus assassin was there when the ship departed that one time, he “has set foot on this boat when it departed from the harbor” and thus could have entered the boat later on during the other cruise in which the stabbing incident happened.

…I’m pretty sure this whole thing is just a distraction to keep me occupied with some frivolous angle that couldn’t be farther from the truth, but gameboards are supposed to be fun and pursuing this possibility amuses me greatly.

None of the employees have ever served as staff on the boat.

Repetition requested: C and E are different people than the person who got stabbed.

I’ll grant you that.

C and E are different people than the person who got stabbed.

That’s probably meant to imply that the seven employees have remained unchanged throughout the 9 years, but as long as it is only an implication, it can be challenged. The assassin participated on a cruise as a member of the company, but he has since left the company. This means they’ve boarded the ship as it leaves once before and are not prevented from entering the boat after midnight to attack the victim in this current cruise.

C or E before 23:00, set up a trap meant to stab the victim after 24:00.

Since the official company holidays started no one new has been employed into the company that the victim works at.

Always falling into my traps~

Kyahahahahahahahahahaha

The victim was stabbed by another person. And that person was holding the knife!

What can I say? The traps you lay are just so fun that I can’t help myself. It’s not like we have a time limit, after all, so I can take all the time I want enjoying this scenic path to nowhere.

Speaking of traps, the flaw in that red of yours is way too obvious.

It hasn’t been confirmed that the victim of the stabbing was an employee of the company. Thus, if the assassin is still an employee, seven employees have been on the cruise on the boat every other year for the last 9 years, it just happens that this time one of them, the assassin, wasn’t there from the very beginning, but joined them after the first day had ended.

Or, The holidays became “official” only after the employees of the company had changed.

EDIT: Can’t believe I missed The victim doesn’t work for the design company and thus whether their company has new hires or not has nothing to do with this case.

…But I suppose I’ve overlooked a certain red.

Since the culprit has never worked as a staff member on the ship, and we know that A, B, C, D, E, F and the victim boarded the ship, it’s impossible for an eight person to board the ship anyway.

…unless the assassin was a staff member but never actually did any work because he was an assassin, thus fulfilling “The culprit never worked as a member of staff on this ship”.

1 Like

Interesting theories…

TOO BAD THEY’RE ABOUT TO BE CARVED TO PIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEECES

But it has been confirmed to an extent, he was at the very least an employee when he boarded the boat.

Also I think I have to repeat something.

No-one has set foot on this boat who was not on the boat as it set off from the harbor when the boat on the first day.

The first day refers to the first day of this cruise. If someone was not on the boat at that point as the boat left then they did not set foot on the boat at any point during this gameboard (so during this cruise).

The official company holidays have been “official” ever since they began.

The culprit has never been employed as a member of staff on the ship.

…Well, I suppose this outcome was inevitable. Rest in peace, mystery assassin X. You were my favourite until your existence was cruelly denied.

Anyway, it was a fun battle, @pictoshark.

I suppose I should take a look at the information about the actual people on board and come up with theories that actually have a chance at being correct. We’ll see if I can come up with anything today - it’s getting pretty late up here where I live.

Clarification requested: How is “Anti-Mystery” defined in this game?

You probably mean “clarification requested”?

Yeah. Changing it now.