A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

Earlier today a letter suddenly appeared in the possession of many powerful voyagers. None of them knew how it got there and it was stamped with a symbol, the lower case letter Xi (ξ) which signifies randomness. Most of them knew who it was likely from and wondered how someone in such a distant fragment could slip such an item into their belongings without them noticing.

The inside of the envelope contained a neatly folded piece of paper that read as follows:

It’s been a while hasn’t it! I can’t believe it’s almost been two months since I hosted my last gameboard!

Upon reading the fifth tome I finally feel ready to cross blades with you voyagers once again. I have banned the participation of one of the best players from among the previous games, and the difficulty is more lethal than ever!

I hope to see you in attendance.

And so many of them they were in this hall now, seated on comfortable seats around a circular table waiting for their host to arrive. Evidently his increased mastery of the arts had increased what the young Sorcerer had at his disposal, they were only given metal chairs in the previous games.

Multiple flags were hanging from the ceiling bearing the text “oyysreeeohumirhscsjyffeohurfkvnoiupejq”. Likely random gibberish to match the gamemaster’s chaotic aesthetic, no one seemed to pay much attention to them.

Eventually he entered, through a door appearing in the wall.

“Welcome one and all to my fourth gameboard.” he announced in his usual hammy tone as he entered the room.

"After toiling for so long I finally have a little nugget of anti-mystery ready to present to you all today.

If any of you have forgotten the rules then just remember that everything I say in red text is true, your aim is to answer all of my lime questions about the mystery, and proper form for doing so is to post your theory that answers the question in blue text.

I will retaliate and invalidate your theories by revealing more red truths about the incident and you will counter with a new blue theory that satisfies the existing reds and we have a back and forth like that.

If your theory is too vague to pierce the heart of the matter then I may ask you a lime question about your theory which you must answer to continue pursuing that line of reasoning.

I have the true solution noted down, and you have to keep going till I back down. It’s quite the enjoyable game.

If you have any questions then there is another envelope beneath your seats which contains the full rules, so be sure to read that first.

[details=The Full Rules]>Rule 1: The game will be written ahead of time by the game master, and the story will be posted in the thread. The players must aim to defeat the gamemaster, by answering all mysteries the gamemaster presents them with.

Rule 2: All the details given to the players in the first post after the game starts are true. No catbox shenanigans here!

Rule 3: **If something is said in red text, then it is true.**

Rule 4: Once the narrative has been told, the game begins proper. The players must attempt to answer the lime questions while the gamemaster tries to come up with as many unanswered limes as they can, until the gamemaster loses.

Rule 5: Proper form for answering lime questions is to use blue text to propose a theory that answers the question. The blue should only be used to state theories that answer lime questions. A blue is struck down and made invalid if it contradicts any pre-existing reds. A blue can be struck down by a red after the blue is first put forward, (obviously). A blue is valid as long as it is not struck down by a red, it does not necessarily have to be correct, it just needs to be valid.

Rule 6: If the players cannot succeed and find an answer, then the gamemaster must disclose the solution of the board to at least one trusted person (like a Moderator). This trusted person must then announce (in the red) if the solution “checks out”, or not. This trusted person may no longer participate in the game, and may not disclose the solution unless the gamemaster says they can. If they say the solution does not “check out” due to it contradicting one of the reds or a similar issue, then the gamemaster must privately ask the trusted person why it doesn’t work. If the gamemaster cannot provide a counter argument in private telling the trusted person why it makes sense, then the game is null and void. If this occurs, the bogus solution may be revealed.

[/details]

The difficulty will likely be brutal especially with one of your most helpful players out of the picture. I wish you luck Voyagers~"

8 Likes

Unfortunately due to changes of lighting that is outside of my control, my glorious lime questions have become rather difficult to perceive against this slightly brighter backdrop.

Therefore for the duration of this game their name shall be changed to leaf questions!

Speaking of colors, I will strike down anyone who uses the red without proper authority, which is to say that you shouldn’t speak in the red unless you are repeating something that has already been said.

The game shall start proper at 2:00AM GMT, although wielders of the red in this domain reserve the right to start it early.

While the mystery has yet to begin, perhaps an intrepid voyager might be interested in trying to see if those banners have any meaning at all. Alas, I am not allowed to help you with that or anything else, considering that I was the one banned from the board. An unfortunate necessity to ensure that this feeble game master’s mysteries don’t get destroyed too quickly.

1 Like

Wait, you were serious about banning @Restkastel? Huh. That’s what you get for being too smart :wahaha:

Yep. Dead serious it seems. I’m not allowed to rip his game to shreds before people get to enjoy it.

Apparently, in order to give you guys a hint as to what the banners mean, Picto has instructed me to give you the following key phrase.

“Watase why are you so cool.”

He also cackled and said that nobody would be able to crack it without the help of a miracle and the number three.

I’ not sure what he means but oh well. Have fun you guys.

1 Like

Anyway is everyone settled in their seats? Then let’s begin.

Let us turn our attention downwards, and chortle at the mysteries of a lower plain.

A cruise ship travels the seas on a biyearly basis owned by a small but very succesful design company, it’s 7 employees having attended this week long cruise every other year for the last 9 years.

During the cruise, before it had even reached it’s first stop there was a stabbing on the boat. One of the passengers was stabbed in the leg during the night and only alerted the first aid department after the time they normally woke up.

Fortunately they recieved immediate first aid and managed to survive.

Time for the leaves~

Why did the victim not alert anyone of the wound till the morning?

How were they stabbed?

He fucked himself in the face with a knife of course
-drunk as fuck so ignore me-

Remember when you were banned?

Yes and do you consider drunk shitposting a contribution?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if these could accidentally be solved by shitposting.

Well, I’m used to the worst. Let’s see what this is gonna be about.

The victim did not alert anyone because they got stabbed in their goddamn leg and thus couldn’t move very quickly.

The victim just didn’t notice they got stabbed because they were either asleep or can’t feel pain in their legs.

2 Likes

The passenger who got stabbed has congenital insensitivity. If my supposition that this is a clothing company is correct, then they had an accident involving a needle and didn’t notice until morning.

Not confident at all with this blue but whatever.

I wonder if you’ll abandon your theory once you hear this:

There was a phone on the table next to his bed. He used this to alert the first aid staff.

I’ll break this into two theories and tackle them individually.

Are you asserting that the pain wouldn’t have woken him up?

Why could he not feel pain in his legs then?

There was a knife sticking out of the wound.

I’ll get back to the phone if nothing else proves fruitful.

Drugs.

2 Likes

Interesting~

I’d rather not show my hand just now, and I’m far more curious what you think of the other question I asked.

I’ll hold off from responding to that for now.

Bah, I’m really worried about that ominous “Anti-Mystery” sign up there. It makes me worried that this is one of those mysteries where the more we rack our brains trying to solve the mystery, the more we get away from the answer.

Of course, this could be my paranoia from Umineko fangames talking, so…:wahaha:

yawn might as well get some things going before going to sleep. Since Blackrune’s doing such a good job on the first question, I’ll take a look at this one.

Another person stabbed them while they were in their room at night. This other person was either spending the night in the same room, or simply entered from the outside.

Unless you give us a good reason, like, say, a devastating red, there is no point in overcomplicating this matter quite just yet…

1 Like

[quote=“pictoshark, post:14, topic:1102”]
I’d rather not show my hand just now, and I’m far more curious what you think of the other question I asked.

I’ll hold off from responding to that for now.
[/quote]Hm, if by that you mean whether I think the pain wouldn’t have woken him up, well yeah. That was meant to be included in that. Whether it’s pain-reducing or sleep-inducing, drugs are an explanation there.

If you meant your question from the beginning about how they got stabbed in the first place, I’ll just sign up to Karifean’s “some guy came in and stabbed them” until there’s a reason to become more complicated there.

The door was locked.

How did they enter the room?

I’ll get this one out the way quickly.

The passenger had attempted suicide that night, intending to kill himself by bleeding out. He took back his decision to end his life “after the time they normally woke up” before the wound got fatal.

Repeat it in red: When the door was locked, the victim was the only person inside the room!

And another one: When the door is locked, it is, in the context of this game, considered impossible for anyone to enter or leave the room!