A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

They had a key

They were there before the room was locked and never left

The victim was not conscious when he was stabbed.

Oooooh? Repetition requests? You do know I’m not obligated to respond, right?

When the victim locked his door to go to sleep for the night, he was the only one present in the room.

No one entered the room without using the door.

Kuhu~ I love hitting down other people blues by accident.

How did they get a key?

They were staying in that room as well

They stole it

They copied it

They stole a copy

They had a master key

Could you tell us a little more about your supposed culprit? Are they a member of the staff or not?

I was travelling around when I found this little game of yours, I have heard of it before but never joined so I though I’d pop in this time:

Lets begin with continuing the question above:

They are a part of the staff

Since the man had a knife in his leg and so shouldn’t walk around on it I’d like this repeated in red: After the man had called for help a team (which I assume was medics) was sent in and opened the door to the room with a master key.

And then a little crack theory:
He was stabbed by one of the medics who’s suffering from Hero Syndrome and wanted the recognition from saving the man

1 Like

I’ll join in the party.

They were stabbed before they locked the door.

Naturally, one would assume they would notice such a thing, so…

His leg is a prosthetic.

Also, regarding…

…this doesn’t really deny that they were stabbed with a needle, only that ultimately, when he called first-aid, there was a knife sticking out of the wound. Or, if we get technical, that at any point in time there was a knife sticking out of the wound for an unspecified amount of time.

So, repeat it in red: The victim was stabbed only once during the time period relevant to this game.

If this is not stated in red, then every single red truth regarding the victim’s stabbing becomes questionable as they could refer to any minor accident before the knifestabbing, and thus tell nothing about the actual incident.

Regarding entry into the victim’s room, there is a way to open the door even if it is locked without using the key. Perhaps it is possible to break down the door, perhaps the locking mechanism is broken or otherwise flawed, perhaps it is possible to remove or otherwise displace the door or parts of it to allow access.

Also, since the room where the victim woke up and was perhaps stabbed in was not made clear, would you repeat this for us: The victim woke up on his bed in his designated personal room.

1 Like

Although the victim was alone in the room when he locked the door with the intent to sleep, he later unlocked the door for whatever reason and was not alone in the room when he locked it again. The culprit used this timeframe when the door was unlocked to enter the room.

The victim received first aid for a reason other than the wound on his leg. The wound on his leg was a prop designed by one of the employees of the design company on board.

[color=blue]The victim was attacked in his sleep! After being waked by the attack, he actually called for first aid immediately. However, the victim was known to wake up really early- he always woke up well before sunrise! He was waken up by the attack slightly later than he usually woke up, but due to his habit of being an early riser, no one was prompted to check on the victim beforehand for sleeping in!

[/color]

Repeat in red if possible:

The attacker was present in the room when the victim was stabbed!

Edit: Please clarify if the "time they woke up in the mystery refers to the wake-up time of the medics, or the victim.

I have returned from my business elsewhere (I was sleeping) so I’m cooking up some responses to all of your blues now…

May I remind everyone seated that I have no need to respond to your repetition requests? I only have to respond to coherent blues if there are enough blues to form a fully valid theory.

Please keep this in mind…

Then how did they get in?

Ooooh… I see no reason not to indulge the spirit of your request… When the medics arrived on the scene the door was opened for them. The man had moved towards the door against their advice and opened it himself.

Oh come now did you forget Rule Number 2?

Which pairs up quite nicely with this bit of info from the first post of after the game started…

I’ll go one stop further: The man alerted the first aid staff after the night was over.

You can still stick with this theory if you say that this medic stabbed him before he placed the call… But are you really going to say something so absurd?

Kuhuhuhuhu… Unfortunately that is not the case

The victim were stabbed after they locked their door.

Both of the victim’s legs are not prosthetic limbs.

I would repeat it but you know how it is… being a gamemaster and all… He was only stabbed in the leg once in the time period relevant to this game.

The door was not damaged during the incident and is currently operating as intended by it’s designers.

The victim only locked and unlocked the door 4 times on the cruise so far, twice to place his stuff in his room, once to go in to go to sleep and once to open it again as mentioned above.

The reason the victim received first aid is because of the wound on his leg.

The man woke after sunrise.

And I see that you bunch have stopped trying to crack the code of the flags! I didn’t expect my players to stop thinking so fast!

How about I show you all a scene from a rather bizarre fragment to help your thinking?

A man walks into a newsagent in Britain in the year 2025. The Holy Roman Empire has ruled the world for over 2000 years, but they have allowed their conquered regions to keep their native tongues, likely a measure to prevent rebellion.

On the front page is an article about the advance of left wing politics in the central senate announcing in the article that “Progressivism has gone too far”

A little personal story might also lead you down the right path…

I was watching the first season of an anime I really like recently, but it drove me to drink bathroom products when I realized that it was over.

There, that might help.

The culprit was part of the staff. The staff has easy access to spare keys (or master keys) that can unlock and lock the door.

Sure are making us work for that one.

I hope we don’t have to know the specific anime to make sense of that last clue…

Well, truth be told I wasn’t really expecting you to be so nice as to oblige me that repeat request regarding the room where the victim was stabbed, but I figured asking wouldn’t hurt, just in case you had a once-in-a-lifetime stroke of benevolence. I suppose I’ll leave that issue be for a moment.

Anyhow, I must say that it is quite impressive that you managed to give four separate reds for my blues and repeat requests with none of them actually properly answering any of them. That’s quite a fancy bit of misdirection right there.

Your own red undoes this one. The victim only locked and unlocked the door 4 times, you say? In that case, the victim was absolutely stabbed after they locked their door - the victim was stabbed after he first locked the door after moving in his stuff, but before he locked the door for the night..

This opens up a chance for wordplay. Only one of his legs is a prosthetic, not both. Granted, if he was stabbed in a prosthetic leg, he’d hardly require first aid for that… but it could be that the first aid was for something entirely different, so I might as well chase this down as far as I can.

This doesn’t answer the main issue I had with the vague terminology - that is, that any stab mentioned in prior reds could be a stab other than the knife stab. Unless you repeat in red that all stabs mentioned in prior red truths refer to the victim being stabbed by a knife in the leg or something similar, I will argue that all of the blues responded to with statements about the stabbing are still valid and the reds you sprinkled on them is just meaningless fairy dust.

The stabber restored the door to its original form after tampering with it, stabbing a person and leaving. That the door can be tampered with is a feature intended by the designers, and does not require damaging it. “Tampering” includes things such as unscrewing the door off its hinges and putting it back later or removing the lock entirely and putting it back on.

Alternatively, the door purposefully includes a way to get through it even if it is locked, say, a small secondary “door” for animals to go through. The stabber used this secondary door to get into the room even if the main door was locked.

Regarding the flags, the code is probably standard alphabet rotation cipher with a keyphrase related to some anime. I tried solving it yesterday before the main puzzle was posted, by google “watase cool” and checking what I find. Apparently there’s a mangaka by the name of Yuu Watase, and Naruto has a very minor character called Watase, who is apparently super cool according to his peers. Since pictoshark apparently enjoys shonen anime and Watase appears in only one episode, I went through his lines and tried to decode the code using three of them that could’ve been related to why he’s cool or the number three, but had no success, and stopped because it got too late. Anyhow, Naruto doesn’t fit the description of that rather bizarre fragment, so I suppose that angle is a dud.

If we hit a dead end with the actual mystery, I suppose I could look into the code in more detail, but for now my interests are in the legstabbings.

2 Likes

Kuhuhuhuhu…

Well it’s what I’m best at. Blinding people to the fact they grasped the truth with a cloud of all-obscuring chaos. Just take a look at the second game if you need some good examples. Kuhu.

Onto both of your theories! This should be a fun one! I hope your blades are at the ready…

The culprit is not a member of the staff.

**The victim was stabbed after they locked/unlocked the door for the third time and before they locked/unlocked it for the fourth.**

Neither of his legs are prosthetic.

All stabs mentioned in prior red truths refer to the same incident. Is that sufficient?

The door contains no alternate entryways constructed for use by animals.

Not a single screw was unscrewed to aid the culprit’s plan.

The door is secured to the frame by screws.

The lock is secured to the door by screws.

Witches have the ability to call people to give required testimony.

@Karifean, he seems to be erring down the wrong path with regards to the code. Could you offer your knowledge to him?

Well, this is getting interesting. A pity I have to be off for a couple of hours in a few moments, so I don’t have the time to formulate proper responses right now. Rest assured, I will be back later today.

I’d like to clarify something, though. You’ve made statements about the victim only locking or unlocking the door four times. I understand that this means that the times he locked the door plus the times he unlocked the door is four, not that he locked the door four times and unlocked the door four times. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

If he indeed only operated on the lock four times in total, then since it’s been confirmed in red that he operated on the lock twice before going to sleep, and it’s been confirmed in red the victim locked his door to go to sleep for the night, and that he operated on the lock “to open it again as mentioned above”, I suppose this does confirm the man was stabbed when he had gone to slee-

Wait. It could be that the victim left his room after locking it and going to sleep. Maybe someone unlocked the door after he had gone to sleep and had the victim leave the room for whatever reason. Though this seems to be a rather pointless theory - if someone already had a key, they could just waltz in and do the stabbings with no need for having the victim get out of the room.

Anyhow, I also suppose that the fourth time he operated on the lock “to open it again as mentioned above” doesn’t necessarily refer to pictoshark’s “the man opened the door for the medics”, but it could also refer to Funyarinpa’s “the victim unlocked the door later that night for whatever reason” -theory, being a sneaky confirmation of a blue disguised as a fallback to prior red. I suppose this means that for now, the man’s movements in the boat are not restricted to his room for the time of the stabbing. This could possibly become relevant later, but I don’t have the time right now to form a proper blue out of it since I have to be going now. Still, something to keep in mind, perhaps.

Huhuhu… reading this I cannot resist, I have to ask this.

Repeat it in red: The door has only been locked and unlocked 4 times on the cruise so far!

Also sorry, can’t really be bothered to link things for the flags and code right now. Nothing jumps out at me right away anyways. As for the anime though, picto’s recently watched Gatchaman Crowds (which does indeed have 2 seasons) and liked it a lot so that might be a thing.

Though I will tell you that Watase is the main character - and picto’s favorite character - of Root Double, picto’s favorite visual novel.

1 Like

Kyahahahahahahaha!

It’s so nice of you to finally arrive Detective Mage.

Regarding your repetition request

I refuse. I won’t state my reason.

I even opened Root Double and looked through the tips again. Though I suspect it’s more likely to just mean we have to do some math with roots.

Fine then, at least the staff member path is probably out now.
Still, as long as no specifications about the security of the place are made, that’s not really cause for despair.
The culprit isn’t part of the staff, but just stole or pickpocketed an appropiate key.

A staff member willingly gave the culprit a key. Either they’re an accomplice, or the culprit provided a plausible pretext for why they needed the key.

Just for some basic checks, please feel free to deny these simple distractions

At any point, someone entered the room via a method other than a door

The room has a secret entrance.

The room has a window large enough to be used as an entrance.

The airduct or ventilation system is large enough to be used as an entrance.

A curtain or other similarly hung fabric inside the room conceals a passageway not immediately obvious.

1 Like

Let’s make another entirely different theory:
The stabbing was planned by both the culprit and the guy getting stabbed, the first aid was informed later to conceal the time of the stabbing so that the culprit has an alibi for a different incident X.

Ummm… Let me tackle that in a separate post okay?

This did not occur. That is to say that during this gameboard no one has entered the room without using the main door.

If the culprit is a separate person from the victim then the victim did not co-operate with them.