A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

And now just for you @Blackrune

From this point forward I will refer to the remaining employees of the company that are not the victim as A, B, C, D, E and F. I will perform no intentional decpetion involving their names.

D was the only non-staff member who had access to an extra key to open the victim’s door throughout the cruise.

The knife the victim was stabbed with was one from the kitchen, usually only taken out of it’s drawer for meals involving tough meats.

D has never accessed this knife drawer in their life.

Perhaps if you were to remind them of what happened so many, many years and three days ago picto, perhaps they might be able to crack the code~ Its so amusing to see them flail though.

You know this does not pierce Blackrune’s blue. It’s still valid.

Hmmm? Ah

Did I seriously forget that red?

Ugggggggggghhhhh.

One moment.

Not a single member of staff intentionally co-operated with the culprit. This would include being deceived into helping.

The letters on the flags was a code. It reveals the message “Rest has the right to wield the red in my Domain.” I figure just showing how the text on the flags was reached will be sufficient.

NOSPACE: resthastherighttowieldtheredinmydomain
NUMBER: 12312312312312312312312312312312312312

KEYPHRASE: Watase why are you so cool
KEYNOREP: watsehyroucl
KEYFULL: watsehyrouclbdfgijkmnpqvxz

It was encoded with a progressive caesar shift with an alternate alphabet generated with that key. The progression only goes up to 3 though looping back to 1 and then going up again.

NOSPACE: resthastherighttowieldtheredinmydomain
NUMBER: 12312312312312312312312312312312312312
ENCRYPT: oyysreeeohumirhscsjyffeohurfkvnoiupejq

That was how the text on the flags was generated.

Oh yeah

The victim stabbed himself

The victim was not conscious when he was stabbed.

[color=blue]The “victim” is personality who awoke to find himself stabbed, and called first aid. The “culprit” is the alternate personality who stabbed himself.

This is valid with your red that the victim was not conscious.[/color]

Repeat it: The victim was stabbed by another person who knew what they were doing. You wouldn’t seriously give us a mystery that’s a simple accident, would you? Huhuhuhuhu

1 Like

Additionally, in a different location on the ship, a team of university students filmed a fake report on the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers

7 Likes

The “culprit” was the set of curtains that was on the wall for no reason. A knife fell down from the rail, stabbing the victim.

5 Likes

The curtains are not the ‘culprit’. All curtains on the boat are of the same design, and this is the design.

2 Likes

The victim has no split personalities.

I refuse. You have to corner me with a blue first Detective Mage! I’ll play more lax with the others but not with you!

Ohoho, are you serious?

Solid memes.

Someone left a knife glued to the ceiling of the room at some point before the victim went to sleep. It was calculated to fall down sometime during the night.

Too vague. Let me toss some leaves at you, see if you can weave a path through them!

Who did this?

How did they enter his room?

When did they enter his room?

The victim was stabbed through an accident.

The victim had the knife in their room and accidently stabbed themselves without noticing.

The victim was stabbed through Trap X, that is some sort of setup that made the knife move and stab the victim without being used by a person directly.

The victim fell unconscious in their room while holding the knife and the knife fell and stabbed them.

The knife found its way into the room through sheer coincidence and the victim accidently stabbed themselves without noticing. Or the knife stabbed the victim when it entered the room.

The culprit was someone who throws knives around for shits and giggles and one of them happened to get into the victim’s room somehow and stabbed the victim.

I did try to mess with that coded banner text, but there seems to be no shift cypher. (Thought it might be a shift of three.)

Surprised that someone else considered the “Watase --> Root Double” connection too, lol. I wouldn’t necessarily say that that Watase is “cool”, though. If we still consider roots, though…
3 is the square root of 9, cubic root of 27 (the 3 might be the degree of the root). The —

holy fucking shit

ahem
Although the door was “opened” for the medics, that does not require that the door be unlocked personally by the victim! The fourth time the door was unlocked being “as mentioned above” does not refer to the door being open for the medics to come in in the aftermath of the stabbing! The victim locked/unlocked the door for the fourth time before the door was opened for the medics!

D unlocked the door with their extra key for the culprit to enter the room after the victim turned in for the night and locked the door! After the culprit stabbed the victim in the leg, the culprit exited the room and D locked the door behind them!

Nobody else knew that the victim normally woke before daybreak! Hence, no one questioned him waking up after sunrise! Some trivial circumstance kept the victim from using the phone to call medics before daybreak, such as the phone being out of battery or the victim falling back into unconsciousness due to the wound! This is the truth behind the belated call for help!

There is a hole or other method of transportation in the door or in the room that let the attacker stab the victim by dropping or throwing the knife from outside the room!

More shotgunning.

Any of A through F are the culprit.

Any of the staff members is the culprit.

The culprit entered the room during any timespan where it was not locked.

The culprit had an extra key (either because they are a staff member or because they are D, or because D gave them the key) and entered the room at some point. Any point in time works.

The knife was not in the knife drawer when D got the knife.