A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

Suddenly the host of this game stood from his seat. He began circling around the table taking heavy steps with his hard soled shoes.

Click, clack, click, clack.

Then one of the supposed players stood up. He who had been banned from participating on the player team and had been revealed to have the right to use the red in this domain. He began circling around the table in the same direction as the host. He was using a similar walking style, loud steps aided by hard soled shoes.

Click, clack, click, clack.

Eventually their footsteps synced up. They were on opposite ends of the table as they walked.

Then, they spoke.

#None of the

#employees of the company

#worked together

#to commit the stabbing

Does this include unintentional cooperation?

O-Ouch…

#IT DOES. At no point did the actions of one of the employees of the company aid a different employee in committing the stabbing.

This does not include non actions however. So “not looking down a hallway” or “not stealing a key” are still OK.

No logic errors for you~

The victim is an employee of the company, no?

1 Like

I’m still not giving up though. F stole D’s key and let himself into the victim’s room.

F has never stole a thing in their life. Not even a piece of candy as a child!

Then I would like to substitute B as the culprit of the stabbing.

A, B, C, D, E and F are. I’ll also say that the victim was an employee when they boarded the boat.

I’ll keep the catbox of the victim’s current employment status shut a little while longer if you don’t mind.

Oho! Nice to see that you caught on to that!

Tragically, B has never stole a thing in the last 5 years.

Then obviously the B of 6 years ago time traveled and committed the crime./s

You used the blue, and so I must answer.

[color=red]This incident involves no time travel aside from that which most objects usually go under.[/color]

1 Like

I did wonder about the plural way before the main game even began when pictoshark referred to “wielders of red in this domain”. Who else but Restkastel could have been the second person with that authority?

Anyhow, time to contribute something for the cause. Karifean and Antra seem to be taking the “one of the fellow employees is the culprit” -approach, so I suppose I should try something different.

There’s a person on the boat who is not an employee of the design company nor a member of the boat staff. That person, referred to as the assassin, is the culprit. By the time the clock struck 24:00 on the first day, the assassin had already killed one of the employees and thrown him off the boat. Later that night, the assassin attacked the victim. The assassin gained access to the victim’s room by stealing a key or picking the lock. Likewise, the knife the assassin used was stolen.

As for why the assassin’s attack failed so miserably… perhaps he was incompetent. Or some unforeseen circumstance such as a potential witness forced him to leave mid-stabbery. Perhaps the room was pitch black and he assumed the victim was sleeping in his bed the other way around, intending to stab his chest but stabbing his legs instead. Perhaps the assassin suffered from some kind of medical condition and had a fit that forced him to interrupt the murder.

There’s an alternate theory, though. There were two “victims” of that incident. The assassin successfully killed his target - victim A - in “the victim’s room”, and disposed of the body, perhaps through a window. Then, the assassin, for some reason, took victim A’s place and went to sleep on his bed, later stabbing himself, making himself the victim B, and calling the first aid staff to help him. All red truths referring to “the victim” could refer to either victim A or victim B, meaning that it is possible to interpret the reds referring to the victim in a way that does not contradict with this theory.

As for why the assassin would go to such lengths for such a charade, he did it to make the staff think that the bloodstains from the murder were from an accident and thus remain unaware that anyone had been murdered. Since the staff of the boat do not necessarily recognize the employees of the company, the assassin could pretend to be an employee. Naturally, this deception would never go unnoticed by the other employees, but they were in on the plan. They might have done absolutely nothing to actually help the stabbing, but they could cooperate to cover up the murder(s). The first murder performed by the assassin could be dismissed as a tragic accident if there was nothing to indicate the victim didn’t just fall off the boat on his own.

It’s lovely to see you back @midsummer midsummer.

Perhaps you will become known as one of the feared warriors of these boards alongside the likes of Karifean and Restkastel. But for now…

Your theory doesn’t reach.

Not a single person has died as a result of this incident.

I could go further, I could crush it into the sands, but I think I’ll wait. Wouldn’t want to take away from Restkastel’s fun.

And it could be amusing to see you attempt to revise this.

Kuhuhuhuhu…

Oh, one other thing.

The employees have gone on this trip biyearly for a long time. B stole a kitchen knife on a previous company cruise over 5 years ago and used that to commit the murder.

Ah @midsummer, I think you just gave me an idea!

B used a key he stole over 5 years ago to commit the stabbing. This key was eventually replaced with the one under D’s ownership.