A Seasoned Veteran and a Sherlock-in-Training Try to Make Sense of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

I absolutely loved recording this episode. We’ve gotten over the initial shock of the first twilight and get really into the conflict with the culprit. Eva and Hideyoshi’s tender moment together and Kanon’s monologue were scenes i had been waiting for for a while.

Oh boy that’s a lot of different spoilers to respond to I’m glad we provoked so many different trains of thought :stuck_out_tongue:

Ep7 spoilers I wouldn’t be surprised, I wonder if this is one of those ‘treasure chests’ Ryukishi keeps going on about?

full series spoilers this combined with his earlier joke about Shannon and Kanon being the same person leads me to believe he’ll figure it out by the end of Ep4. I just hope the misdirection isn’t too strong for him.

and finally, Ep4 spoilers Heck yes. Felix fully expects every named character so far to pop up at some point later… we better not disappoint :stuck_out_tongue: also, he’s voicing her if I have anything to say about it.

Also, YES I had resolved that at that moment I absolutely must shout Beatrice’s true name as loud as possible. Damn did it feel good.

3 Likes

Yeah that shout was good. I love when you can put a bit more emotion into your acting.

Also Usagi was the one talking about treasure chests, not Ryukishi :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh I thought that was translated from something Ryukishi said, either way.

Yeah I’d like to just be shouting the entire time but a) that would destroy our mic levels and b) I would have to stop every five minutes to recover. I try to peak at scenes which I particularly care about.

Full series spoilers: I have absolute faith that he can easily solve it before Chiru if he plays his cards right. Which he has been doing.

And I can’t wait for EP 4. Heheh~.

This was a really great one. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hey guys, would you look who it is! Me! Jokrono, or Felix

Episode 1 Part 14 coming in hot, a bit late due to some technical difficulties (but we kept it warm in the boiler room).

We have something fun coming up regarding Episode 3 on the forums soon so I’ve finally set up my account. If you have any questions regarding the playthrough, shoot them my way! We’re currently just up to episode 3, second twilight, so I can’t speak on any further than that!

16 Likes

He’s finally here! Let’s give him a warm welcome! I’m personally very excited to have our newest Detective join the forums at long last.

2 Likes

Now that you’re both here, I’d just like to thank you both for recording this fun series and uploading it for our viewing pleasure. I’ve been meaning to reread Umineko for a while now, and this playthrough of yours gives me the perfect framework to do so. As someone who is familiar with the whole story, it is interesting to hear Jokrono’s thoughts on the various fun stuff that happens, especially since his analysis and intuition can be impressively sharp at times. The banter between you two is fun, and genuinely improves the experience for me. I’d much rather watch this playthrough than reread Umineko by myself.

So, once again, thank you for making this. It’s been a delight so far, and I’m sure it will continue to impress in the future.

4 Likes

It’s so fantastic to hear you say that. Both of us are very happy to have such a dedicated audience!

And hey, this is a great way for me to re-experience the story as well, it really is a completely different experience going through with an insightful friend by my side. :winking:

1 Like

Thank you so much, that’s great to hear! Glad to know people are enjoying it! Even though I still have a long way to go it’s impressive to go back in the editing process and discover hidden meaning all over the place. I’m really looking forward to getting more of what we’ve recorded out there because I think it only gets better as things go on :wahaha:

7 Likes

Oh yes it will. And welcome!

2 Likes

Just a couple of days left until our next recording session! The plan is to do a post-edit recap of Episode 1, which will come out alongside the final part of Episode 1. Considering we (should) have finished episode 3 at the time, is there anything you’d like to say about our Episode 1 playthrough, or would you like a shoutout in a video? Let @MagusVerborum and me know!

1 Like

This is your chance to tell Felix how terrible his Eva voice is DON’T LET THIS CHANCE PASS YOU BY.

2 Likes

You guys have been pronouncing Kyrie wrong.

4 Likes

Don’t worry we fixed it exactly when you told us the first time.

…Unfortunately that was 60 hours deep! Don’t worry it infuriates me even now as I edit! :annoyed:

1 Like

We were pronouncing Kairee’s name perfectly though :winking: :blushing:

4 Likes

I need to turn it into a meme

kir_alonghair

Edit: if you want you can take the modified hair to do your own sprites, I don’t mind

7 Likes

I love it <3

1 Like

If this character model makes a poorly-photoshopped appearance in the playthrough at some point you only have yourself to blame, @Aecheritt :wahaha:

It’s fine, tell me if you do :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys! Next part is live now! We’re very close to the end of episode 1 and I am super excited!

We open this session with about 10 minutes of theory making, as I try to figure out what’s happening as we rush towards midnight of the second day. Skip to 10:15 if you really want to get past the theorising, but I think it’s worth a listen.
Perhaps my favourite moment of the video series thus far is 28:30. It really scared me :crying:, watch to the end of the phone call.

Also a fresh reminder that we’ll be recording a post-edit recap of Episode 1 this week, so let us know if there’s anything you want us to cover :smiley: As soon as that episode goes live it’s time to unleash the ep2 spoilers on this chat :cackle:

9 Likes