A Seasoned Veteran and a Sherlock-in-Training Try to Make Sense of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

We also do silly voices.

I embarked a few months ago on a journey with my dearest friend Felix, someone who has never even touched a Visual Novel, to conquer the tale of the Witch’s Golden Illusion. Today I bring you that story.

Will he understand the tale as I do? Will he be blinded by the Witch’s cruel tricks? Will he change his obnoxious Aunt Eva voice to something more bearable? Find out here!

Disclaimer: I cannot confirm or deny the existence of answers, witches, murders, characters, ‘truth’, love, or myself. Please enjoy~

EDIT: To all of you who are excited to talk about theories in the Youtube comment, because there is no spoiler tag we’re using the Rot13 cypher to communicate. So if you’re talking about anything beyond the current part of the episode I would appreciate it if you would use that cypher. It’s super easy to use and helps us keep our videos spoiler safe! Thanks a bunch guys <3

25 Likes

Why does Rosa sound like grandma in her 60s with a squeaky voice :mad:

6 Likes

You know what, I’ll ask her voice actor.

Edit: apparently it’s because she’s Best Mum.

4 Likes

This seems like it’s gonna be a fun ride. I’m excited to watch once I’ve got the time!!

2 Likes

I know the feeling, we’ve been working on the playthrough for a couple months now and only just got the first episode wrapped. Personally I like to listen to this type of video while doing something else, playing a game or having lunch or something. I hope you’ll join us on this emotional roller coaster. :wahaha:

If your friend reacts like that to Kinzo mentioning a contract with the witch, then I can’t wait to see his reaction to EP2.

Also, after coming off the professional voice acting of the PS3 version, these voices are weird as fuck, Ngl.

3 Likes

If there’s one thing I can’t promise it’s good voice acting :stuck_out_tongue: I cannot wait for Gohda’s introduction. It’s the part i was born to play!!! :gohda:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see how he reacts when Beato appears in the end of EP 1…

1 Like

I will NEVER be able to unhear these voices for as long as I live! They’re hilarious! Especially Eva’s, Rosa’s, and Maria’s!!

Looking forward to the next video!!!

4 Likes

Oh man this was hilarious! I love this!

Can’t wait to see more! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I loved watching the first one! You may need to get quicker at reading if you ever hope to finish the first Episode though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We would but it’s the stopping to talk about what we’re reading that makes it so enjoyable for us. I couldn’t imagine a playthrough that didn’t involve us stopping every five seconds to make stupid jokes and/or theorycraft. Hopefully we can speed up the video output per week soon to compensate for our antics.

3 Likes

I’ve never been so excited tbh, this was a blast to watch and listen to, hah.

2 Likes

This is my new favorite thing. I love it. Next episode can’t come out fast enough!

1 Like

@Seraphitic @isofrag

Thanks guys! Expect the next part in two days time, then we’re going to start rolling out some highlights for you all.

5 Likes

Oh would you look at that there’s a part 2 to this play through. Starring everyone’s favourite ladies man.

13 Likes

These are getting better and better! Felix has some hilarious voices (Kinzo and Jessica are surprisingly close to character despite the fact that he knows nothing about them).

I’m never gonna unhear these voices lol. Please, keep these coming! Seriously, you two are super entertaining. I’m really excited for the future ones to come! I wonder who’s gonna voice Beato? :cackle:

2 Likes

We’ll just have to wait and see :wink:

I couldn’t stop laughing at the new one. If the sexual innuendos are making him react this hilariously now, I can’t wait for a couple things later on… :cackle:

4 Likes

I will say, he is way too perceptive for someone who supposedly doesn’t read mystery novels. If he hasn’t figured everything out by the end of Ep4 I’ll be shocked :shock:

3 Likes