Community Spotlight: Jokrono & MagusVerborum's Umineko Playthrough

Today I’d like to draw the spotlight on our very own MagusVerborum’s playthrough of Umineko When They Cry with his good friend Jokrono. Magus, an Umineko veteran is guiding his blind friend and sherlock-in-training Jokrono through Umineko while they comment on the story as they read, and narrate each and every line with silly voices. This kind of content won’t be to everyone’s tastes, but this playthrough has gained a small loyal following on the forum. I’ve found it notable for being one of the few Umineko playthroughs on Youtube to make a serious attempt to analyse and speculate on the story as they read, with some fun commentary along the way. If you enjoy watching the reactions of someone completely new to Umineko (who doesn’t have much interest in Japanese media), with the guidance of a veteran to keep them from focusing on the wrong aspects, then this playthrough should be sweet to the taste. You can check it out above! They’re currently 5 hours into Episode 1, but we’ve been told they already have footage up to the end of Episode 2 recorded, so we have lots of content to look forward to from this playthrough!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/community-spotlight-jokrono-magusverborums-umineko-letsplay/
8 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout! The idea was originally inspired by Rokkenjima’s own Tea Partys and I’m happy to see people from the site supporting what we’re doing. We still have a long way to go and having you guys make the journey with us is great for morale. :wahaha:

10 Likes

These are actually really good videos, the sound quality is great, the commentary is pretty hilarious and it seems that they are excited for the mysteries . I can’t wait for the reactions to some revelations later on.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying the videos! Be sure to also come join the discussion deeper in the forums if you’re interested. I can’t wait to get to editing some of the things we’ve seen later on, let alone upload them :ryukishi:

2 Likes