A Seasoned Veteran and a Sherlock-in-Training Try to Make Sense of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

This is only the opening of the game. The tip of the iceberg. I pray that the rest of our battle is pleasant for the both of us. :cackle:

3 Likes

Really like the series so far, hope you guys end up going the entire series. There is just something great about watching/listening to someone who is almost completely blind to Umineko go through it for the first time.

5 Likes

Don’t worry we will! Felix is just being drawn more and more into the rabbithole that is Umineko. We might also see if we can do Higurashi at some point but no promises! I’m glad you’re enjoying the playthrough as much as we are. :wahaha:

3 Likes

I didn’t watch (yet) but did you Kairee it? Haha

Haha, no not part 15, but it’s coming soon, you’ll just have to watch and find out :ryukishi:

Alright then I will :ryukishi:

Next video is live! The finale of Episode 1. Up next is two recap videos we’ll be releasing simultaneously, one from when we recorded, and one from when we were editing. I’m super excited to get the later stuff out there because it only gets better. I hope you all enjoy!

Also coming soon: a special theory video from episode 3 which we’re fast-tracking to Rokkenjima.org exclusively, as a thanks for those of you who are keeping up here :ryukishi:

10 Likes

This episode was an absolute delight to record, I can neither confirm or deny the existence of any exploded expectations. I also get my debut as the objectively best character in anything ever.

4 Likes

43:24 "I believe this is Red Dread."
No, that’s actually Prison Strip. I’m sure Red Dread appears in EP2. First Kairee, now this? You have failed us Veterans for the last time!

4 Likes

@MagusVerborum tells me often of how much he loves the soundtrack but I’m fairly certain every track is just “dancing pipe” to him at this point.

7 Likes

I think the raptor-esque screeching I made upon seeing that this was uploaded might pose significant harm to my throat.
I could use some lemon and ginger tea.

Sometimes it feels like half of this series is just dirty jokes.

EP 7 Spoilers: We know the narration during the main story is written by Sayo, but perhaps the narration for this Tea Party was written by Beato after everything was said and done, and all the little jabs at Battler were more like friendly jokes? That’d be cute.

General Chiru Spoilers post-EP 5: Fun drinking game, take a shot every time Battler says something like “I won’t ever forgive you” or describes Beato as being unlovable/heartless. Then laugh because oh how the tables turn…

Love how Felix just sorta died for a while near the end of the ???

Also, lovely to see the waifu’s entrance at last. :cackle:

3 Likes

Red Dread appears the first time in EP2 indeed, when the witch appears to Shannon, George and Gohda in the chapel to be more precise!

1 Like

I love you guys but I reeeeally hope Magus stops pronouncing the cackles as “cacklecacklecackle”

1 Like

Don’t worry I laid in to him about it after the episode and he learned well. His performance as we go on is fucking amazing :ryukishi:

I did find it particularly amusing when Magus told me “but I don’t know how to cackle”, my response was “DID YOU HEAR YOURSELF DURING THE CREDITS?!”

2 Likes

We all make mistakes babe <3 :ryukishi:

3 Likes

Hm, Are you sure? I thought it first shows up when Rosa, Genji, Gohda, Kanon & Shannon enter the chapel to find the first twilight victims?

…so, Beatrice sounds like particularly giddy Gohda.

Well.

11 Likes

Jesus Christ, why would you do something like that

4 Likes

The witch this island deserves, just not the one it needs right now :ryukishi:

4 Likes

Oh my god that’s beautiful.