Announcing the Closure of Rokkenjima.org

A Short Letter to the People of Rokkenjima

This community was born right around the beginning of what has been the busiest period in my life, so I am very sorry to say that I dont know most of you very well. Even so, without Rokkenjima, it’s unlike I ever would have put even the limited amount of time I have into what have already become some of my all-time favorite stories. And for that I thank each and every one of you.

I have worked closely with @Aspirety in the past. He works his butt off every single day for his dream which he has manifested through these communities, with seemingly endless motivation. His vision was so huge and fantastic, it was only natural that people would disagree on some points. But for every person who has left, look how many have stuck by him!

I am sorry I was not able to help you fulfill your dream, Aspi. I truly hope that, despite such daunting setbacks, you will never, never give up. You are a truly inspiring person.

Love,
Yerian

14 Likes

I made this thing btw

15 Likes

It’s been a short time for me, with not a lot done, but if I understand that a forum is hard to keep running for very long. I enjoyed the lurking, thanks for what time I had on here.
It was an aspiration of mine to catch up to the discussion and participate in a tea party, but considering that my spring semester starts soon, I don’t quite have the time to dedicate myself to rushing through chapters 6 and 7 of Umineko. I’m sorry I couldn’t get quite involved with the community as I had hoped. You did good work Aspirety

4 Likes

I know I haven’t been around for too long, but it really made me happy to see a forum like this exist once I was told about it. I just finished Umineko at the time, and I didn’t really know anyone who even remotely cared for it. So when I found out about this site, I was pretty ecstatic to talk about Umineko stuff with everyone here (even if I didn’t get to talk that much). Just knowing that I could talk about it with people who actually cared was more helpful than anything.

With that, I do wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. At this point, since I’m still kinda new-ish, the only thing I can do is thank you for bringing a community like this to life.

6 Likes

I am sad to see this happen. I know I didn’t post so much in the forums, but I enjoyed reading all the theories and discussions from the shadow and musing about them on my own, while admiring the analytical skills of you all. Rokkenjima was also the place where I got all my 07th Expansion related news. It was a bit like Animesuki forums revived - except more welcoming and with fresh perspectives. I will certainly miss this community.

5 Likes

Animesuki left a bad taste in my mouth. They did not want discussions for anime/manga if not recent. They would not just let us be either they decided to lock every thread for Higurashi.:crying:

7 Likes

Oh…
:blushing:

6 Likes

Jesus Christ, I go and do other stuff for some time and is what I come back to?

Anyway, even though I’ll miss this site alot, I’ll respect this decision. I’ve never been able to get this involved in a online community so thanks. Thanks for all the memories this site has given me over the whole year.

8 Likes

I don’t really know what I can say that I haven’t already said on Discord, or that hasn’t already been said by someone else. I might’ve only been here for two months or so, but it’s been great. Wherever the community ends up going from here, I’ll be sure to tag along.

Thanks for everything you’ve done for us, Aspi. <3

8 Likes

I wish I had found this forum earlier, but sometimes good things must come to an end. I respect the decision. Well I hope for the best for the creator(s) of this forum and fellow members.

6 Likes

I’m so sad… I had been hoping to work my energy back to interacting on here soon, but I missed this announcement until now! :pensive: I wasn’t a part of the community for very long, and took quite a long hiatus after I started working again, but the little time I spent here with everyone was so great I have no regrets. It was nice to have a 07th community to come back to every now and then, and it’ll be sad to see it go. :broken_heart: But I do understand this decision and I applaud all the hard work that went into Rokkenjima these past couple years. Aspi needs a well deserved rest from this, and I hope we can all still stay together in other ways after this! I love 07th and I’m always wanting to find others who do too! Thank you for the opportunity to meet everyone here, I know we’ll meet again in another fragment! :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I wasn’t able to contribute nearly as much as I would’ve liked, but I’ll just say thank you so much for all the work that was put into creating this community. As someone who was deeply impacted by Umineko and carried that on my own for many years, seeing such a lively and thriving community built upon it gives me great joy.

I really hope a new 07th community pops up somewhere.

10 Likes

Rest in fragile pieces :fearful:
Undeniably a bittersweet shame to see this site come and go, take and leave.
Like Petőfi Sándor’s Füstbe Ment Terv (Plans Gone Up In Smoke) we receive some allegorical food for thought.
Indeed many heartfelt thanks were given here and there, and as such life goes on as it should.
Even if one feels most activity was concentrated within the secret Discord group, which I used to be a part of, the forums had some on-going merit for them, for which Aspirety and his friends deserves all respect.
With words of Palpatine, I bid my farewells to this community: There is still life in it.

7 Likes

I have lurked on Rokkenjima since around the time it was made and I’m incredibly thankful for it. I’m posting because it would be a shame if I never posted even once, so here goes nothing.

Umineko is a story I hold very dear to me so I’m grateful to have seen others discuss a work I enjoy with even more passion than I have. The podcasts were all a joy to listen to I plan to continue listening to them again in the future. I would like to thank everyone who posted here for letting me see the thoughts of both the people who know the ins and outs of Umineko and those who are only reading it for the first time.

Finally, I would like to thanks Aspirety for running Rokkenjima. I only really know you from listening to Rokkenjima and Kazamatsuri podcasts, but allow me to express gratitude for hosting this forum for the past two years I’ve lurked here.

7 Likes