Ask a 07th Expansion fan!

Thanks for the quick responses. I’ll continue my search for either someone who has tested this patch on The Best or just for a version of Last Season I could buy instead.

@soggysadboi confirmed back in September that the patch does indeed work, but reverts to Last Season version like @Karifean said.

2 Likes

Does anyone know whether the last three Higurashi manga arcs (Utsutsukowashi, Kokoroiyashi, Hirukowashi) were translated for sale in the west? Doesn’t look like it but I wanted to be sure.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure they never were.

1 Like

What’s up with this new When They Cry series? I’ve been gone from here for quite a few months and have missed all of this, can anybody provide a link or something to some page that has the details or just explain it to me themselves?

This is all we’ve got so far, there’s some more info in the comments of that post. In case it doesn’t say it there, it’s meant to come out this year!

Ah, thanks for the info, Rika. Still seems to be very lacking in details though, but I’m excited. Speaking of, has a release date been confirmed yet or it’s just set for release this year for now?

I don’t expect it to release this year. IIRC the announcement was that it would start being developed this year, not that it would be released this year.

2 Likes

Is anyone aware of the Japanese console-exclusive Higurashi arc Miotsukushi Omote being online anywhere in some form (transcript, video etc.)? Or does anybody own it who’d be willing to share? There are some parts I’d like to see translated and I have someone who could potentially do it if I only had the actual material. :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe it’s on the list of arcs 07th Mod plan to translate at some point, so give it time! I fully intend to do a Tea Party on it when it’s released!

You can vote on which arc they’ll do after Kageboshi here: https://strawpoll.com/ee8gge6

But personally I’d rather they do some of the other arcs before getting to Miotsukushi.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m aware! Just impatient and worried in the worst case the project will die :’) I’m kind of surprised people aren’t most interested in Miotsukushi actually, it’s a lot lower than I expected.

I think my preferred order would be Someutsushi > Kageboshi > Tokihogushi > Yoigoshi > Miotsukushi Omote > Ura > Kotohogushi > Taraimawashi > Tsukiotoshi.

And then Hajisarashi I guess :pukuku:

2 Likes

There is not an Umineko Tsubasa thread as far as I’m aware, but I wanted to ask, is it fine to read Tsubasa without having finished Umineko? Now, as everybody here knows, I don’t care about spoilers and have pretty much spoiled myself on everything, but still, one should read Umineko for themselves to have full knowledge about it and fully understand it, so is it fine to read Tsubasa without being clear on all Umineko plot points? I gather that it also was released whilst the manga was still running, so it’s fine, I guess?

From what I have read of Tsubasa, it is a collection of short side stories. I don’t think it would be too much of a spoiler if you went ahead and read it before finishing Chiru, as you have finished Episode 7, correct?

I think as long as you’ve made it to at least Episode 6, you’ll be fine! I’ve not finished Tsubasa myself but the stories are more of an additive, usually entirely unrelated to the next.

Oh, I see. Well, I might as well go and read it, I suppose.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure some of those stories rely on Episode 7 knowledge though…

Earlier she stated she finished EP7.
Link is to Umineko EP7 spoiler-free discussion topic, for anyone wondering.

Oh fair enough then

How does installing the Github Patch work? I installed the Onikakushi patch and I think it may have crashed on me or something-all I know is that two error codes came up and the patch download stopped running.

I, I really don’y know what I’m doing here, haha.
Lemme see if using the manual installation is better…
Muy, I really have zero idea what I’m doing

Which method are you trying to use to install it? I found the automatic method to be really good (as long as your anti virus doesn’t tag it) but they should have a link to a guide you can follow regardless of which you use