Black Desert Online

I’ve been looking for a new MMO to sink my teeth into after feeling like all of the MMOs I’ve been playing are too boring and samey, and I’ve really found myself getting invested in Black Desert Online. It feels like it breaths new life into the genre with it’s exciting action-based combat, immersive world with deep player-driven economic systems, and just a fresh vibe all around. As with all MMOs, it’s kinda lonely to play alone, but thankfully I’ve found a couple of people from Rokkenima to play with. Though 3 or 4 people is a pretty small number for a guild!

So I was wondering, do any of you play Black Desert Online, and would you be interested in joining us? We’re playing on the North American server at the moment.

3 Likes

I’ve of course been playing with @Aspirety and @Rabla, but if anyone is a bit hesitant to for over the 10$, there’s a few ways to try the game. If you don’t mind not playing through steam, you can try the game for free for a week, I can give some codes out if anyone’s interested, but I don’t know if they give any advantage, since you can also just sign up on the website.
Do note if you plan to get the game through steam, it’s a different account system, so you can’t use a trial account with the steam version, just something to note.
Picture of me and @Rabla sailing on a fishing boat, since that was plenty of fun~

3 Likes

How often do you guys play? I assume you’re playing casually, I don’t think I could handle the competitive grind of an MMO right now.

Just casually yeah, I play every day myself for a bit, the others… every now and then, just when we have time mostly.

1 Like

looks at the required specs
dies
$10 for the game but $800 for the computer capable of running it

3 Likes

Just one more question: What classes are you guys playing? Figure i’ll pick something that’s in demand rather than being the 5th Witch on the team :stuck_out_tongue:

I main Witch and am very much liking Striker, which I’m leveling on the side. Aspi is leveling a Musa, and Rabla is leveling a Tamer.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll probably jump on one of the beefy-looking classes then. A Dark Knight, Warrior or Berserker looks like a fun time ~

1 Like

Join voice or ask in discord when you’re in if you want to join the guild~

1 Like

Because I live in Australia it’s going to take me 24 hours or so to download, I’ll send out a call when I’m ready!

I’m Australian too, so no worries! I have NBN though, so not long for me haha.

1 Like

I’ll try it out as well but my internet is crap so I have no idea if I’ll be able to play at all. Hoping for the best!

1 Like

Also just to note, this weekend it’s double combat EXP, so might be a good time to have a shot~

1 Like

After looking through a few things, I found out how to go and do a world boss, and downed my first one, only one death too. Sadly not too good loot, but it’ll do!

2 Likes

What level do you need to be to participate in those?

50 as it turns out, you just need around 120+ DP and 100+ AP for the easy ones.

2 Likes

After farming all day… it has been done.
I managed to buy my premium outfit off the market, AND get to level 56 to get my awakening weapon, truly a glorious day in BDO today.

A new feature is being added to BDO after today’s maintenance, a co-op wave based mode! Surprised to see something like this, but the potential rewards are very good, I’ll have to try it myself:

2 Likes

Ooooh neat!

We should try this as a guild sometime