Cirno Roulette - Game I - [Over] ANTRA VICTORY

“All of the pukey puddle, yes. Every last drop of the gunk I so helpfully cleaned off your shoe. With your tongue, obviously. And down your throat too.”

Really, is that all?

“…Well, if you insist, try and say ‘I’m sorry for my insolence, Zepfur-sama. I’ll never be so foolish as to doubt you again.’ between licks.”

Zepfur paused.

“Oh, and just to make sure this all goes well, let me add a stipulation. Don’t try and cheat your way out of the spirit of the favour. I tire of wordplay and sealing up possible ways of weedling out of things.”

The sorcerer smirked, fidgeting with the still glowing blue spear in his chest.

“If my knowledge of my body is correct…”

An incredibly pained looked crossed his faces as he maneuvered the spear about in it’s wound. Sweat dripped from his forehead between gasps for air which all invariably held an undercurrent of withheld screams.

Blood oozed from the wound which would surely create quite the magnificent pool on the ground were it not for it fading away as it did so.

Whatever the Sorcerer was trying was clearly not worth the entry price. He was inflicting unimaginable pain upon himself, so much so that it would surely have just been worth it to tackle the penalty in a more orthodox manner.

However the Sorcerer’s pride refused. He couldn’t allow himself to lose, he couldn’t let things go the way his opponent expected them to. On top of that was a perverse curiosity, he was somewhat enraptured with the question of “Am I capable of this?”.

Eventually he smiled and stopped what to everyone present had practically looked like self torture.

“My concepts of gag reflex and taste have been temporarily destroyed.” he boasted through a pained smile. “This’ll be just like drinking a glass of milk now.”

The observers could scarcely tell if they were looking at a madman or a genius, all likely walking away with a renewed appreciation for the idiom regarding the thin line between the two things.

Many looked away as the “cleaning” begun, as it reminded them too much of what had preceded it.

1 Like

Hmph. He’s got a lot more willpower than I would have expected.

With a strange mix of spite, irritation and… amusement(?!), Zepfur proceeded to step on the sorcerers head. I suppose if one’s pride wasn’t available for stepping on, their head was another good bet. Grinding her shoe against his skull, she hoped to at least slightly make up for his lack of taste.

“Hey, Masochister. Don’t forget to say your line while you’re at it.”

And with that the Sorcerer broke out into uproarious laughter. “Are you irritated?” he asked after he regained control of his vocal chords.

“Are you angry that by all rights you should be the victor here, and yet your spotlight has been stolen, the camera has shifted away and people barely even care about the penalty you gave me now? I suppose that would explain the part of your body atop my head. People always resort to the physical once they are beaten in the social or the intellectual.”

He stood up having finished cleaning up everything, still somewhat uneven on his feet from the pain even though his chest wound had been healed by now.

“Oh right, you asked me to say something, isn’t that correct?”

The sorcerer leant in to the demon’s face their noses almost touching. A smirk played across his face.

“‘Your. Line.’”

1 Like

“…Actually, I was trying to fix your head considering you think stabbing yourself is better than eating something unpleasant, let alone the fact that you’re weirdly smug about it. You’ve got some screws loose, you know that, right?”

Zepfur shrugs. You wouldn’t be able to see a trace of any kind of irritation on her face.

But, deep down, she’s just a slightly teeny weeny bit miffed. And below that, buried even deeper, just a slight bit more excited. Those with pride are the ones who make the nicest splatter when they fall.

“But I have to commend you. That last bit was almost cool, in a bratty-cheeky and kind of obvious in retrospect way…”

The sorcerer smirked at the praise swearing to investigate the home fragment of his newly gained rival once he got home.

He held out his hand and the previously dropped gun from earlier flew into his hand at a very particular angle.

Just as he expected Box #7 was knocked towards him by his weapon as it took it’s recall path. And so he reached down and opened it wanting to hustle along with the game already.

@UsagiTenpura

1 Like

Hmm… Looking over the rounds so far, 6 has exploded three times and 5 has exploded twice. Of course, 6 was safe this time. Actually… Now that I think about it, we’ve just seen 5 and 6 go off… Could that make this turn a 7? Hehehe… Wouldn’t that be nice.

Hmm… There are still half the boxes left, but (considering that three have been empty) I guess that means I have a 1/5 chance of picking the right box.

That said, what are the chances that 5 would appear- No, wait. That’s the gamblers fallacy. Haaa… There really is no strategy to this game.

Zepfur shakes her head and picks up Box 5, but doesn’t open it yet.

1 Like

With a crash, the right leg buckles and the golem falls to one knee. It pushes itself back up using its unbreakable axe as a prop. It stamps its leg to make a crater, with rocks and debris flying in front of it, and with a punch the largest of the rocks shatters into many spikes that litter the area.

The golem stays standing, waiting for a response. Its size and bulk prevents it from crossing the fissure itself, so it instead waits.

2 Likes

FlareNetworkC has opened #03
Cookie inside
…Nothing fancy for you.

pictoshark has opened #07 seemingly glad to have gained a new rival
Lucky you, there is an actual cookie inside.
It’s delicious, I assure you.
What a great victory!

…Oh, you also get to live.

@zepfur You didn’t @ me you baka!

@King_Titanite_XV @Karifean
Your turns to have fun with your duel, but don’t delay the game too long~

1 Like

Well we’re not delaying the game, the duel is outside the bakery after all

1 Like

“What’s the wait for? Do you really think that the situation will change if you stand around doing nothing?”

1 Like

(I was secretly complaining about Karifean being away)

But just a reminder that whenever either of you picks up a box, the round will enter it’s end for now.

“Hmm… Hmmm…”

Zepfur feels they’re forgetting something important. Like, writing @UsagiTenpura in their post or something like that.

She tilts her head from side to side. No, no. That can’t be it. I mean, what post, for a start? This isn’t some game being run on a forum!

Oh well.

Finally, she makes up her mind and opens the box of truth and maybe explosions…

2 Likes

Kuhuhu! Can’t wait much longer can you?

Zepfur has opened #05 shamelessly breaking the fourth wall while at it
Lucky you, there is an actual cookie inside.
It’s delicious, I assure you.
What a great victory!

…Oh, you also get to live.

You two get to live to fight of at least one more round!

Michael’s expression does not change. He coolly looks around, observing the landscape and quickly considering what would make for the best route to close the distance. Finally, he starts walking towards his target, gathering energy from around him. Finally, he grinds to a halt. “Deus Ex Machinanipah” he chants as his legs begin glowing. And then in one swift movement, he launches into the air, the ground below him crumbling from the sheer force of his jump. His target: none other than the golem itself.

3 Likes

The golem meets the charge with a two-handed swing of his axe. A ring of wind like a shockwave emanated from the impact point of the blade and the warrior.
It was a good thing the machination was so large, for this wave was above the roof of the bakery itself. The few trees and buildings that were hit by it were cleft in two cleaner than any cut made by man or machine.
Time seemed to freeze, before the iron golem fell backwards from the clash’s force, landing on his back and actually bouncing slightly before it ceased moving…

For around five or ten seconds, it seemed that the armor wouldn’t stand again, but it slowly rose, some of its joints creaking if one listened carefully enough. Sitting up, it laid its axe down and slowly dusted itself off, before standing to its full height, turning to its opponent and giving a bow, before sitting on the ground again, worn out and clearly not up for more battling for now.

For winning this duel, you’ve earned the right to choose which box you want the golem to open!..
…not that it matters, since whatever box you choose will dictate which box it opens as well. Oh well. Maybe there will be a different prize it can give you later.

2 Likes

Michael returns a bow of his own. He then quickly heads into the bakery and comes back out with Box 2 hovering slightly above his right hand. He presents it to the golem. “'Twas a great fight, Kamerad… mii.”

2 Likes

The golem takes its axe, and methodically cuts the presented box (box 2) open.

Oh yeah almost forgot @UsagiTenpura