Comiket 92 (Summer 2017)

Hello Everyone.

Comiket is a little over a week away. August 11, 12 and 13. Time for Doujins, fan-works, and who knows what else in the sea of fragments.

Is anyone else from these boards going to be in Japan to attend the event? Any juicy 07the Expansion releases to look for? Cool Doujin circles I should try to get merch from? Hints and survival tips for a first-time attendee?

5 Likes

There has been a lot of hints towards a new release in the ā€œWhen They Cry,ā€ series.

2 Likes

I am going to miss it, my trip to japan is for the end of August. I would not mind at all meeting up with any board members well in Tokyo though.

1 Like

Its umineko 10 year anniversary I guess there will be a lot of stuff

1 Like

I do wonder about this. I know Ryukishi said production begins in 2017, but does ā€˜productionā€™ mean ā€˜releaseā€™ or does it simply mean that theyā€™re going to start working on it? >< Iā€™m glad we wonā€™t be in suspense much longerā€¦

1 Like

I think he means creating it, but you can bet that heā€™s making it right now and probably has some form of teaser for comiket this year

3 Likes

I sure hope so, you can never have enough WTC in your life.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I donā€™t speak Japanese, so it is going to be a long time before Iā€™ll get to experience the next piece of WTC.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way WTC5 Part 1 is just going to release unannounced next weekend

3 Likes

Yeah, either way, we are sure to find out soon.

Though with that said, itā€™s not impossible that the series will be announced/previewed this week and begin release at the December Comiket. ^^
Out of curiosity, when was Umineko announced? Was it at the December 2006 Comiket where Higurashi Rei was released, or was it between Comiket 71 and 72? Not asking for any particular reason, Iā€™m just curious and want to learn more about When They Cry historyā€¦ >.>

Well, judging from the recent tweets posted on the 07th expansion web page, the big news is there is a web based preview for the new Iwaihime game, but no mention of WtC. I will keep my eyes open for 07th Expansion at the comiket and report back anything I find, but the lack of a blatant COME VISIT US AT OUR BOOTH banner on their page means it will take Bernkastel to find the possibility. :bern: Still, a proper detective doesnā€™t give up before they check for all the clues they can find. :push: No one can declare my incompetence in red. :sweating::cackle:

3 Likes

Just a quick update, I found a lot of cool stuff at Comiket, but nothing 07th expansion related Iā€™m afraid. Latest tweet from 07th expansion official roughly translates that Ryukishi did not attend and has been locking himself away to work on his current project, I think. Thatā€™s the impression Google translate gives me anyway.

Still, I gained some valuable XP in how to Comiket, and if he shows himself at Winter Comiket I hope to be able to use what I have learned. Also, merch.

3 Likes