Countries / Places You'd Like To Visit

What are some places you’d like to visit or go on vacation to? Personally I’d like to visit Canada to visit someone and go see Mexico if I’m able to. Other than that, long term I’d like to see Australia, Japan, and maybe India.

Also if relevant, you can talk about places you’ve already visited. I’ve never left the US and have only really made the jump to Washington DC, South Carolina, and Florida (as well as connected states, but mostly for travel).

4 Likes

I’d really love to visit Germany, Iceland, and most of the other Scandinavian countries! Mostly for my interest in castles, the architecture, and Norse mythology. Id also love to visit Egypt of course to see the old pyramids and temples - and Greece and Italy for similar reasons

Im from Canada and have been to the States, namely Florida, Missouri, Illinois, Washington (state), Ohio, North Carolina, and California. (Mainly to see friends, or spiritual reasons). The only country outside of the States Ive been to is Japan! But I want to see more of the world.

3 Likes

I would definitely love the visit all the places that have a lot of history to them, especially many ruins all over the world, different shrines, temples, etc. Maybe visit countries like Finland, Norway or Iceland to witness the beautiful northern lights and enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

Ideally, I would simply go on a journey around the world lol.

2 Likes

I’m not big on traveling, but if I had to choose somewhere I would say I would like to go to England anf Japan. Japan because of course I would, that’s where most of the entertainment that I am interested in comes from. I never really understand why I want to go to England but if I had to venture a guess it would be for the general style of it. I have always enjoyed both looking at pictures of downtown Londan, it just seems interesting I guess

There was a time where I wanted to see parts of the world for the history they have (so pretty much ruins and stuff), but that kinda changed over the years. Dunno why. These days, my travel interests really just coincide with me wanting to meet people I know from the internet, so at some point I wanna go to Austria to visit @Karifean or go to Canada to visit @UsagiTenpura, to name some examples. The group from Australia also seems pretty chill, so that’d be another option.

1 Like

Hmm, let’s see… Aside from my native Greece, I’ve traveled to some places in Europe, not that much: Italy, Germany, Austria, Spain and France. As for North America, I’ve been to just a few of the states: New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Pennsylvania.

Unfortunately, I still haven’t visited anywhere in Asia nor Australia and such. I’d maybe like to visit Africa, but aside from Egypt, I don’t know much about the other countries in it, though I have been fascinated by Egyptian history and culture since I was very young and would love to visit it. South America, I’m not really interested in. Anyhow, as you can see from my travels, I very much like travelling around Europe, well, maybe also cause it’s where I’m from, but I truly like European history and culture. I’d like to visit almost all countries, Poland, Hungary, The Czech Republic, Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Denmark, Russia and the United Kingdom. The one I want to go to the most now though, is the United Kingdom, because I love it so much and I potentially want to live there in the future. I’d also like to see more of my native Greece as I haven’t travelled much of it, actually. And I’d like to revisit the countries I’ve visited too, of course, visit new cities and revisit the ones I’ve already visited. As for Asia, I’d want to go to Japan, India, China and Russia. The US, I’m not much interested in either, but I’d like to visit Washington DC. And Canada too, namely Toronto.

My love for travel comes from my love of history and culture, I suppose, that’s what I want to see of a country I visit, the historical places and anything related to its arts and culture, and anywhere interesting. :earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia:

3 Likes

Same, though in my case instead of Austria it’s Germany to meet @VyseGolbez, @Blackrune and many others. Maybe we should all meet up at the Gamescom next year~?

I’ve never been too big into traveling, tbh. Nowadays my travels would probably be restricted to less than a week long (unless the destination happens to be Japan). I do so hate missing out on things while I’m away.

2 Likes

I’ve visited Japan a few times, but I’d love to meet my friends in the UK and US someday~

1 Like

I’ve been all over the US, and I’ve driven through Canada. I’d like to see more of the world–maybe Japan? Germany? Portugal? The Mediterranean? Of course, I wouldn’t want to go alone. The thought of being a foreigner in an unfamiliar country (even if just as a tourist) has always made me feel super intimidated.

2 Likes

Let’s see, places I’ve visited… Ukraine, Georgia (the country), Spain for some weekends… And in a month I’m going to visit Chile to visit my bf!
I also wish I could explore more around here in Portugal, but it’s boring when you don’t have company.
As for places I’d like to visit… hm… I would like to visit Japan, not only for weeb reasons but also to check out the culture and… okay I wanna see places with cherry blossoms, and pretty places in general, I’m an aesthetic trash…
I also wanna visit some of the places where my friends live, mostly to visit them an hang out.
I wanna travel around in general, try new food, see new sights, or see old sights with my own two eyes… But that’s really expensive, and I’m not sure when in my lifetime I would be able to afford to spend on such a wish :mii:
But hey, I’m kind of well traveled already, so I don’t have much to complain about in this regard, haha

2 Likes

Japan, Italy, China, France, Spain, and Argentina are all on my wishlist.

As for countries I haven’t visited I think it is UK. But as for places in countries I’ve alreaded been to I’d really like to visit the WtC places in Japan (i.e. Shirakawa-go and Kyu-Furukawa Gardens)

1 Like

My top priority would be to go visit Japan, I’d certainly want to visit at least a few times to see as much as I could! Other than that though, I have an interest in visiting the UK at the very least, my family has been there and they said it’s quite nice.

Well, my best friend is from Germany, and one day we hope to live together and support each other, so I’ll say Germany. Other than that, who wouldn’t want to go to Japan? Haha. I’d like to go to many places, Australia and Canada too.

3 Likes

I really want to go back to Japan. I did a study abroad there when I was in college, but I would love to be there just for pleasure. I was there for 7 months, but the way the program was and my personality is I spent most of time in my dorm room studying. I want to see and do more next time I go.

I also really always liked the idea of going on an architectural tour of Europe. Besides some vague notions of foods I want to try from their source country, the wealth of historic and modern architecture in Europe is one of the things I am most interested in experiencing, and it would provide a good backbone to organize a trip around.

2 Likes

I’ve seen parts of Europe (Germany, a tiny bit of Austria and France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania) + Turkey (both European and Asian side), but it had always been my dream to visit Australia (both for the unusual fauna and to see the Sydney Opera House). I’d also love to go to UK (might take a trip there before Brexit is reinforced), northern Europe, South Africa (for a safari), Egypt (to see the pyramids) and maybe Japan and US as well (both just out of curiosity).

4 Likes

How cool, what cities did you visit, Aspirety? Or just Tokyo, though that’s probably not the case, with you having visited it a few times and all…

Well I’ve visited two times now, and sadly I didn’t have enough money to leave Tokyo. Well I went to Yokohama, does that count?

Um, well, I suppose it does. How was Tokyo, though? And how was Yokohama?