Devil's Playground - Game 1 [Solved]

Also I was piggybacking on your one where he said he was running out of room. I was just trying to find where he would break at

Welp I guess I have to move my line of questioning.
Ethan was shot from outside the room say through a keyhole or other small hole into the room

Or

There was a trap set up in the room beforehand and Ethan eventually tripped the trap killing him. The trap was then collected after Suzan opened the door

Also two confirmations
The study cannot be fully locked without a living person inside, it does not matter if they die afterwards
Ethan died instantly

No gun exists that can fit through a small hole like that.

Ethan was killed while looking directly into the eyes of the murderer. Of course, he could not see someone’s eyes through a keyhole.

I will confirm your statements.

The study cannot be fully locked without a living person inside, it does not matter if they die afterwards. Ethan died instantly.

Are there any other entraces into the room other than the door and the windows? An entrance being a portal outside the room that a human can fit through

No entraces to the study exist outside the ones listed in the narration.

Confirm definition
The study refers to all rooms connected behind the locked door, this being should I remember correctly the study itself, the bedroom, and the bathroom

Also, The door is made in such a way as to allow the door to be “locked” while still open. As soon as the door is then shut, it then fully locks itself. Using this the murderer was able to create the locked room.

This is a bit silly of me to ask, but to clarify on this red and in conjugation with the opening paragraph text here :

"The one problem Ethan had with his house was its enormous size, and the upkeep it required. In addition to the normal size of a mansion, he had many accommodations built into his private quarters: a study, a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, a dining room and even a guestroom. He was determined to live his life in comfort. It was also designed to have only one door to the study, and from there you could open a door to any of the other rooms.

The other rooms refer to only the study, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and guest room correct. In other words the “servant’s room” is not part of the “other rooms” mentioned in the above paragraph?

Abdul opened the door to the study and killed Ethan while Abdul was outside the study and Ethan was inside. Abdul then entered the study and hid in a different room connected to it. Susan opens the door and leaves hysterical, Abdul uses this to leave the room and the study, Seth sees Abdul leaving the study and the corpse of his father, so he killed Abdul and put him on the closet.

Yeah I was thinking this, which is why I want to clarify what the connected rooms exactly entailed.

Yeah we all realized that at about the same time

I refuse.

I already denied the existence of an auto lock.

Correct. The "other rooms refer to the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and guest room"

Abdul never stepped inside the study on that day.

The culprit, Julia, killed Ethan in the study, that is the space in which Ethan died. Julia locked the door and hid in one of the connected rooms (ie: the bathroom). One of Julia’s accomplices then killed Abdul and stuffed him in the closet

Not asking about an auto-lock I am asking about a lock that after someone turns the knob that “locks” the door that it after closing stays locked. IDK how to explain it really, my bedroom door has can be locked while the door is open, the door can then still be shut after it has been locked. You still have to manually lock the door but you do not have to be in to finish locking it

Then let’s say Julie killed Ethan and Abdul, put Abdul in the closet and hid in a room connected to the study until Susan opened it. Ethan was killed while he was still inside the study, and Julie was outside it, they could have been staring at each other from the opened door.

Julia did not hide in the bathroom. Abdul was not killed by someone other than Julia

The door must be closed in order to lock it

Where did she hide, specifically?

Julia killed Ethan in the study, locked the entrance to the study and hid in the kitchen The kitchen in Julia’s alibi referred to the one in the study space. Julia killed Abdul earlier and stuffed him the closet

3 Likes

She could be hidden in the bathroom, the bedroom, the dining room, the kitchen, or the guestroom. Also, she doesn’t necessarily has to be hidden, given there are blind spots from the study, she could be in one of those. Also the only condition she has to obbey so far is that she can’t have been in the study at 3:45, so I present all of this places where she could have been at that time while maintaining the closed room.

Well done Farispie for getting the final answer, though it was definitely a group effort. Yes, Julia’s alibi mentions she “went back to the kitchen” referring to the one in the private quarters, not the one that most would have assumed.

Congratulations, you have passed our first test. Sadly, my vampire associate has been defeated, but there are more and harder puzzles in store for you as the path in the Playground continues. You will all be called when the next game is going to commence. Until then, enjoy your time off.

• Aligias
2 Likes

Yay! Man I was so careful about the rooms at the begining, then when you went quiet for awhile I forgot all about them