General Pokémon topic

I had been hyped for Pokemon Go for a long time, but with how buggy everything has been I lost a lot of momentum with it. My friends are still playing, but between never knowing if I will be able to log in and how disposable the pokemon all feel I am kind of sad about the whole thing.

I am hyped for Sun and Moon though. The new Vulpix form is so freaking cute and with how awesome X and Y were for innovations I am looking forward to seeing some of those ideas polished more in their second round.

That’s how I felt with the beta version, so much bugs and logging out. It’s been fine now with the final version for me. Occasional freezes, but yeah. I just play casually.

I just saw a mom and their kid talk about their magikarp in Pokemon Go today at work.

I wonder what the Z form is named after. Zygarde?

For those of you getting Pokemon Sun or Moon, which one are you getting? I’m probably getting Moon, but I’m not sure yet.

Also, which starter are you choosing? I was going to pick Litten, but if they leaked evolved forms are real, then I think I’ll go with Rowlet instead.

1 Like

Definitely moon, love the legendary in it. As for starter… probably Rowlet, I hope is has an awesome final evolved form as a giant owl :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I pre-ordered Moon - the legendary is just so much cooler. For starters - not Popplio is the only thing for sure. I am leaning towards Rowlet at this point - I must admit somewhat influenced by how much it looks like Kotori from Love Live - but also because I like grass starters.

1 Like

I haven’t pre ordered anything, but I’m going to go with Sun. I’ve always gone with the reddish colored games and I can’t really stop now.

I usually pick fire starters, but I have to go with Rowlet. I mean, come on… He’s got a freakin bowtie.

Sorry to add to Popplio hate, but I have to say he does not look that great. I could be immensely wrong though, who knows

2 Likes

I’m staring at Moon right now on Amazon…

No matter what I’m still starting with Litten. ;w; <3

X and Y being… not great… kind of turned me off the main series. Dunno if I’ll pick up S/M at all, if I do it will be late when I’ve heard a lot of other opinions on it.

As for GO, it was doing really well until Niantic shot itself in the foot. It had a lot of staying power. Hopefully they can salvage it.

1 Like

For me, XY brought me back into the gameverse really so I marathoned the Sinnoh and Unova games after finishing XY.

Yeah with all the bugs people are reporting, I hope they get fixed. Though ugh. I gotta free up space for this update.

I’ve had this song stuck in my head for days ever since the latest Pokemon episode aired. Can’t get enough of Pikachu. <3

I keep coming back to this topic, but what do you guys think of what was released for Detective Pikachu?

I personally think it’s a good idea, as the series has been getting pretty rinse and repeat, so Nintendo branching out can introduce new people.

Detective Pikachu is really weird at first look, and not because it’s a different game style, but because Pikachu’s voice in the trailer is so off putting. I look at Pikachu and expect the girllish, high pitched noise that usually comes out and instead it’s a man’s voice. Don’t know how I feel about that, haha

But seriously, I’m willing to give the game a chance. If it’s something like Professor Layton or Ace Attorney where you are solving puzzles and cases, but with Pokemon, sign me up. Always looking to play something new

1 Like

Pokemon GO saved??

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/762855424815083520

1 Like

I would definitely play Detective Pikachu since I’m one of the biggest Pikachu fans. Though man the Detective Pikachu movie in the works is kinda umm???

Ooooh! That looks interesting and very useful for Pokemon Go!

What is your favorite Pokemon and why?
Igglybuff, what’s not to like

What is your favorite main series or spin-off game?
Gee, this is a tough one. I’d have to say Pokemon Y, because I sunk the most time into it, or Platinum, because it was the first game that was mine to keep (played my sisters games) and I really liked the story.
What is your favorite generation and why?
Gen 4 for that Platinum nostalgia

What is your favorite starter?
Chimchar, it was my first starter (also my Infernape had thunderpunch, which was cool)

What is your dream team?
I think my “competitive” Y team was Scyther, Blissey, Blaziken, Greninja, Yveltal, Aggron (I think)
All my nicknames are dumb
Scyther was Scyther because it was from a trade
The Blissey was named Stalin, because it stalls…
Blaziken was Ra because it’s flaming chicken/bird
Greninja was Grespawn (I have no idea)
Yveltal was Thanatos because he was the Greek god of Death
Aggron was Armaggedon because they share a lot of letters

Would you like to play with others on pokemon showdown?
Yeh, sure. Even though I haven’t played in a while

Have you played any fan games?
I mean, showdown

Are you hyped for gen 7?
Always enjoy me some S&M ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I’ve also been playing a reasonable amount of Pokemon Go, but it’s kinda dying down. Maybe it’ll explode again when trading gets implemented.

1 Like

This, so much this. I was ready to take it seriously until the moment Pikachu started talking. Though I feel like if they want to pursue doing more with the series than what they have been they should have almost a different “job” selection in the main series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-16/guardians-of-the-galaxy-gravity-falls-writers-in-talks-for-live-action-pokemon-film/.105459

This could be interesting now. O:

Well I preordered Moon on Amazon, now to wait forever. :slight_smile:

Oh I guess I’ll answer these.

What is your favorite Pokemon and why?
Manaphy and Absol. Absol is just really cool and I love the design, Manaphy is adorable and over the course of both the film and getting the egg in the original ‘Ranger’ game and raising it through Gen IV and V, I’m quite attached to it.

What is your favorite main series or spin-off game?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 has by far the best narrative of any title in the entire franchise. Since the updated version adds a bunch of more cool stuff, and the game is amazing already, I’d have to say PMD Explorers of Sky is my favourite game.

What is your favorite generation and why?
Hmmm… I’m still really attached to II, since that’s where I started. I find Johto to be one of my favourite regions, aesthetically, and the double region twist was amazing. I liked IV a lot too, that’s the last time I really got into the main franchise.

What is your favorite starter?
That’s tough. I adore Totodile and his evo line. Treeko is cool but I’m not a fan of Sceptile, Grovyle is sick. And recently I’m a huge fan of Fennekin’s line. All the X/Y starters are cool, building the classical RPG trinity of Paladin, Thief and Mage. I’m a Mage at heart so Fennekin was a natural choice.

What is your dream team?
Varies from game to game. It’s generally starter + cool mons I find as I play and really like. I have no set in stone team I want to use.

Would you like to play with others on pokemon showdown?
I play extremely rarely with friends, but overall no. I have completely no interest in the idea of competitive play in Pokemon. My experience in a Pokemon game ends when the region has nothing left to offer. All legends hunted down, all story arcs complete.

Have you played any fan games?
A few. Pokemon Raptor is fantastic. I also had a lot of fun with what was done of Super Pokemon Eevee Edition back when I played it.

I keep meaning to sit down with Pokemon Reborn, and I did download Pokemon Uranium recently, but I’m not overly motivated to start them yet.

Are you hyped for gen 7?

Has anyone been following the designs for the new Pokemon for Sun & Moon lately? I am personally in love with Pyukumuku.

It’s ability is “innards out” - who would have thought The Pokemon Company would finally capitalize on my old obsession with Sea Cucumbers? If Pyukumuku had been in Gen 3 I would have played it when it came out for sure.

2 Likes

New Alola update!

Also Munchlax distribution for Sun/Moon.

People are thinking this may be a sign for Sinnoh remakes since Torchic was distributed in XY and we had ORAS happen.

2 Likes

I guess it has been a while, but it feels premature to remake Sinnoh. I am enough of fan to buy it anyway, but I hope that is not the case.

1 Like