General Pokémon topic

What is your favorite Pokemon and why?

This is such as tough question. You don’t seriously expect me to choose ONE? I’ll go ahead and name ten Pokemon that I love.

1. Togekiss - lovely design, great moveset, ability, typing
  2. Gible - cute little dragon, I love the colors
  3. Mega Charizard X - looks f-ing amazing and it’s an actual dragon
  4. Yveltal - I simply love the design and the color combination. It’s also literally Pokemon of destruction.
  5. Sylveon - cute Fairy type, I really like the design
  6. Empoleon - it’s a badass steel/water type, what more do you want?
  7. Snivy - this Pokemon just has so much personality, and I love how smug it looks. Also I love grass types in general.
  8. Zoroark - a wild beast that can manifest illusions? It’s simply amazing
  9. Lycanroc-Midnight - a werewolf-like Pokemon that looks edgy af. Love it
  10. Talonflame - a badass fire/flying type, one of the best, if not the best regional starting birds

What is your favorite main series or spin-off game?

Main series: Pokemon Platinum.
Spin-off: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky

What is your favorite generation and why?

Gen 4. Amazing region, mythology-heavy and overall lots of Pokemon that I just like.

What is your favorite starter?

Aaaah, let’s say Turtwig.

What is your dream team?

Empoleon, Togekiss, Sylveon, Zoroark, Talonflame and Mega Charizard X.

Would you like to play with others on pokemon showdown?

Sure, why not?

Have you played any fan games?

Plenty of them.

Are you hyped for gen 7?

Not very hyped for USUM, but I guess I am looking forward to gen 8. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wobbuffet. He’s just so silly! He’s really funny in the anime, and he’s kind of just this adorable blue blob. I love him.

What is your favorite main series or spin-off game?

My favorite main series game is Pokemon Platinum, although from a critical and objective standpoint, I’d say the BEST games are either HeartGold/Soulsilver or Black/White.

My favorite of the spinoffs is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, particularly the Explorers trilogy. I also have a soft spot for Pokemon Snap.

What is your favorite generation and why?

Gen IV. I grew up with it, it has the best Pokemon roster, it’s the most consistent generation, and it had the most significant technological advancements. The physical special split, Masuda method, ONLINE WIFI AND TRADING. Gen IV improved everything. I haven’t played Gen II or Gen VII, but I’d rank the other Gens IV>III=V>VI>I.

My homeboy Turtwig.

What is your dream team?

Wobbuffet, Gardevoir, Roserade, Togekiss, Poliwrath, Staraptor.

Yeahhhh buddy

Nope.

Are you hyped for gen 7?

Yeah, but I have to finish Sun and Moon before I play USUM.

3 Likes

I am old. I grew up with the very first generation and only own the Red, Yellow, Gold, Saphire and the Black edition (black because I wanted to see how far Pokémon had evolved while I wasn’t looking).
So don’t ask me about your new critters and mega-evolutions. In my time there were only 151 Pokémon and you had to catch them with hollowed-out nuts like a real man! Or… primary school age boy… for that matter…

Magikarp!

Don’t look at me like that! I just think it embodies the concept of Pokémon the best. You have that useless little critter and with a lot of sweat and grindy agony it evolves into a giant murder machine. What is there not to like?

(the very enjoyable source story of that pic is to be found here: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/02222010
You won’t regret it, Jared and Mr. Fish are absolutely hilarious)

What is your favorite main series or spin-off game? Merged with the Question for the Generation
My favourite should be the Gold edition (or rather, the second generation in general). Two regions to explore, all the new and the old Pokémon and therefore a great sense of continuity! I have heard HeartGold and SoulSilver are even better.

I tend to take the firestarters… so… I have to say Charmander! If only Charizard would loose a little weight…

What is your dream team?
Tough question. I can’t think of any one that I always tend to keep around, because usually I am constantly switching around my roster to evolve some or another.
There is a little story about how I trolled the Elite 4 in my Gold edition really hard. I was a noob and thought that fisherman at Lake Rage would give you anything better than a bloody Ether if you’d show him a really large Magikarp (spoiler: He doesn’t), so kept catching them and catching them, but didn’t know what to do with them afterwards. Releasing them seemed like a waste, so…
… I blasted my way through the Elite Four with a team only made up of Gyarados. Wahahaha!

Okay, If I am supposed to be serious, let’s try a team made up of Pokémon I have a deep connection to:

1. Machamp, my only Pokémon I ever evolved through trade. You see, I don’t have any friends…
  2. Mr. Fish, ever since I have read Manly Guys doing Manly Things, I just have to name one of my Magikarps Mr. Fish.
  3. Starbuck, a Haunter I have used while hunting Entei like an utter maniac. I was still vastly underleveled, so while Starbuck managed to force the bastard to keep in the battle, Entei always killed me. I chose the name first and foremost as a Moby Dick reference, but admittedly, since Haunters are named ‘Alpollo’ in German, it doubles as a Battlestar Galactica reference… XD
  4. Typhlosion, of course if this is a Gold edition themed team, I have to take the 2. generation starter with me)
  5. Pikachu, the fat rat from the Yellow edition. For some reason my Pikachu glitched after I dumped it at the PC once and it always kept a negative affection value because of it. Because of this fucker they denied me the bulbasaur (because you need to pass an affection check to get it) and in return, I have to send Pikachu into every battle in the vain hope that one day it will start to like me again.
  6. Magneton, because for some odd reason, I really love that overpowered little murder drone. Can’t exactly say why. Maybe I just like the steel type in general.

Nah, I’m not a competetive player.

I have played Pokémon Zeta when that whole Pokémon Go hype reached out to me. It was really fun. Shame I never got to the second region though.

Are you hyped for gen 7?
Not really, no…

1 Like

I remember reading that you should never do that in a guide once, so that negative affection value might have been intended.

Interesting. Though Admittedly, I restarted my game several years ago and tried shelving Pikachu once again just to see if the same would happen. Pikachu’s affection took a hit, but it recovered fast, so I assumed it had to be a glitch that my Pikachu never ever liked me again the first time.

1 Like

Have you watched this video? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fave starter and pokemon: squirtle because they were the one that matched my personality on the pokemon mystery dungeon test. Fave pokemon games are pokemon conquest and pokemon mystery dungeon.

I actually did, some time ago.^^ Still very funny, therefore thanks for linking!
Though this actually reminds me that I should try continue my playthrough of the ‘Pokémon Survival Island’ Fangame. It has the nice feature that you can choose any non-legendary as your starter…
… guess which one I took? :stuck_out_tongue:

Have to emulate Jared and Mr. Fish after all.^^

I don’t think I ever watched the English version. I feel like the Japanese one flowed a bit better, but I freaking love this anyway. I hope they keep doing these videos, the slowpoke one was hilariously amazing too.

1 Like

So excited to be able to display the mini-figures. >w>

The last five are the newest in the figure series~

1 Like

My favorite pokemon is Vaporeon, purely for aesthetic reasons. When I was a kid, I had the most fun pretending to be Vaporeon or ‘catch’ one in swimming pools. How embarrassing, haha…

My favorite Gen is 4, because Platinum was my first game. I do remember the commercials for FireRed/LeafGreen and R/S/E, though.
My second favorite Gen is 2. At this time, I’ve got a Gold file I actively play with on my phone. My favorite Gen 2 pokemon is Ampharos!

So who’s excited for Detective Pikachu?

I’m glad that it’s finally reaching English audiences - been wanting to play this game since 2015. The live action movie probably inspired it to be localized.