Goats reading Seacats

Does anyone know what happened to Goats reading Seacats? I digged their analysis for the first 4 episodes and they haven’t updated in over a year, are they dead or on hiatus? Anyone know?

1 Like

I only found out about these guys recently, but I’m also curious. I’d love to invite them to join Rokkenjima!

Changed the category for you.

1 Like

I ran into this blog when I started my (first) reread of Umineko about a year and a half ago and ended up reading the question arcs alongside it. It’s probably no exaggeration to say that it had a massive positive effect on my appreciation of Umineko. I hadn’t spent a lot of time reflecting on the story at the time, and I didn’t have the motivation to just do it on my own, so this blog was a real blessing. It ironed out all the things I was still confused about, presenting its interpretations in such a way that they’re easy to follow and make sense.

Really hope it gets continued someday.

3 Likes

Actually I’m curious, how would you folks feel about doing a Goats reading Seacats style blog with this site? As in have multiple members go through Umineko and share their thoughts on it? WOuld ya guys be down with that

1 Like

We plan to have forum discussions and podcasts in that same vain. See the Higurashi Tea Party!

1 Like

Oh that’s really neat, I plan to have fun with this

1 Like

Wow, this is a blast from the past. I used to love reading the entries from that tumblr. Haven’t heard much from those two nowadays. I also liked reading the Higurashi liveblogs from them.

3 Likes

They had a Higurashi live blog, Rika? That’s cool!

I think they might have lost interest in going over it, since they made it to some chapters of EP5. They’re the only Umineko/overall WTC live blog on tumblr I liked, as the rest seemed fairly biased while they just analyzed it without too much of their personal opinions bleeding into it.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess they burned out for some reason. I hope they’ll come back to the fandom someday.

1 Like

Well it was on their personal tumblrs really, mostly akatokuro’s.

Yeah they probably were burned out. It would be nice to see them make a comeback.

1 Like

This is the first time I’m hearing about this blog, but its analysis of the question arcs truly is pretty interesting to read, I should remember this one so I’ll read it when I’m finished with Umineko.

1 Like

The Stupid Goats Seacats blog was an absolutely incredible read. I’ve always wondered why the two of them just abruptly ghosted everyone. :confused: They not only abandoned SGRS, but their own personal blogs as well.

2 Likes

I ran into the blog when I was on my second reread of Umineko. During my first reread I was able to pick up on some of the stuff covered in GRS, but certainly not all of it. The blog really helped me to deeply analyze Umineko. While I already had some thoughts on Umineko as a mystery, my thoughts barely scratched the surface of all Umineko had to offer. Reading the blog helped me to realize that Umineko was truly a story. Before finding the blog, I just interpreted Umineko as a mystery and didn’t really care about the motivations of the characters. I was too busy trying to figure out the whodunnit rather than the whydunnit. Because of that, I had missed a lot of the heart of Umineko that GRS talks about. Reading this blog really helped me see just how deep of a story Umineko was, and really helped solidify my love for the series.

But yeah, it’s been almost two years since the last post on the GRS blog (and their personal blogs). I’m not really sure why akatokuro and yumetabibito disappeared. They probably just got burned out. That said, I really hope they return to the fandom and their blogs to continue where they left off! I also hope that they find us, so that I can properly thank them for GRS and how much it helped me to truly understand and appreciate Umineko.

4 Likes

This blog really was the one that helped me appreciate what depths Umineko had on my reread. I really hope they come back one day.

2 Likes