Golden Bug Hunter visits the Ushiromiya Mansion (Kyu-Furukawa Gardens)

I’m not 100 percent sure if this is a discussion, an event, or a fanwork. Ultimately, I’m a fan and I worked on this post, so I’m putting it in fanworks. Please move if I’m wrong.

So, as the topic says, around the end of May I visited the Kyu-Furukawa Gardens in Japan, and I am just now getting around to uploading the pictures. Let’s take a look, shall we?

Here she is, the house in all her glory.

And this is me standing in front of it. There. Undeniable proof. This picture is definitely a selfie taken by the user who posts as Golden Bug Hunter. A corpse cannot take a photo. A corpse cannot post to a web forum. Golden Bug Hunter was alive when this photo was taken.

Kinzo’s study is pretty high up, huh? ANd that’s a really small opening. He’d really have to be an absolute madman to get out that way. And very skinny too.

I was there! It exists! I ALSO EXIST

The maze garden in front of the mansion is pretty cool. Not really tall enough to get lost in, per say, but still pretty cool.

These are not the only pictures I took, but they are the only ones that would upload properly without editing. I’ll see about getting the rest posted but it will take a bit of doing. Resizing and such is a pain.

20 Likes

Jokes on you that’s just the guesthouse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oooh nice pilgrimage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooo, cool dude. What’s the surrounding area like?
The mansion being all lonely was one of my favourite things in terms of atmosphere but I think I see an apartment building in the corner of a few of those pictures which seems like it’d kinda ruin it…

@GoldenBugHunter I take it the interior isn’t available for public touring, right?

Very cool! I bet the rose garden is amazing when they are in bloom.

So, the mansion is surrounded by a medium sized park, and while it is in the middle of town there is a wall to separate it from the houses and such outside. This is something I am seeing a lot in Japan, where they just have parks and gardens in the middle of the city and concentrate a lot of greenery into a small space. It’s no remote island, but it is in its own way slightly cut off from the outside. As you said, though, if you look in the right (or perhaps wrong) place you can still see signs of the outside world.

Thanks for the pictures, gives me a little info to expect when I make my visit.