Haworthia Collaborative Translation Project

Hi everyone!

With the release of Haworthia and many members having ordered a copy (I myself will acquire one soon) - I wanted to create a thread for those interested in helping on a collaborative translation for the contents of the CD.

Basically it would be as those with the CD can share the script or booklet information that we need to translate; and people who want to can volunteer their skills for what they feel they are best at to help.

You don’t need to be 100% fluent in Japanese or even English - anything helps! Just do the best you can, with any tools or resources you have. I can help to polish /check over the translations and I also work with native tongue Japanese speakers who also speak English to help check as well.

And anyone else who wishes to help, please do!

Thank you. Please let me know below if you wish to help. This main post will be edited as the contents to be translated will be released.

UPDATE: 11/06/2017

I was able to receive a copy of Haworthia yesterday, and I’ve been busy trying to work through translating the booklet and here is what I’ve got so far.

It definitely needs tweaking and a native check, to look over for mistakes, misinterpretations, or even better words used - but here is the first page of the booklet very roughly, and only half, translated. In other words, what I have so far…

"Booklet 1st page

White paragraph:

“According to Organics Automata, Consol Sphere Management as the Chief Spokesperson for the UN WRS Environment Management Organization has officially acknowledged for the first time that it has effectively became uncontrollable. It has been acknowledged that the environmental improvement by Organics Automata has completely failed.”

Pink text:
“We love this star. This star, also loves us”

Green text:
"Organics Automata will work with a gentle medicine to heal this star. Unlike all the hasty and aggressive environmental remedies that have done so far by humankind, Organics Automata naturally enhances the self-healing power of this star and naturally change its nature to natural nature - such a thing can be expected of Organics Automata. "

Pink text:
"But, the star did not love us.
Why is it so?
Basically, there are no emotions of this star in the first place.
Of course, we misjudged that entirely. "

White paragraph, first sentence:

"All of the miscalculations were our arrogance, if I think about it. Just as we once forgot the respect for our parents and forgotten their teachings, They also forgot the respect towards us, and they did not listen to the instructions. “”

That’s what I have (roughly) for the booklet so far.
Aside from the inner page first sentence, which was translated already I believe.

Alright, onto the music now. I skimmed through them roughly. Tracks 1 - 9 need translating, and they alternate between dialogue or lyrical as follows:

Track 1 (Dialogue)
Track 2 (Lyrics)
Track 3 (Dialogue)
Track 4 (Lyrics)
Track 5 (Dialogue)
Track 6 (Lyrics)
Track 7 (Dialogue)
Track 8 (Lyrics)
Track 9 (Dialogue)

They all seem to have a feel of various references to music styles such as Akiko Shikata, the Chrono Cross and Phantasy Star Online OSTs, and there are a few completely Umineko-styled songs in the CD. In total there are 17 tracks.

At present, all 9/17 tracks need to be translated, as well as the rest of the booklet.

Track 7, I translated a little, it starts off with
"“Everything is for this star, Oraganics Automata will make this star beautiful again” and then two girls can be heard screaming and calling for “Mom”, but very comedic effect.

That’s all I have so far! I’m looking forward to working together!

12 Likes

I’ll definitely help if I have time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello!
I commented in Twitter (@Nettachann) but I assumed it’ll be a good idea to make an account anyway and comment here as well.
I’m studying Japanese (second year) in the University. I’m still a rookie so I don’t really have abilities, but I will be happy to help any way I can.
I’ve been following the forums and news anonymously, and I appreciate your work and help a lot, so I will be happy to do what I can.
I am a student though, so I hope I will have the time for it-

7 Likes

I’ll try my best to help with this~.

4 Likes

oooh what a great idea!

I hope I can help whatever I can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your help everyone! I’m so excited to get started!
It looks like we won’t have too much on our hands either! It’s not too bad!
I’ve updated the top post!

My friend and fellow priest decided to help us with Haworthia and it’s a huge help. Thanks to him, I was able to translate a bit more of the first page, and into native nuance. Please have a look:

United Nations WRS Environment Control Management Mechanism Chief Spokesman for the first time has admitted officially that the management of Reconsolsphere by Organics Automata is in fact out of control.
In other words, the environment improvement by Organics Automata has completely failed.

Pink: “We love this planet. As this planet loves us”

Green text:
"Organics Automata will work as a gentle medicine to heal this planet.
It is completely different than all of the enviornment
improvement projects that was forced rapidly and aggressively by us as humanity.
Organics Automata will strengthen the self-healing power of this planet in time.
We can expect to improve nature into natural nature naturally.

Pink:
"But, the planet did not love us.
Why is it so?
Needless to say, of course there are no emotions of this planet.
We misjudged that entirely. "

White:
"All of the miscalculations were our arrogance, if I think about it.
Just as we once forgot the respect for our birth parents, and forgotten their teachings,
They also forgot the respect towards us, then they did not listen to our instructions. "

“Spokesman, in other words, does it mean, Organics Automata became out of control?”

“If the definition of ‘out of control’ means losing a handle on direct operations, the answer is yes.
But, it is continuing activity in accordance with our program.
That’s why, if the definition of out of control means unexpected actions,
the answer is, no.”

He also entirely translated Tracks 1 and 9:

Track 1

Asaki(?): "I wonder if the environment mechanism doesn’t work? It’s very terribly uncomfortable temperature, isn’t it?

Yuu(?): "Uwah, is this a so-called sweating phenomenon?!*
Ew, it’s sticky and uncomfortable.*

*Nuance: *probably not human, maybe android (they probably had ability to sweat before but since it was never so hot they never did)

Yuu(?): “Wait. This is…what is-”

Asaki(?): “Please stop! We should not come closer.”

Robotic Voice: “Generating analysis, now copying…please wait a moment.”

Yuu(?): It spoke our language!

Asaki(?): It’s totally opposite from the information that was given by the government.
No, even the development company couldn’t grasp this specification…

Robotic voice: The analysis of you, A, accomplished. Water 64%, protein 18%, fat 16% , mineral 5%,

You, B, analysis result is also almost the same.
The different characteristic is there is a higher ammonium content.

Asaki(?): “Are you holding in your pee?”

Kyaaa

Robotic: Generating, and form copying completed. Nice to meet you, my friends. Let’s communicate with language.

Yuu(?): I can’t believe it, the mechanical particles for environment improvement got multicelluarized - and a communication function!?

Asaki(?): There is only one possibility I can imagine. In the proccess of self-copying, it is taking a more ideal form to accomplish the mission, then…

Yuu(?): In other words, it means it evolved, doesn’t it!?

Robotic voice: Everything is for this planet, Organics Automata will return the beauty to planet.

Track 9

Robotic voice:
Warp Sequence Starting, 300 seconds left
Everyone, this is the last time to see our home planet.

Haworthia(?):

I recently began to feel,
The life that,
enjoys conversation with friends,
recieves sunshine,
feels the wind blowing,
and accepts aging
is not beautiful

However…

However…

Only one thing,
I learned to sing a song
And…
I didn’t forget

I desire strongly,
the planet we once loved which turned into Hell
is paradise for them.
and they will be loved by the planet from now on too.

3, 2, 1…

These translations are considered complete as they have had native check - but, if you feel there might be a better translation, please feel free to suggest and we work on it together. The other tracks (2~8) need to be done as well too!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for the partial booklet translation, and the translations of tracks 1 and 9. The samples on Toranoana cover the last third of 1 and about half of 9, and it matches perfectly with what I heard. Awesome work.

1 Like

My copy came in the mail yesterday, so I decided to scan all the content in the booklet and CD case. My scanner is terrible quality, but hopefully the text is still legible:

Haworthia Scans

2 Likes