Higanbana Bookclub Podcast 2

Another week, another Higanbana Bookclub Podcast! In this episode we’ll be discussing the latter half of The First Night: Chapters 4. 5. 6 and 7. I Aspirety am joined once again by MagusVerborum, VyseGolbez and Pictoshark. There were some divisive opinions on how Utopia was handled, but as an overall experience, we’re enjoying our time with Higanbana very much. Please enjoy our debate over this, as well as our discussion on some of the potential applications of Ryukishi’s messages.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/higanbana-bookclub-podcast-2/
3 Likes

This was a really good podcast! I especially like that the latter half of the podcast was essentially a more relevant discussion to us coming about because of what we read together. I guess in some ways it’s probably less interesting to total newcomers, but as someone who’s been a part of Kaza and Rokkenjima for such a long time now, the way this podcast unfolded felt kinda cathartic.

And while there were disagreements on the merits of the story, it really only led to more differing, interesting viewpoints being shared, making the whole thing pretty great to listen to. In particular, @MagusVerborum, hope to see you on more podcasts in the future, you’re good at this =P

4 Likes

Thanks I’m just happy to contribute to the discussion! :blushing:

I’m glad my editing work paid off XP

But yeah, I planned from the beginning to take the themes of Utopia and bring it to a broader discussion of real world applications, I love doing that kind of thing in podcasts.

I may end up getting real deep on the next podcast, be prepared :push:

1 Like