Higurashi Hou: Kamikanshi Full Series Spoilers General

General discussion topic for Kamikanshi-hen, the God Violating Chapter from Higurashi When They Cry Hou.

Feel free to discuss the entirety of Higurashi here, but you may wish to tag references to console arcs with [spoiler] at your own discretion.

While this topic will serve as a general hub for discussion of the Chapter, if a conversation ends up flowing in a certain direction (eg. You start talking about the series as a whole rather than this particular Chapter), don’t be afraid to continue it in your own topic! Keep the “reply as linked topic” button beside each post in mind.

What would you rate this chapter?

0 voters

2 Likes

Has anyone read Kamikanshi? The most interesting thing about this arc to me was the introduction of Tamurahime no Mikoto - and her relation to Hanyuu and the realm of kami. But in the end I felt it fell flat.
The whole arc sort of read like a fanfiction to me. Not in a bad way since fanfictions can be really well written. But in the sense of taking two main characters (Hanyuu and Rika) and putting them into a completely different realm, very more sci fi like aura, and scenes taking place outside of Hinamizawa.
I liked it but I see it more as an additive or side story than a true contribution to the main story or arcs

1 Like

I didn’t care for Kamikanshi much. I liked the previous arc better, when the disease was being built up and the club was trying to survive, rather than the battle of gods we got here. I’m glad it does elaborate more on the nature of Hanyuu but all the build up from before just fizzled away in the antics of Hanyuu, Tamurahime, and Une in the end.

1 Like

Kamikanshi starts really good, showing how Okinomiya was also affected and that leaving Hinamizawa was just a first step in order to survive the new world. But then that whole miko with superpowers thing starts and in the end everything becomes a dumb comedy showing how pointless this arc is. It’s not a bad arc in general, specially since it gives a new light on what is Hanyuu and the Hinamizawa Syndrome. I think the fact that it comes as a continuation to Outbreak, which was an intense and very serious arc, is what makes of Kamikanshi a not-so-good arc.

2 Likes