Higurashi Sui: Kageboushi Full Series Spoilers General

Spoilers discussion topic for the console-exclusive Someutsushi arc of Higurashi When They Cry.

This topic is intended for people who have finished the entirety of Higurashi and wish to discuss this chapter in light of future events. For those who have yet to finish Higurashi in its entirety, please tread carefully, because there will be untagged spoilers! Please tag references to outside works with the [spoiler] tag, with adequate context provided in parenthesis.

While this topic will serve as a general hub for discussion of the Chapter, if a conversation ends up flowing in a certain direction (eg. You start talking about the series as a whole rather than this particular Chapter), don’t be afraid to continue it in your own topic! Keep the “reply as linked topic” button beside each post in mind.

For those who have yet to finish the series and wish to discuss the story up to this point, please visit our Spoiler-Free discussion topic.

Well, wow that was a ride.

At first I wasn’t particularly interested, but somehow the story drew me in during the middle with Minai Tomoe. Her talking to Natsumi about her past with her sister and parents… It just really resonated with me.

Knowing Onisarashi-hen, I knew what to expect for the end of the story, but it still really got to me. Like what was said before in Someutsushi, I reallly did enjoy reading about what happens after the great Hinamizawa disaster. The political discussion makes me wonder how far TOKYO tries to cover up what happened in Hinamizawa.

I surprised myself by feeling so much emotions during this chapter just what happened to Minai… Even Ooishi grabbed at my heart strings and I don’t particularly care about him that much… it was just real heartbreaking.

Also ahhhh that after credits scene was so cuute. ;_; I forgot that was a thing just added for the console arcs.

Oh and Wakamoto voicing Kaoru!!! good voice cast :smiley:

I’m excited to read more console arcs whenever they come out. :slight_smile: