Higurashi TV Drama

Maybe they did that more last time cause the first few episodes of the series were to air, thus more promotion was neccesary but still, it’s a bit strange that they haven’t posted anything since 1 July. Promotion for any series is always good, especially now that it will enter the new, Answer arcs phase, but since it’s gotten so close now, just a month away, I think they will start posting some photos or something soon.

Speaking of, how scary is the new TV drama? I’m curious to watch it, but even though I’ve read and watched both Higurashi and Umineko, I’m really bad with horror… :grimacing:

1 Like

If you were able to handle the anime, I don’t think the TV drama will scare you that much. You could always just watch the first episode and see how you feel after that.

1 Like

Ha ha, watching horror animation is a bit more bearable to me, that’s why I could handle it, but I guess you’re right, I’ll just watch the first episode and see what I’ll do from there.

1 Like

Damn… on one hand I’m excited, but on the other hand I was really hoping I could do basically this exact same thing later on… oh well.

So Higurashi Kai started up again last week. There hasn’t really been much known about it which is odd considering how much they advertised the first series.

The ED is the same, except for new scenes for the new series.

Considering Kai is only 4 episodes… I’m not too hopeful it will be as good as the first season since two eps for Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi each already seems rushed. Seeing the first episode made me realize that.

[spoiler]Well the episode ended with the Shion and Mion having a conversation about Keiichi. Shion commenting about how Mion still has the person she loves. Next episode will be the first appearance of dark Rika since no Himatsubushi.

Though I did like the scene where Rika was all “Satoko it’s already been decided, Nipaaaa~”

Once again they used Dai’s BGM, though it seemed like they reused throughout the episode. THey used Kage and Confession. I think there was another one but it was mainly those two.[/spoiler]

I’ll still watch the drama, but I won’t hold high hopes really.

Whatever happened in the drama? How were the later arcs adapted, for those who watched it?

Late reply!

Well Tsumihoroboshi arc ended up incorporating elements from pasts arcs and also… revealed stuff from a latter arc.

Sadly I doubt we’ll get a third tv series… It seems every live action media likes to end on Tsumihoroboshi.

All and all, I still liked the jdrama. Would have loved to have seen more.

3 Likes

Well, did the changes at least make Tsumihoroboshi a satisfying ending? Or is it open ended like the ending of the anime’s first season?

Open ended like the anime’s first season!

Whaaaaaat? That’s crazy to me. Tsumihoroboshi is my favorite arc, but I’d never be satisfied with it as the end of the story.

Yeah it’s quite unfortunate, but I guess… They probably saw the effects in the latter arcs and just went nope we’ll end it here.

I may just buy the TV drama sometime…

drama is expensive. When I went to Tokyo I could not find a copy of it anywhere, I went around everywhere since it was on my list. I see it on auction once in awhile 150000 yen or higher.