Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch. 5 Meakashi Released on Steam!

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch. 5 Meakashi Released on Steam!

That's right, the very first of the Higurashi Answer arcs has been published on Steam at long last! Meakashi-hen returns us to the setting of Watanagashi-hen for a first-hand look at what really happened through the eyes of Shion Sonozaki. In this Chapter we'll be properly introduced to Satoshi Houjou for the first time, along with many other twists and turns. The time has come to test if your theories were correct or not!

It's being sold at the standard price of $7.99 USD, but you can pick it up at 10% off until the 6th of May. Will you be picking it up? I'll be waiting until we finish with the Himatsubushi Tea Party first, but I'm excited to dig into it soon!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/higurashi-when-they-cry-hou-ch-5-meakashi-released-on-steam/
4 Likes

This arc had me at “Shion”. Get hyyyyyyyype.

I’ll be waiting for the voice/PS3 asset patch, but apparently the developers (Edit: the modders, NOT the developers) made preparations beforehand for this chapter’s release so they expect to release a voice patch in a week or so with the PS3 asset patch to follow later. So that’s a plus!

4 Likes

Have the other steam releases had a voice patch as well? If so, I’ll be rereading again!

Yeah. As far as I know, though, only Onikakushi has a voice-only patch. The patches for the later arcs combine voices with PS3 assets (which work REALLY well, I recommend you use them), which means you get redrawn 16:9 backgrounds and sprites.

Here is the link for Onikakushi’s patch. Click the “07th-mod” link to access the patches for the other arcs.

Oh, this is awesome. Appreciate it.